Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody know if any conditions were placed on HJ's...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Anybody know if any conditions were placed on HJ's...

May 21, 2018, 7:45 PM

...transfer? And no, I'm not making a Josh Belk joke. I assume it's common to block ACC schools or Usuck or upcoming OOC opponents (TA&M, Notre Dame, etc). Likewise, any restrictions on Cooper or Israel when they were granted transfer? Just had me wondering because so much was made of the Belk unconditional release.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Anybody know if any conditions were placed on HJ's...

May 21, 2018, 8:07 PM

Don’t know Moab, I ve seen it asked a couple times and actually thought in Dabos article that was going to be addressed.

And no, as harsh and cold as it may sound, I don’t think JB should have been granted one either. In my job, we sign agreements with our contractors that they can’t go work for or hired by competition. I’ve yet to have a contractor ever say it’s an unfair agreement. Nor have we ever had a contractor turn us down because of said agreement. It’s just good business.

Nothing in an agreement like that would have prevented JB from taking care of his family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College coaches always honor their contracts...

May 21, 2018, 8:20 PM

we should force 18 year old kids to honor theirs. even if their coach that recruited them leaves. It should be a blood oath, only releasable by death.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Wasn't arguing the pros or cons of transfers...

May 21, 2018, 8:27 PM

...though I understand your comment. Just wondering about this specific case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: College coaches always honor their contracts...

May 21, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to College coaches always honor their contracts... ]

Not saying a transfer shouldn’t be honored and a coach leaving should let a kid be more liberal with a transfer in that situation. However you start a trend of giving unconditional transfers and you really will have a mess on hands.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College coaches always honor their contracts...

May 21, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to College coaches always honor their contracts... ]

College coaches usually do honor their contracts, and when they don't, they often get sued.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks kerigantoo...

May 21, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody know if any conditions were placed on HJ's... ]

...this article actually got me wondering about our situation. He's even a grad transfer. Interestingly, HJ article is right below this one with no mention of transfer conditions.

https://247sports.com/Article/Alabama-football-denies-OL-Brandon-Kennedy-appeal-to-transfer-118413665

The problem is that it's not supposed to be a business *wink wink*

May 21, 2018, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody know if any conditions were placed on HJ's... ]

and these kids aren't professionals and aren't getting paid.

Transferring to another ACC school (if Clemson allowed),

May 21, 2018, 8:47 PM

penalizes an athlete severely. Not only do they sit out a year, they lose a year of eligibility. My daughter wanted to transfer from Wake to Clemson or VT, but it was just too burdensome.

So if HJ wanted to transfer to FSU...

May 21, 2018, 8:55 PM

...as an example, he would not only have to sit a year but lose a year of eligibility? So he would have 2 years instead of 3? Is this an ACC rule on in-conference football transfers?

Re: So if HJ wanted to transfer to FSU...

May 21, 2018, 9:24 PM

NCAA NLI states it

you have 5 yrs to play 4...clock starts at frosh yr***

May 21, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to So if HJ wanted to transfer to FSU... ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Appreciate that...but my question was if anyone...

May 21, 2018, 11:27 PM

...knows if any transfer restrictions were placed on HJ?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic