Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Continue to be disappointed in baseball.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Continue to be disappointed in baseball.

May 26, 2017, 1:05 PM

Monte has done nothing right over the past many weeks to fix all of this. Whatever he's doing isn't working bc these boys play unfocused , strike out at bad pitches then watch the good ones go by. They make errors left and right and are so inconsistent. Is it recruiting? Is it player progression. I honestly don't see much player progression this year at all. Krall has been so disappointing, green still striking out and hitting into double plays , Davidson is just terrible in my book, now Rohlman is back to his strike out ways. I can see why baseball fans are so upset . They have a right to be if they are going to the park yelling and supporting lackluster effort. The fans deserve better your right Monte. So change something

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I don't know why we even field a team for your benefit.***

May 26, 2017, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Continue to be disappointed in baseball.

May 26, 2017, 2:15 PM

Pat Krall was an All-ACC pitcher this season. It is pretty disappointing to follow up an All-America 10-2 1.67 ERA season with just being an All-Conference pitcher though, I guess if we want to split hairs.

May 26, 2017, 3:03 PM

Pat's been asked to play a different role this year and he has excelled at it. 8-3 is a good record. Pitching from the pen vs starting are two VERY different things. Completely different mindsets. I tip my cap to the young man. We are going to miss him when he is gone.

May 26, 2017, 3:48 PM

Oh yeah, I was just being sarcastic. He's been great. A little shaky his last 3 starts, but he's been a valuable and reliable arm all season for us.

May 26, 2017, 2:24 PM

Davidson will probably make the all freshman team. SMH

May 26, 2017, 2:40 PM

He strikes out a lot and his average needs work, but he's got 11 big flies and he's a legit middle of the lineup bat. You take your lumps in the field when that's the case. He is no better or worse than anyone else we'vee had out there the last 5 seasons.

Looking back over the past several seasons we have always had struggles at shortstop defensively.
2013 - Tyler Krieger .958 fielding %, 13 errors
2014 - Tyler Krieger .873 fielding %, 19 errors
2015 - Eli White .934 fielding %, 19 errors
2016 - Eli White .917 fielding %, 24 errors
2017 - Logan Davidson .914 fielding %, 20 errors

2013 - Tyler Krieger .257 AVG, 0 HR, 27 RBI, .349 OB%, 9 steals
2014 - Tyler Krieger .338 AVG, 2 HR, 32 RBI, .410 OB%, 19 steals
2015 - Eli White .297 AVG, 4 HR, 29 RBI, .380 OB%, 11 steals
2016 - Eli White .272 AVG, 4 HR, 30 RBI, .389 OB%, 24 steals
2017 - Logan Davidson .270, 11 HR, 37 RBI, .384 OB%, 10 steals

May 26, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Continue to be disappointed in baseball. ]

Why are you hating on Davidson? He hit double digit Hr's and hit over .270 yes hes made some errors but #### you can tell that kid is going to be very very good. Lighten up Francis

May 26, 2017, 3:10 PM

the last few weeks have been disappointing. However, your argument isn't fully valid. Yes, Logan Davidson has made his fair share of errors, but the kid has also hit double digit home runs and Pat Krall was moved into a whole new role this year by starting and is in the tops of the ACC in wins

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic