Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots upset on lost commitments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Coots upset on lost commitments

May 21, 2015, 10:19 AM

Was checking out what was being said about the recent decootment on Cockytalk boards and found this long gem. About sums up the whole history of coot athletics.

"This guy was NEVER committed to us. Why we would accept a commitment from anyone without his first agreeing to end his recruitment by not taking other visits or talk to other coaching staffs is the most baffling and frustrating thing about our coaching staff and I will never understand it. In any business transaction there has to be an exchange of value. But in defiance of common sense economics our staff gives away the promise of a scholarship and a limited spot in our recruiting class in exchange for absolutely nothing. Our recruits go all over the place taking official and unofficial vists, meeting with coaches and generally shopping around for a better deal knowing that they have us unilaterally locked in.

Stupid is as stupid does and our staff is stupid stupid stupid year after year after year. You'd think after having this happen nine times last year that we would change this stupid policy, but Spurrier has no boss - no one to listen to or hold him to account for stupid decisions like this or like hiring Co-Coordinators. That name itself is an oxymoron.

The sick thing is that this is the never ending story of Gamecock athletics. I doubt if we'll ever get it all together. We have a Board of Trustees that act like they're a bunch of fraternity boys and the Athletics Dept is just there for them to dole out favors to all their buddies. They aren't accountable to anybody for anything they do and the last thing they want is an AD who wants to actually run this in a way that might interfere with their play toy. So they hire weak meek people like Tanner who won't rock the boat and we fans generally get a face full of the misery that is Gamecock athletics shoved down our throats. Every once in a blue moon we get a little taste of success and we get all euphoric and canonize whatever coach put the blip on the radar. Then the fleeting moment dissipates and we're left with the same mess that has been here the entire 60 years I've been on the planet - and that means crap like so called "commitments" who haven't committed to anything. "

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa....

May 21, 2015, 10:25 AM

this guy may take a crane to remove Spurrier's banner from WB....and burn it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This had to C&Ped from somewhere else.

May 21, 2015, 10:36 AM

There's not a Coot that smart on Cocky Talk. It's worst of all College fan sites. Idiot trolls abound there,IQ level is LOW. I believe it was the site even talked about a year or so ago during a USuC presser as being an embarrassment to the fan base.That's quite an accomplishment !!!

Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else.

May 21, 2015, 10:41 AM

Not sure how the guy comes off intelligent?

There isn't a single coach in the country who completely stops kids from continuing the recruiting process. It's a completely unrealistic standard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 21, 2015, 10:45 AM

"Not sure how the guy comes off intelligent?"

LOL

It should be....Not sure how the guy comes off as intelligent?

HTH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

May 21, 2015, 10:47 AM

Itbrealtbd

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

Doesn't help when your as is unnecessary.

May 21, 2015, 10:57 AM

The "as" is completely necessary for proper sentence structure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

May 21, 2015, 10:59 AM

Stop while you're ahead anonymous. Nothing worse than correcting someone's grammar when you're wrong.

May 21, 2015, 11:03 AM

LOL, Nothing worse than questioning someone's intelligence when you can't even put a proper sentence together to do so.

May 21, 2015, 11:09 AM

It doesn't appear you know grammar well enough to understand why you're wrong. I'll just be embarrassed for you.

Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else.***

May 21, 2015, 11:13 AM

May 21, 2015, 11:29 AM

What a CRYBABY this Classof09 guy /girl is! I hope he/she is not an adult. The way he/she jumped this thread, you'd think he/she was the JUAN who wrote that piece on cockytalk! However we all know the amount of multi-syllable words excludes him/her!
BEAT IT COOT!!!

May 21, 2015, 12:35 PM

I disagree. I think Classof09 thinks they are a very intelligent when it comes to football. I believe they feel that they want their point to be heard in sensible manner. They feel that they are arguing a point that South Carolina will always have a better football team than Clemson.

However, when one dissects the subject, they will find a wealth of evidence that concludes the latter. Granted, recent history will show South Carolina's success over Clemson, the history will overwhelming prove that every time South Carolina feels they have turn the preverbal corner against their arch rival, it turns into the erection of a big orange brick wall. And instead of turning around and figuring out their direction, they continue to shoulder themselves into stated brick wall. Then they begin to yell and taunt that wall about how they are much more smarter and superior. However, the brick wall implicates it's prowess of being bigger and stronger than their shoulders. Mind you, the wall has given way 42 times. However, their shoulder has had to be repaired 66 times. And their was 4 times in which the wall and the shoulder have whit's end.

In closing, the best solution to this is to know who we are dealing with and be weary of the environment for which we speak, and the culture for which we know.

I hope my Language Arts (it isn't English, for English is the sound of language, not the art of creating it) is appealing to this page.

May 21, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

You should have said "off as being intelligent" the way you worded it makes it sound like he is getting off intelligence like one gets off an interstate or off a soapbox.

May 21, 2015, 2:11 PM

ed zachary.

May 21, 2015, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

What?

Intelligent is an adjective. Soapbox and interstate are both nouns.

Do they not teach grammar at Clemson?

May 21, 2015, 3:19 PM

I'm sorry. Maybe I should have stated that you "deer to kill a King's dare!" I guess you could teach at Clemson. Then you could actually breathe and see what success looks like.

May 21, 2015, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

Yeah you clearly missed what I was trying to say. You made one of two mistakes. You could have said "the man comes off intelligently" if you were using "off" like an adverb in order to describe the manner in which he was acting. You could have said" the man comes off as being intelligent" if you were using "off" like a prepostion (like I read it based on context) in order to describe the man's state of being. In the second the words "as being" are necessary as a gerund to be the object of the preposition. Intelligent being an adjective cannot perform this action. In this case intelligent can be part of the prepostional clause which can function like an adjective to describe the subject. Have a nice day!

May 21, 2015, 3:25 PM

Sorry Panther. I saw that mistake. I will take ownership for that...You were caught in a cross fire exchange....

May 21, 2015, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

I understood what you were trying to say, but what you said was wrong.

How can you read the off as a preposition? You can only read off as a preposition if you incorrectly consider intelligent to be a noun.

It appears you made that mistake. That is why I pointed out that intelligent is an adjective and soap box and interstate are nouns.

More importantly you wouldn't use intelligently there. In the sentence the subject isn't actively doing anything. It's a statement of his appearance.

You would never look at someone and say, "You look sadly."

But maybe I'm giving you guys too much credit.

May 21, 2015, 4:56 PM

So it was secret option C hidden linking verb? He comes off [looking] intelligent.

May 21, 2015, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

When you are using the phrase 'come off' to describe how a person behaves or their character, you should use 'as' in the sentence. When you're using the phrase 'come off' to describe how something ended or how it went, you don't need it.

He comes off as intelligent.
or
Classof09 comes off as (insert word of choice).

How did the grammar argument on TigerNet come off?
or
The thread on TigerNet didn't come off well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe that's what you coots should have done

May 21, 2015, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

since your little 5 year streak put you ahead in the rivalry... Oh wait, you're STILL 24 games behind?

Man you can't make this stuff up..

For crying out loud

May 21, 2015, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

I'll say this for you, Classof 09 - at least you identify yourself as a Coot.
First:
A massage bored is a poor grammar resource.
Most people write the way the speak, but common speech does not replace proper usage.
An 'as' is proper in this instance.
Second:
If you decide to post on a rival board, try to understand that your mistakes will be called out.
If you don't like it, please show yourself out.
Third:
This is very important.
Never insist you are right unless you are certain.
Fourth:
######.

Now go back to your seat, young man.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: For crying out loud

May 21, 2015, 1:19 PM

Oghost,

I understand this is a rival board. But that doesn't mean you need to ignore the rules or grammar to side with one or your guys.

May 21, 2015, 1:22 PM

State the rule that proves me wrong.

I'm waiting.....

May 21, 2015, 1:24 PM

Show me the rule where you need it...

I see we can add reasoning as another area of weakness.

May 21, 2015, 1:52 PM

I doubt anonymous will respond but I will explain it for the others.

In my sentence off is an adverb. Inserting as, also an adverb, would create a sentence with an adverb that unnecessarily modifies or qualifies another part of the sentence. There is no need to qualify off in that sentence.

Anonymous clearly has an issue with unnecessary adverbs. It can also be evidenced in this post a few posts later.

"LOL, Nothing worse than questioning someone's intelligence when you can't even put a proper sentence together to do so."

So is also an adverb needing to modify or qualify another part of the sentence. What part of the sentence does it modify or qualify in his post?

That's right, it doesn't add any value. A proper way to construct his sentence would be to completely leave off the," to do so." You're still ending the sentence with an adverb but together qualifies sentence.

That's your grammar lesson for the day.

May 21, 2015, 2:03 PM

An adverb CAN modify another adverb.

HTH

May 21, 2015, 2:11 PM

Of course an adverb can modify an adverb if it's done correctly. You didn't do it so well.

Betcha don't see what I did there.

your posts read like a lawyer from delvin & parkinson***

May 21, 2015, 2:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 21, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: For crying out loud ]

"Not sure how the guy comes off intelligent?"

A person can get off intelligent?

"comes across" would've been a better choice.

"Nothing worse than questioning someone's intelligence when you can't even put a proper sentence together to do so."

"to do so" makes reference to the fact that your improper sentence was while questioning someone's intelligence.

Leave that out and it only states that you can't put together a proper sentence.

HTH

May 21, 2015, 2:34 PM

I admire your refusal to acknowledge you were wrong even if it makes you look worse.

May 21, 2015, 2:40 PM

I don't admire you or your refusal to acknowledge the additional adverb is needed.

May 22, 2015, 3:32 AM [ in reply to Re: For crying out loud ]

Priceless

In this case Ill have to say that 08>09***

May 21, 2015, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

Didn't say he was intelligent,said he was SMARTER

May 21, 2015, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

than the posters on Cocky Talk.Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit ?

not the content. .. the coherency is above average.

May 21, 2015, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: This had to C&Ped from somewhere else. ]

May not agree with the content of the post but it is legible which is an anomaly.

I don't know if your statement is accurate as well. Certainly 5 star recruits are given a but more recruitment freedom. Im guessing many 3 stars and below are given less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Basically he's saying

May 21, 2015, 10:37 AM

Dabo is a genius.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Makes too much sense to be written by a coot***

May 21, 2015, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His comments about the usuck BOT and its relationship

May 21, 2015, 11:57 AM

with the chicken AD, the hiring of coaches, politics, etc., apparently is still as true today as it was 50 years ago.....and it was an open secret in those days.

I can remember when I was in HS hearing long-time gamecock fans whining about the same issues

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots upset on lost commitments

May 21, 2015, 10:42 AM

So in other words he wishes the old ball sack was more like Dabo and crew....

May 21, 2015, 10:47 AM

He is spot on with his assessment.

This rant is like music to my ears

May 21, 2015, 11:04 AM

It makes me smile to read it.

That guy missed the fact that they are a Womens BBall school

May 21, 2015, 11:17 AM

This is affirmation that the universe is back in balance. I've been hearing them gripe about the BOT since the sad days that I lived in cooterville.

My doctor says...

May 21, 2015, 12:36 PM

Push fluids and continue the anti-Coot medication.

Sounds bad. or great depending on perspective...

May 21, 2015, 12:37 PM

I feel so bad for them. ;)

He owes an apology to the Fishing coach and Horse Back...

May 21, 2015, 12:58 PM

Riding coach. They have certainly done their part to uphold their lofty athletic tradition.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a Gamecock fan who finally sees the light....

May 21, 2015, 3:12 PM

I have read over some of your responses and you are all calling this guy intelligent. Yeah or he is beginning to get it.

Try this on for size. Remember the Tommy Bowden years? What phrase became popular when Clemson use to lose to teams they weren't suppose to? Yeah that dirty word. Clemson beat South Carolina on the regular and lose to teams like Wake Forest, North Carolina, Virginia and Duke. We would win 8 and 9 games, win bowl games, and thought we were doing okay. Then Alabama happen and everything changed. Dabo was an unknown coach that none knew had Alabama pedigree and is a study of the business of football and not just the coaching of football. The formula: recruit well, hirer well, focus on how you play and not who you play.

The Gamecock fan has become to understand they were still no better than 6-5 teams in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. They were winning more, beating Clemson, and still coming up short. They weren't recruiting well. I know they had Clowney and Shaw and that group but in essence they got talent they didn't have to coach up. Therefore, all the other players became expendable. The Kelsey Quarrels of the world were okay players but not on the same level as Clowney. Same can be said of their running backs behind Lattimore and receivers behind Jeffries.

They loss to teams they should have beaten. Tennessee comes to mind. Past two years, Tennessee came back and beat them. Heck one year they beat Georgia and still lost the opportunity to play in the SEC championship. The one time they got there, Cam Newton and company used them as fertilizer to soil the Georgia Dome. That was the year Georgia, Tennessee and Florida were all down and they still found a way to lose three times that year, eventually four after FSU took them to task in the Georgia Dome. They were the second team that year to do so....

They fired great assistants because it was more important to keep Spurrier. Ellis Johnson, Charlie Strong, all gone and replace. Kelsey Quarrels would have benefitted from much better coaching. Clowney would have benefitted from better coaching. On top of that, they coach to beat teams. That is why Thompson and Shaw were inner-changeable. Why that "great" 2014 O-Line didn't pan out, their defense went from "outstanding" to "non-existent" and the skill players weren't that skilled.

Which closes me out with recruiting. A discussion was rendered about how well Dabo Swinney recruits. It is also said that he could do the same at another school and it is this reason that Clemson became a good team. Which is ironic because a certain fan base says the "Cheerleader" didn't know what to do with it. Well, the Ole Ball Coach recruited all that talent and now has nothing to show for it. He can't even get young men to commit to his program because they saw what South Carolina has done to an All-American running back, an All-American Defensive End, and most importantly, athletes like the 2014 defense who would have blossomed with the likes of better coaching and given more opportunity when they had the likes of Clowney on defense. Now, they will watch their offense do the same in 2015.

Stated Gamecock fan gets it. The majority of their fan base sees it. Only a few don't get it...

May 21, 2015, 3:53 PM

Poor program

May 21, 2015, 4:08 PM

Hold your collective heads up , Coot Nation ...there hasn't been a decootment in almost 30 hrs.

DB23

Ah, Coot tears and misery. It's delicious.

May 21, 2015, 5:12 PM

I hope their misery continues forever. Keep de - cootin' kids....LMAO! I'd love to see them with a recruiting class with 0 someday. They will ALL turn on the OBS before it is all over.

So some shamecock fans are realizing that it was...

May 21, 2015, 6:37 PM

completely moronic to make Ray Tanner AD.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So some shamecock fans are realizing that it was...

May 21, 2015, 6:44 PM

he!! tanner is a moran for taking a paycut to become AD.

Not surprised though, that lot isn't very smart.

Re: So some shamecock fans are realizing that it was...

May 21, 2015, 7:28 PM

Cootmitment : The partially certain and certainly partial act of kind of sort of being not all the way sure of your first choice in college football scholarship offer.
Sorta.

#63%ALLIN

DB23

Poor coot misspelled stoopid 7 stoopid times. Geez.***

May 25, 2015, 10:00 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic