Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comparing to 2014 Clemson-FSU game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,085

Comparing to 2014 Clemson-FSU game...

Jun 23, 2016, 12:43 PM

...Clemson went into the Doak and gave them everything they could handle. It was DW's coming out party (should have been at UGA).

Clemson will be much better than the 2014 team and I believe FSU will be about the same as the 2014 team. If so, we should handle them well.

Any thoughts about FSU compared to 2014?

I thought about this listening to the CST podcast discussing 2014 game.

Message was edited by: Tiger1983®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comparing to 2014 Clemson-FSU game...

Jun 23, 2016, 12:51 PM

FSU will have a much better D than they had in 2014.
I seem to remember they gave up lots of points that year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2016, 1:10 PM

...and we won't have Stoudt missing wide open Leggett for a quarter and a half like in 2014....nor Lakip missing FG after FG. ;) I still think if DW4 had been in the whole game, we'd have won in regulation.

Jun 23, 2016, 1:14 PM

Oh we should have been up 34-10 in the 4th.
That game still makes me sick.

Jun 23, 2016, 1:19 PM

Same here, especially when I hear FSU fans talking about this last year's game being close like DW4 didn't take them to OT in only 2.5 quarters the year before in their home field, like they are unbeatable at home. He almost did it in half a game's worth....while Stoudt left that field with a QBR of 20...if only they had pulled the trigger on DW4 sooner.

Just an opinion

Jun 23, 2016, 12:53 PM

but their WR's and DL are not as good as 2014. Sure they've recruited well and on paper look the same. There were some superstars among their DL and WR's in 2014.

Jun 23, 2016, 1:05 PM

This will be the toughest as well as the defining game of the 2016 regular season...because it is at FSU.

Jun 23, 2016, 1:11 PM

You would think that number four would be the difference. FSU in their place will not be easy but DW makes a huge difference in any game against any opponent. I hope that both teams are at full strength when the battle begins. We have all come to the conclusion that the Tigers are the best with Watson in the game. This time last year everyone of us was concerned about Watsons health and unsure if he would make it through the season with a knee brace. Guess he showed us all what a tough guy looks like. Now we don't even discuss who the backup might be.

I wish that kind of logic worked, but it doesn't.

Jun 23, 2016, 1:14 PM

Also, the FSU team we played that night without Winston was considerably weaker than the team they fielded in every other game that season. Their QB play was horrific in that game outside of the one huge fluke TD pass where he basically threw the ball up with his eyes closed and Mack happened to slip and fall.

Agreed, their QB play will be better but...

Jun 23, 2016, 1:58 PM

...how much better? They certainly don't have Winston.
FSU's QB play will have to be very good if they are to beat Clemson. It may be the key to the outcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I compare it to the 2013 game in reverse...

Jun 23, 2016, 2:25 PM

When FSU came into the Valley with a red-hot QB and a no-fear attitude to turn what should have been a tight game into a laugher.

There's nothing FSU can throw at us defensively that we can't handle, and once whatever gimmick they try don't work in the second half, their confidence (and depth) will wilt.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,085
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic