Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot fan co-worker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Coot fan co-worker

Dec 2, 2013, 3:35 PM

told me today that this year was Clemson's last best chance to beat them for a while, that the coots will be even better next year and beyond. I don't see how since we've recruited well over the last couple of years as far as overall class rank. Surely we will end the streak losing to the chickens in Death Valley next season!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to get our minds right.

Dec 2, 2013, 3:36 PM

signed,

the whole football team

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

He does realize they lose their entire DL right?***

Dec 2, 2013, 3:40 PM

Pretty sure they've lost a lot over the last 5 years too

Dec 2, 2013, 3:44 PM

but maybe not

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Their DL wasn't that good against us

Dec 2, 2013, 3:46 PM [ in reply to He does realize they lose their entire DL right?*** ]

We were moving just fine. Self-inflicted wounds, and the defense not stopping Shaw were the problems.

I completely agree.

Dec 2, 2013, 3:53 PM

I was just pointing out one of the reason they won't be better next year. Also if Thompson is their saving grace at QB they're screwed. Without Shaw they don't beat us Saturday, with or without our TOs

Re: He does realize they lose their entire DL right?***

Dec 2, 2013, 4:46 PM [ in reply to He does realize they lose their entire DL right?*** ]

They've also lost Melvin Ingram, Stephone Gilmore, Antonio Allen, Devonte Hollomon, DJ Swearinger, Travian Robertson & Devin Taylor ... in a span of two years.

The results have not been different.

Re: Coot fan co-worker

Dec 2, 2013, 3:45 PM

They only lose 5 senior scholarship players plus Clowney, and Quarles... They are the youngest team in the country. I think they lose a lot with a Shaw and Clowney, but they can only get better with that many young kids.

They're 7-5 next year not better.

Dec 2, 2013, 3:49 PM

They can talk youth all they want, but even this year , without show, THEY ARE A 6-6 team. Just because they're young with average players doesn't mean they get better just because they are older.

that's funny***

Dec 2, 2013, 3:51 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

But TRUE.***

Dec 2, 2013, 3:54 PM

based on what... the last 3 years?***

Dec 2, 2013, 4:01 PM

Based on the way they looked in most games this year,

Dec 2, 2013, 4:26 PM

Mizzou being the team to beat, UGA not being injured, Tennessee on the rise, Florida with a new OC that can used the talent they already have, A&M and Auburn being on their schedule and yes Clemson improving with a more mobile QB.

Re:I think something like than and we won't be much, if any

Dec 2, 2013, 4:02 PM [ in reply to They're 7-5 next year not better. ]

better. Despite the records, for both, neither is that good.

We've been saying that for years lol.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:38 PM [ in reply to They're 7-5 next year not better. ]

Said it when they lost Corey Boyd, said it again when they lost Garcia, said it when they lost Jeffery, then Lattimore, and now with Clowney/Shaw.

They're probably sad Tajh is leaving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Kind of underestimating the value of Shaw and Clowney

Dec 2, 2013, 3:47 PM

a bit, wouldn't you say? I'm sure they have other good players who return in 2014, but those 2 are/were big time headaches for opposing coaches. Has USC ever had a more impactful player than Shaw in recent memory? Beat Missouri in essentially 1 qtr of work on a bad leg no less.

Re: Oddly, I think Shaw will be the bigger loss.

Dec 2, 2013, 3:58 PM

Hard to replace his leadership. DL is fine, thin at DE but still talented. All got a good bit of experience this year.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Re: Coot co-worker

Dec 2, 2013, 3:55 PM

I would bet he is basing that on their youth and loss of relatively few players from this year's team. That ain't all there is to it though. I don't think their D can be better without Clowney nor their O better without Shaw. On the other hand we can be better or at least as good on O And D (IMHO) even with the loss of TB, Sammy and MB, VB and Shuey (assuming they all leave).

Dec 2, 2013, 3:59 PM

USC is losing their DL and QB next year...and the QB replacing him has already beaten Clemson last year. That is IT.

I really believe that if Clemson runs the ball and sticks with it next year they'll probably win. If they get cute and start throwing the ball they will lose. I just don't see Clemson committing to the run like they should.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:02 PM

One other thing...you don't know how a QB is going to perform until he steps on the field for a big game. Right now Clemson is going to have an unproven player at QB...USC is not. It seems like the backup QB at Clemson is always the best in the country...I've heard that for 10 years.

Re Cole got a good plenty of reps for a back up and did

Dec 2, 2013, 4:05 PM

pretty good but I don't think he beats out Kelly.

i see no problem with USC's quarterback.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:19 PM

Looked at their depth chart and their starting QB and backup are both sophomores…...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i see no problem with USC's quarterback.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:34 PM

Funny how all of the sudden that Clowney is leaving how he was the best player on the team. All year long on this board was how over rated and how Beasley was so much better. We have already seen what SC can do without Shaw and with Dillon T.
They also were able to redshirt almost their entire freshman class and played 19 out of 42 redshirt freshmen regularly on their team this year that redshirted last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i see no problem with USC's quarterback.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:43 PM

The fact he was over rated doesn't mean he wasn't the best player on the team.
Shaw was the most valuable player.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic