Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Committee handed Miss St the Orange Bowl. Unreal.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,506

Committee handed Miss St the Orange Bowl. Unreal.

Dec 7, 2014, 3:03 PM

This whole #### committee needs to be put in front of a microphone and camera to justify this crap.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Committee handed Miss St the Orange Bowl. Unreal.

Dec 7, 2014, 3:10 PM

Ihate to say it but bring back the BCS. Ohio State in the top 4 is a joke.

Re: Committee handed Miss St the Orange Bowl. Unreal.

Dec 7, 2014, 3:12 PM

Yeah, Tech is garbage. With adequate prep time for the junk offense Miss State will roll them. And before anyone asks about our loss to the garbage team we are no good with a certain player not in the game. Our issue, but a simple fact none the less. Hopefully this year's class addreses that.

What's wrong with that?

Dec 7, 2014, 3:19 PM

Crap, last year we were in the Orange Bowl after getting blown out of the solar system by FSU AT home, and getting slapped around by SC and beat by a decent margin. You think Miss State is crap?

I think JD

Dec 7, 2014, 3:21 PM

is going by the fact that Miss St has 1 loss and a bye week in the last two weeks...

And they jumped 3 spots for that.

Oh, I see. Even still . . .

Dec 7, 2014, 3:27 PM

that development lends credibility to the committee's claim to be evaluating the cumulative record anew each week. I don't agree with the idea of giving later results extra weight, anyway. But I can at least see what he means.

Re: What's wrong with that?

Dec 7, 2014, 3:24 PM [ in reply to What's wrong with that? ]

Did we go UP in the polls after each of the losses to FSU & scar, like Miss State has after losing to Ole Miss??? I don't think so...

No, but . . .

Dec 7, 2014, 3:29 PM

Maybe they got MSU's ranking wrong earlier rather than later. No matter how you slice the committee's odd shuffling from week to week, it's more than reasonable for MSU to go to the Orange based on what they've done.

Besides,

Dec 7, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: What's wrong with that? ]

MSU went down 6 spots the week after Ole Miss beat them. Then when MSU went back up today, they rose in the rankings over two teams that just lost and that weren't that far in front of them anyway - KSU and Arizona (who lost badly). . SO those are not hard to understand at all.

Michigan State is a little trickier . . . but for all the committee's oddities, they are right to re-evaluate the entire body of work anew each week, rather than just giving some type of traditional "cache" or deference to the previous week's rankings as a sort of entitled status quo. In a nutshell, if the most recent results change the bodies of work enough to tip the overall balance, then there's nothing sacrosanct about a previous week's rankings.

That said, I don't entirely know what the rationale was for Miss State surpassing Mich State. Maybe it was that Michigan State's loss to OSU looking better? Not sure I agree with that as a rationale, but the point is, it's not like Miss State got practically rewarded for losing to Ole Miss - they got dropped by six spots, then a week later benefited from KSU and AZ losing.

there was obvious manipulation going on

Dec 7, 2014, 3:30 PM

idle teams don't jump other idle teams without something fishy happening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it's that complicated . . .

Dec 7, 2014, 3:44 PM

besides, what would "manipulation" mean on a tzar of a committee that has a blank check? I think the committee was simply inconsistent with their choices from time to time. That's not good, but it may not be so much the result of something "dirty" as it is just some incoherence and inconsistency.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,506
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic