Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Consequences of Dabo's Comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Consequences of Dabo's Comments

Sep 14, 2016, 8:14 PM

Allow me to preface this question with the fact that I am in total agreement with Dabo's comments on this entire situation regarding Colin K. and the kneeling/flag/etc. I think he hit the nail squarely on the head.

However, we all know that not everyone sees it his way or my way or your way. Whether they or he or we are right or wrong, there's a lot of people who are fired up about his comments.

Try typing "Dabo Swinney" in the Twitter search bar and read the absolute hate and vitriol being spewed his way. I wish I had a dollar for every Tweet I read calling him a racist, which we all know couldn't be further from the truth.

So my question... A lot of these kids, many African-American we are recruiting are all about social media and very well may be reading/watching his comments. Will this impact recruiting? Just moments after this video surfaced, I thought to myself, "Well, I agree 100%, but I can see the tsunami of backlash coming..."

Please assure me that the answer is no.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Next step 3-0!***

Sep 14, 2016, 8:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. Next step 3-0!***

Sep 14, 2016, 8:20 PM

Fair enough. Go Tigers.

Re: Consequences of Dabo's Comments

Sep 14, 2016, 8:28 PM

Zero upside to his comments. Zero.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^this^^^***

Sep 14, 2016, 8:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

disagree... You recruit mama's***

Sep 14, 2016, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Consequences of Dabo's Comments ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Black Mama's will not take Dabo's side either***

Sep 14, 2016, 11:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Consequences of Dabo's Comments ]

ZERO DOWNSIDE TO HIS COMMENTS!!!!!!!!! ZERO

Sep 14, 2016, 8:29 PM

It is to the point that a man cannot express a common sense opinion. What Dabo said makes perfect sense especially for a head football coach who has a job to build a strong team.

I honestly think it is time for the silent majority of people to make a stand and become vocal.
People who agree but up till now wanted to avoid being put in the spotlight and called names Like it's the third grade.

No society can function or sustain without the ability of common sense to rule over extremism.

Dabo deserves vocal support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemmer.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 8:32 PM

It is to the point that a man cannot express a common sense opinion. What Dabo said makes perfect sense especially for a head football coach who has a job to build a strong team.

I honestly think it is time for the silent majority of people to make a stand and become vocal.
People who agree but up till now wanted to avoid being put in the spotlight and called names like it's the third grade.

No society can function or sustain without the ability of common sense to rule over extremism. And we are letting this happen by turning our back to those brave enough to tell the truth.

Dabo - and others- deserves vocal support. He has mine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemmer.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

other coaches will use it in recuiting

Sep 15, 2016, 12:05 AM

to include Muscoot. whether he is right or wrong doesn't matter

Sep 14, 2016, 8:34 PM

I think the kids we recruit will be intelligent enough to realize he was asked a question to which he responded with as much truth as he could from a football coach's perspective. I'm sure they will also realize that while they may have a different opinion Dabo is welcoming to all backgrounds and opinions. He has proven he does not discriminate. I'm sure most players and recruits know Dabo better than anyone in the media.

Sep 14, 2016, 8:36 PM

Wow. You're making a lot of assumptions, huh? Why not just deflect the question and avoid hoping people construe your comments one way versus another?

Sep 14, 2016, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Consequences of Dabo's Comments ]

People who think Coach Swinney's comments will materially impact the program in a negative way really do not understand the brand that Dabo has built here. The young men and their parents who buy into the current culture established here will find them consistent with the core values of the team.

For Example:
The team comes before the individual

Individuals should be held accountable for what they say and do if it affects the team

Sep 14, 2016, 8:48 PM

The silent (and moral) majority is and has been under a continuous assault and onslaught by the liberal left for many years now, and all of the protestations and other defenses have been tried. However, I am not sure we will fare any better now than before, and especially as we don't have (access to) the same medium(s) or platforms available to us, as most media outlets are dominated by liberal minded individuals, and we are not going to be 'heard'. And when we do speak up, we are blasted with tried and true liberal attacks ("racism", "greed/wealth", "ignorance", "religious fanaticism", to name the more common charges). Further, any defense 'we' make of Dabo is purely going to be written off as "southern ('racist') sports zealots blinded by our worship of Dabo, college football and the exploitation of young black male athletes."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

The only racist are the commenters who call CDS racist for his comments

Sep 14, 2016, 9:39 PM

they are hate spreaders and are not worthy of response. It's unfortunate but my opinion is that Dabo is probably the least racist person in sports. They questioned him almost as if they knew he would give everyone something to talk about and here we are a day later and look what we are discussing. Something useless and idiotic.

BTW: Stand up for the National Anthem you worthless, self-centered, narcissistic, ignorant pieces of trash that everyone of you are. You disrespect OUR country and expect us to look the other way. The NFL can kiss my #### ### and I hope anyone with a brain chooses not to waste another penny on tickets. Too big to fail just like the banks thought they were. I would love to see the NFL tumble, players have ruined the game with STUPID salaries that WE have to pay. Not anymore, this idiotic stance by ignorant uninformed players against OUR National Anthem will be the start of the end.

Then we can have a football league where players make a nice salary but not millions and millions. Maybe then the product on the field would be better as the NFL pretty much sucks and is in no way as fun to watch as college football. Heck, even high school football is better and lots more fun to enjoy in person than the NFL.

There is some serious hatred and intolerant ingnorance

Sep 15, 2016, 2:00 AM

Within the black community right now. Basically they are living on the word that if you are white you are not allowed to have an opinion and they are going to continue bashing white america. It's crazy the vile and hatred that is being spewed Unchecked. I have never seen so many racist comments coming from the black community, just look at any comment section on any topic right now. It's unreal that the think it's ok to say some of the stuff they are saying all the while calling white people racist. This will get worse before it gets better, maybe much worse.

Re: There is some serious hatred and intolerant ingnorance

Sep 15, 2016, 2:30 AM

Link?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only racist are the commenters who call CDS racist for his comments

Sep 15, 2016, 2:28 AM [ in reply to The only racist are the commenters who call CDS racist for his comments ]

What a bunch of BS. I agree that Dabo is not a racist, but the rest is just moronic.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 10:01 PM

Crazy thing is Dabo was trying to explain how Kapp shouldn't be a distraction to his team and now Watson and most of his African American players will probably have to answer questions the next couple of weeks about what type of man Dabo is......love Dabo but he should have just taken a knee on that question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Twitter is mostly a cesspool of self-important

Sep 14, 2016, 10:09 PM

Sep 14, 2016, 10:19 PM

I'll take my chances with Dabo defending his opinion when confronted with a hint of displeasure by any recruit or parent in private. I don't see any recruit simply writing Dabo or Clemson off as a result of this.

Sep 15, 2016, 12:06 AM

"Zero upside to his comments. Zero"

Agree with above.

It amuses me how his comment could be spun into a bad way.

Sep 15, 2016, 12:16 AM

But on the other hand, I'm not surprised when they put the headlines like "Dabo's disagreement with Kaepernick's protest".

Daba doesn't disagree with the protest. He disagrees with the way he does it.

It's that simple.

Of course, most people might just read the headlines and judge.

Re: Consequences of Dabo's Comments***

Sep 15, 2016, 12:24 AM

Sep 15, 2016, 12:36 AM

Anybody with common sense knows what Dabo meant and where he was coming from with his words.

Twitter is a bunch of anonymous people who will say anything to get a re-tweet or a little bit of attention. It's a bunch of cowards who will say anything because they know they will remain anonymous.

Until they say something and to the wrong person and get their IP address tracked

Backlash? From who..?

Sep 15, 2016, 12:41 AM

Just remember, it's never wrong to stand by the right thing. It's going to be a GOOD thing for those who would "backlash" so to speak to self-identify early on. If they've got their head screwed on that crooked, we don't need 'em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I just look at it differently than some

Sep 15, 2016, 12:41 AM

I like to win as much as anyone. I truly hate losing, more than I love winning. That said, if a kid who is down with the kneeling for our National Anthem dosn't want to come here for that reason, then I can abide just fine. Not the dudes I want on our team anyway. But that's just me.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic