Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Common Opponents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 908

Common Opponents

Sep 12, 2019, 8:31 AM

Two teams we will likely be in contention with to make the playoffs are Alabama and Georgia. All three of us play UofSC and aTm. Georgia also plays Georgia Tech. Any thoughts on whether this would affect any tendency to try and score more just to have a larger margin of victory than the "other guys"?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting question

Sep 12, 2019, 8:33 AM

Glad we get the last shot at the coots, and get to see what their conference brethren do with them first. Do you know if all three games are in Cootlumbia?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting question

Sep 12, 2019, 8:37 AM

BAMA is on cootlumbia - the rest of road beating for the coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Common Opponents

Sep 12, 2019, 8:36 AM

Maybe but I doubt it overall. UGA might need to make that claim but neither Clemson nor Bama needs to prove anything. Really, Bama is fine doing their thing, we are fine... but Georgia needs, desperately needs to show they can beat a good team. Sadly, two of the three are not good teams so for them it doesn't matter. So it will not matter how much UGA runs up the score in the first three quarters of a blowout but weather or not they show up against any decent team for 4 quarters.

Sep 12, 2019, 8:43 AM

Not Dabo’s philosophy - but you knew that, right? However, us Tiger fans know the talking heads and other school’s fans will use them as talking points (and we hate having to listen to that bs), so we wish we would. I am comfortable in the knowledge that Dabo doesn’t run up the score or pad stats; he plays a LOT of our guys; and he isn’t concerned about where his team (or his recruiting class) is ranked. This philosophy has taken us from an inconsistent - albeit above average - football program to a national power and perennial CFP contender, and I am ‘ALL IN’.

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 12, 2019, 11:21 AM

Last year there was no cootquation and the only common opponent for Bama and the Tigers was A&M and everyone made a big deal about the Tigers only winning by 2 and Bama won by 22. How did that work out for the talking heads?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 9:59 AM

The loser of the SEC championship game needs those blowout victories to attempt to separate themselves from other options for a playoff spot.

If we blow out the common teams but lose to one of the other teams on our schedule, then we may have a hard argument to get in.

In my opinion if Clemson is undefeated then we are in.

Bama and UGA can't both be undefeated so they need some sort of style points or eye test type of argument.

If we were concerned with blowing out common opponents then we would have continued to work for more points against A&M.

Replies: 6
| visibility 908
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic