Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole vs Mason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 138
| visibility 1

Cole vs Mason

Jul 28, 2014, 11:46 AM

I really don't know much about Mason what kind of QB is he. Does he have the talent to take a team on his shoulders and win against good teams?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This might help.....

Jul 28, 2014, 12:07 PM

Hutson Mason
6'3 200
Senior
Lassiter HS
2.93 GPA
24 ACT
4.89 40 (out of HS)
Put up some big numbers but didn't get any offers but when Georgia offered he signed. 3 star recruit by most services.

2013: 67-110 60.9 % 968 yds 5 tds 3 ints. 21 carries -8 yds

For his career, 59% completion. 8 tds and 3 ints. 2 rushing tds but you won't have to worry about him running on you in their pro style O.

Hope it helps.

Re: This might help.....

Jul 28, 2014, 12:15 PM

Thanks so it looks like we will stack the box and make him beat us. It could be a rough start for Mr Mason, our D front will be all over him.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:29 PM

Ga will not have to rely on our QB to win this game unlike Clemson. Lots more pressure on Stoudt. We can win without a great performance from our QB....Clemson can't.

ROFL

Jul 28, 2014, 12:31 PM

Man, we didn't see this response coming.

Nice analysis, superdawg, as always.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

He's right, Georgia won't be relying on Mason to win.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:55 PM

They'll be relying on a miracle

or two.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

How Do you figure Clemson Cant and UGA can. I know yall can make up with the rushing game. But you really don't think the Clemson D will be that good. See I think that our D can shut the Dawgs running game down,then what you going to do?

If you have seen superdawg's analysis recently

Jul 28, 2014, 12:37 PM

you'll know that Georgia outshines Clemson at literally every position on the field and that there is literally 0% chance we could ever beat them. The logic is flawless, and the evidence unquestionable.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: If you have seen superdawg's analysis recently

Jul 28, 2014, 12:39 PM

The only real advantage UGAY has is home field

I'm getting deja vu with this guy

Jul 28, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to If you have seen superdawg's analysis recently ]

Because I remember hearing the exact same stuff last year.

Yeah, it's the same stuff.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:41 PM

I wonder if he goes over to the Vandy boards and talks trash too...

Jul 28, 2014, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

for one....our RB's and for two....our WRs. Both skill sets are question marks for Clemson.... and now Peake is out. Your defense stopped not one single offense worth a squat last season. Your secondary will be more inexperienced than ours. Mitchell, Bennett and Conley are going to roam.

Ohio State's offense wasn't squat last season?

Jul 28, 2014, 12:44 PM

Hmmm, coulda fooled me.

All I know is we did just enough stoppin' to hand y'all the L. And I am looking forward to that happening again.

Message was edited by: SpillerHighLife®

Isn't your secondary the one missing 3-4 guys?

Jul 28, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Including both starting Safeties? How exactly are we more inexperienced then you?

Because he says so***

Jul 28, 2014, 12:48 PM

Ahh so he's using Coot logic then? Got it***

Jul 28, 2014, 12:50 PM

Re: Isn't your secondary the one missing 3-4 guys?

Jul 28, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Isn't your secondary the one missing 3-4 guys? ]

Safeties Moore, Mauger, and CB Swann are all returning starters.....Moore and Mauger have 7 starts apiece.....Swann is a 3 yr starter.

Cool story. We got a guy returning named

Jul 28, 2014, 12:52 PM

Chad Morris. And this is not his first rodeo.

And we have Jenkins, Kearse, and Smith

Jul 28, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Isn't your secondary the one missing 3-4 guys? ]

Along with Blanks, Wiggins whom both have started at one point and logged a lot of minutes. Also we seem to have much better depth then you do. Didn't you have to convert some offensive plays to D to fill in our 2 deep?

Jul 28, 2014, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

So if our defense is a question mark with Grady Jarrett and Vic Beasley, two potential first round picks and Stephone Anthony and Corey Crawford, two 2nd-3rd rounders leading the way then where is your defense at? If we haven't stopped an offense worth a #### then who have you stopped? Please tell me.

How many points are you laying

Jul 28, 2014, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Sounds to me like ya'll are gonna beat us by 3 TDs. Why don't you put something on the table. We win, you leave. What do you want?

Jul 28, 2014, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

1) your RB's didn't help you win last year...and now that our D is better than we played you last year and used to him and his routes, it's really not likely you'll see that one big play again....you really should be honest with yourself. Since they played your team, they stopped and shut down the guy that ended as the NCAA's leading rusher....and though we lost to SC, they also shut down Davis...
2) Peake isn't out....he had a scope done on his knee...he'll be back to practice next week...

Jul 28, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

What if the defense shuts down Gurley? Then what happens? If Mason isn't ready in that situation you're looking at a blowout.

Jul 28, 2014, 8:30 PM

It didn't stop him last year, so what makes you think they can this year?

Jul 28, 2014, 8:41 PM

Todd Gurley's rushes in the CU game

75 yards
23 yards
22 yards
12 yards
6 yards
5 yards
4 yards
3 yards
2 yards
2 yards
1 yard
1 yard [negated by offensive penalty
-1 yard
-2 yards [negated by offensive penalty]

You probably don't want to include those offensive penalty plays but they weren't whistled dead and could have counted as runs if Clemson declined to accept the penalties. So I decided I'd throw them in there.

So you would considered a total breakdown on the 75 yard run and a gimme 23 yard run with Clemson dropping all LBs back into zone coverage in the 4th Quarter an unstoppable performance by Gurley?

Jul 28, 2014, 9:59 PM

And you do realize he was hurt right and missed half the game right? And still rushed for 154 yards,I could see your point if he wasn't injured.

Jul 28, 2014, 10:02 PM

OK, I'll call you bluff...he didn't miss half the game......go watch it again...he was back out peddling in the 1st quarter and back on the field by 9:30 left in the 2nd quarter...try again.

Jul 28, 2014, 10:07 PM

sorry, by 10:11 left in the 2nd quarter...or does another player wear #3 on the offense?

Jul 28, 2014, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Just because he was out there then doesn't mean that he didn't miss half of the game. Macon telegraph says he missed a big chunk of the game, so I'm guessing they mean half of the game! So your point is invalid!

Jul 28, 2014, 11:31 PM

He didn't...sriously, the best you have is a Georgia newspaper...watch the game....he was in it, and getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage. Guess it's too painful to watch again, huh? The game itself tells you he was in there...seriously, a Macon newspaper is your "proof" over the game itself?

Jul 29, 2014, 9:11 AM

Yes because I didn't get to see the whole game!

Jul 28, 2014, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

You do realize the play shown above, he carried the ball in that play and got 4 yards...then he carried it AGAIN in the very next play...stuffed at the line...seems your point is mute.

Jul 29, 2014, 9:50 AM

How is my point mute? He was injured on his first carry of the game! And still rushed for additional 79 yard's after he got hurt! And to the play above he still was hurt, so what your saying is that your defense stop a injured Gurley at times during the game?

Jul 29, 2014, 10:25 AM

it's Clemson lore....don't you know that they injured Gurley. It's right up there with "Herschel never scored in DV"

Jul 28, 2014, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

So is Gurley going for 300 this year?

Jul 28, 2014, 10:40 PM

No, but I do think that he will have a good game!

Jul 29, 2014, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

would someone explain the 545 total yards that defense tiger surrendered? no one "knows" if your defense is "better" you're just making an assumption. You won't know the answer to that question until the season is over. Clemson has a good defense but one could argue that it is not dominating. Just look at the stats versus ranked opponents. I'm not making this stuff up.

Jul 29, 2014, 8:56 AM

Like the ranked UGA team we beat last year? Or the ranked Ohio St team we beat in a BCS bowl?

What were the yards after the first 3 drives?

Jul 29, 2014, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Uga moved it really well, mostly with Aaron Murray's elusiveness and accuracy, for the 1st quarter, but really struggled after that.

I know 545 is a big total, but watching the game the Uga OL was lost trying to block Clemson's DL for most of the game. Some creative playcalling helped after the fake punt in the 3rd Q. They got the ball out of Murray's hands quicker.

Clemson's DL returns everybody, Uga's OL doesn't, which might be a good thing for Uga.

I'm intrigued by the hype around Uga's LB's, they looked lost trying to tackle in space last yr. Watch our game and especially the Aub game, couldn't tackle a fat woman in a phone booth.

I expect a tough, lower scoring game, but the only real mismatch talent-wise is CLemson's DL > Uga's OL. The rest is comparable.

I am worried about our fg kicking, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What were the yards after the first 3 drives?

Jul 29, 2014, 11:43 AM

How is Clemson's offense comparable to Georgia's defense? And to the Auburn comment,and you think your lb's would have done a better job? Heck Alabama didn't do a good job on Auburn's running game, heck even FSU had trouble with their running game! I do agree with you on a low scoring, hard fought game!!

Jul 28, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

I guess it will be a rough start for Stoudt also,since our d front will be all over him.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:40 PM

The Dawg D sucks it may be better than last season but not much.

Jul 28, 2014, 12:48 PM

lol..............Cu's offense that lost 95% of it's production is going to make the play-offs but UGA's defense with 10+ returning will not be improved under Pruitt. Got it!

The flaw in your logic is that you assume our offense

cannot perform even remotely as well with new starters.

That is a mistake on your part, and you will witness this very soon.

Re: The flaw in your logic is that you assume our offense

Jul 28, 2014, 12:59 PM

they might be all world by the season's end but Morris has way to much inexperience on that offense for it all to click in that 1st game....on the road. I haven't even mentioned your oline either. Everyone sans Norton will be 1st timers @ their positions with Beasley and Anthony out.

Again, you just continue to throw

Jul 28, 2014, 1:03 PM

out your own personal ramblings about how inexperienced you think we'll be or how ineffective our O-Line will be. Are you on the practice fields everyday? It's Georgia's first game too.

Re: Again, you just continue to throw

Jul 28, 2014, 1:12 PM

I didn't say you'd be ineffective I just pointed out the facts. You may argue at any point. Your oline sans Norton at center at least for our contest will have 4 1st time starters at their positions.

What facts?

Jul 28, 2014, 1:15 PM

I don't see any facts that you've provided other than some of these players have less experience than previous starters. That does not imply that they won't come out and torch your defense. And it's hilarious that in comparing the two teams (both have youth and inexperience at some positions) it's abundantly clear to you that Clemson can't win.

Re: What facts?

Jul 28, 2014, 1:26 PM

Cu has more inexperience to deal with than GA. Especially on offense. we are eerily similar on defense.

new QB, new RB, a new WR or two, 4 out of 5 Oline. That's a lot of new parts to coordinate in the season's first game......never mind that it's a road game.

Ok, we could be here all day.

Jul 28, 2014, 1:27 PM

Go Tigers.

Before that, I have a question for you

Jul 28, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, you just continue to throw ]

Why do starts count more than snaps? If a Running back plays only the first quarter, is that more valuable because he started, or is the guy who finished the final 3 quarters better because he has more experience?

Clemson

Norton: 1118 snaps, 37 knockdowns, AND 78 plays against u last yr!

Jul 28, 2014, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, you just continue to throw ]

He's no rookie. Dude has 13 starts under his belt. Including the ThUGA game last year where he recorded two pancakes. He'll play just fine. So will our oline.

Jul 28, 2014, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, you just continue to throw ]

Isaiah Battle is a first time starter? He has seen plenty of snaps at LT and even more at RT. I may be wrong, but from what I can tell your offensive line lost a left tackle, left guard, and right guard and John Theus is moving to LT correct? That's 3 new starters and a RT moving to LT. Clemson lost a left tackle and right guard with a left guard also suspended for the Georgia game. Our RT is also moving over to LT. Please tell me how one offensive line will be better off than the other? I see two teams in the exact same situation.

Despite sooperdog not answering my question...

Jul 28, 2014, 3:17 PM

I did some research here:

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Final-2013-Clemson-football-stats-14458

And it looks like Kalon Davis has started 7 games. Once at RG, the rest at LG in place of Beasley...so there's actually nothing new there.
Battle started the last 4 games at RT, but has seen time at LT where Thomas needed a breather (LSU, for example).

So we have Norton, Battle, and Davis with several starts and time at multiple positions.

Snaps:
Battle - 359
Guillermo (rotation of Center and guard) - 182
MacLain - 140
Norton - 841
Webster - 156

Those are the returners who have the most reps. I know we have Crowder coming in, the man who squatted 585 earlier in the year, so it sounds like he has the power if he can get the speed.

So I see a fair amount of experience returning, even if it isn't at an 'exact' position, Caldwell trains our guys to play at least 2 positions on the line. I remember he said this in an interview about this time last year:

http://www.tigernet.com/update/football/Robbie-Caldwell-lineman-cross-training-effort-field-11602

Clemson

What??? Don't hit superdawg with facts...

Jul 28, 2014, 3:18 PM

He said we are bad. It must be so.

Re: Despite sooperdog not answering my question...

Jul 29, 2014, 1:08 AM [ in reply to Despite sooperdog not answering my question... ]

does Battle really weight 270?

Guess we'll find out at weigh-ins. But I'd rather have

Jul 29, 2014, 1:13 AM

athletic tackles than huge guys who can't move.

Did you know Keith Marshall has only ever started TWO games while at UGA? He's practically a backup, amirite?

Clemson

Re: Guess we'll find out at weigh-ins. But I'd rather have

Jul 29, 2014, 9:24 AM

UGA is to live in your backfield. If you had a Todd Gurley who would be your # 1? Marshall would be the starter in Clemson.

Exactly my point. Who's a starter means nothing

Jul 29, 2014, 1:02 PM

Or not that much, anyway. It's snaps and experience.

For the record, I'd be happy with either back if they were at Clemson. Either would probably start atm.

Clemson

Re: Guess we'll find out at weigh-ins. But I'd rather have

Jul 29, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Guess we'll find out at weigh-ins. But I'd rather have ]

Yeah Marshall is 1b,but he had played in every game up until he got hurt in the Tennessee game last year!!

Jul 29, 2014, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Again, you just continue to throw ]

Battle has never "started" at LT.....I never said he hasn't played there.

Uga will have new starters at guard......that's two new position players. Theus, Andrews, and Houston are returning 1st teamers.

Do you realize that because of the suspensions on the oline Cu will be razor thin as far as depth is concerned in that 1st game.

We'll be razor thin on the O Line?

Jul 29, 2014, 1:23 AM

Missing two guys will hurt but its not like we're throwing fresh meat out there by any means. Actually, even minus those two we've got an O Line thats logged over 3,000 snaps. To name a few...

Ryan Norton- 1,118 snaps, 25 games, 13 starts. Played the entire ThUGA game.
Kalon Davis- 715 snaps, 36 games, 8 starts
Isaiah Battle- 512 snaps, 15 games, 4 starts. Played the entirety of last two games.
Reid Webster- 217 snaps, 29 games.
***Also a three time ACC Academic Honor Roll Member
Eric Mac Lain- 178 snaps, 26 games
Jay Guillermo- 182 snaps, 8 games
Joe Gore- 124 snaps, 12 games

Re: We'll be razor thin on the O Line?

Jul 29, 2014, 9:29 AM

lol....Outside of Norton and maybe Davis....most of those snaps were versus......WF, Coastal Carolina, The Citadel.....get my point? nevertheless if that's your oline group for the GA game Pruitt is getting pretty excited.

sigh...

Jul 29, 2014, 1:11 PM

Preface: These are 2013 stats only

Battle - SCSt (So UGA didn't even get to see him last year), NC St, Syr, FSU, UMD, UVA, GT, Citadel, SC, and OSU. The last 4 he started.

Davis - played every single game. Started 7.

Guillermo - played against SCSt, Wake, Syr, FSU, UMD, UVA, GT, Cit

MacLain - played every game

Webster - played every game

Clemson

Is Josh Harvey- Clemons out?

Jul 28, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The flaw in your logic is that you assume our offense ]

Is John Taylor out? Asking for a friend...

Re: The flaw in your logic is that you assume our offense

Jul 28, 2014, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The flaw in your logic is that you assume our offense ]

Morris has inexperience? how so...starter does not equal experience...

Peake has been there since Sammy...he actually came in ranked higher than Sammy the same year.

Humphries has been there 3 years, and was a decent part of Morris's offense...

Though Tajh was the starter, Cole has been training behind him with Morris for several years, as backup...do you actually think Morris wasn't part of working with him and wasn't having him ready to take over IF Tajh had ever been injured...I know you can't be that dense...

Leggett...played and scored touchdowns last year...

Mike Williams...played 2 years...

Seckinger....scored the winning TD against your team....

Only thing really with unproven experience is mainly in the line...and slight questions in the RB core, which does have some experience (don't forget Brooks scored against you as well in a receiving route):

Jul 28, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Yea but we too deep, hope to hear from you on the first of sep.

A returning dumpster fire is still a dumpster fire...

Jul 28, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

The only difference is the location.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A returning dumpster fire is still a dumpster fire...

Jul 28, 2014, 1:10 PM

What dumpster fire? I haven't seen or heard of any dumpster fires around Athens! So I guess someone told you a lie!!

Man, that wit is scathing.***

Jul 28, 2014, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

is that the same 10+ returning that gave up 38 to Clemson last year?

Jul 28, 2014, 10:07 PM

Yeah except for a few that didn't won't to do it the Pruitt way. But isn't your defense the same that gave up 35 to Georgia last year?

Jul 28, 2014, 10:11 PM

No we will actually have a player that makes plays at FS on the field a faster WLB and probably will upgrade the talent at both CB positions. Not that Mason will be able to do anything about that.

Jul 28, 2014, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

huh?

did you just say "yeah except for a few that did not would not to do it the Pruitt way?"

Yeah except for a few that didn't won't to do it the Pruitt way

Jul 29, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

So you prop your argument up with 10+ starters but then claim that it's with the exception of some that didn't want to do it the Pruitt way?

Hell, I bet you have a Ph.D in debate from that school down in Athens.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:00 AM

Were in my post did I say that we had 10+ starters back on defense?

Jul 29, 2014, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

We had more than 10 players who started games on defense last year. That doesn't mean everyone of them are returning......Harvey-Clemons, Matthews and Wiggins all started games at some point last season but are no longer on the team. Even w/o them we have 10+ returning that have started games. It's not as if we'll be playing freshmen and sophomores out there.....that was last season.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:24 AM

So superdawg what is your prediction I say Tigers 31-27 ?

Jul 29, 2014, 10:29 AM

I never make predictions.....as far as scores but I'll take the home team. Nevertheless I do see a close game.....just like last year.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:35 AM

I think both teams come out sloppy and the Tiger D will take over in the second half.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:55 AM

after 3 qters tackling our backfield I think it's your defense that is gassed. Uga takes over in the 4th.

Jul 29, 2014, 11:20 AM

You right we will be in the back field a lot. UGA will get around 200 yards rushing but that won't be enough. The Tiger D will hold the Dawg O under 400 yds. Y'all will move the ball some but when it counts the Tigers will get off the field.

Jul 28, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

How do you figure that? You do understand that last year's team was abunch of freshmen and sophomores with a few juniors and one senior right! The only worry is the secondary especially the safety spot because we have small numbers at the position. But don't let that get in your way of talking about that which you have no idea about!

Jul 28, 2014, 1:07 PM

I think UGA started 9-10 new players on defense last year @ Clemson. It's a shame they're not allowed to improve and get better with a whole season under their belts....especially with a new DC that owns Chad Morris.

Already crafting an excuse, huh?

When you take that L, are you going to be all "well it's too bad we didn't catch them at the end of the season?"

I like how you are already taking credit for something your DC did last season at another school.

Re: Already crafting an excuse, huh?

Jul 28, 2014, 1:16 PM

Pruitt has simplified the defense so at least we'll be in position before the ball is snapped. You don't understand how badly Grantham's scheme handicapped our D last season.

Jul 28, 2014, 1:17 PM

I think we know. Ever heard of Kevin Steele?

Oh, I do. I watched some of your games.

Jul 28, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Already crafting an excuse, huh? ]

Trust me. We've been down that road before.

*cough* Kevin Steele *cough*

Jul 28, 2014, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Already crafting an excuse, huh? ]

How is he taking credit for it? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard! All he was stating was that Pruitt shut down y'alls offense last year! But some of you think he can't come here and slow it down!

If he had the talent FSU had, perhaps

Jul 28, 2014, 1:24 PM

But he doesn't

Clemson

Exactly.

Jul 28, 2014, 1:25 PM

Thank you for your use of sound reasoning. It is refreshing.

Re: If he had the talent FSU had, perhaps

Jul 28, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to If he had the talent FSU had, perhaps ]

You still missed the point, were in my post did i say that we had the same talent as FSU? I said that some of you think that he can't come here and at least slow your offense down! I didn't say shut it down like he did at FSU.

I think a new coordinator, with it seems like an entirely

Jul 28, 2014, 2:13 PM

new scheme (since it's so much better than last year's) will not be gelled the first game, no. I don't think UGA has FSU's talent, so that to me equals about the same production it did last year.

Maybe a shade more with Home field adv, but I think our D is also better than last year.

Clemson

Re: I think a new coordinator, with it seems like an entirely

Jul 28, 2014, 9:00 PM

What new scheme,I didn't know we were going to a new scheme? Pruitt run's the same scheme as Grantham does! Pruitt just knows how to do a better job of running the scheme! So you are saying that y'alls defense can get better but yet Georgia's defense can't get better over last year? Do you and some others on here even think before yall even post? Dang now I know why the Clemson site of 24\7 says yall are ignorant!

I don't think a new Co-ord can come in and BAM!, immediate

Jul 28, 2014, 11:31 PM

production. Again...just because it was FSU's coordinator doesn't mean it's FSU's production. So...you changed coordinators, but didn't change scheme's, but there will be vast improvement? And yes, our defense can get better because we have OUR FRONT 4 ROTATION returning, a 5* CB that wasn't dismissed for us, and our leader on our LB corp.

Do you even think before you post? I didn't realize that a new guy heading a defense that's rapidly losing players to "extracurricular" activities was supposed to replicate his Natl. Champ. defense without NFL caliber

Clemson

Re: I don't think a new Co-ord can come in and BAM!, immediate

Jul 29, 2014, 12:10 AM

Where in my post did I even say anything about FSU? You dang right there should be vast improvement! Grantham couldn't even give the defense lined up before the snap! You think your defense can get better but ours can't? See this is the ignorance I'm talking about on this board! We also have our front 7 returning and a couple of starters in the secondary. Where in my post did I talk about Pruitt replicating what he did at FSU? Well you will see NFL caliber players come August 30!

Jul 29, 2014, 12:16 AM

I gotta say, some of the stupidity is coming from your end.....you seem to think that your new coordinator is going to make a immediate flip from bad to great....reality is Clemson knows it better than you do...it's not like Venables wasn't new all that long ago...and yes, we did see an improvement, but I can tell you straight up, his defense his first game wasn't no superman on crack like you seem to think yours will be. You are seriously living in a dreamland...will you see a difference, yes...will it turn you into one of the best defenses in the country automatically on the very first game of the season...very very highly unlikely...that's just delusional.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:22 AM

Were in my post did I say that our defense was gonna be great? All I said that there should be vast improvement from what Grantham done! Well let me ask you this, did Venables change schemes when he came here after Kevin Steele? Because we are still running the same scheme,that Pruitt simplified from what Grantham was running! Go read some of the articles from some of our former players saying their playbook in the NFL wasn't nearly as thick. Heck Grantham couldn't even get the team lined up before the snap. The players were confused alot the time. And your Clemson retort is just ignorant! And you talk about us being delusional about our defense being better than last year but at the same time the Clemson fan's keep being delusional about their offense really?

Jul 29, 2014, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think a new Co-ord can come in and BAM!, immediate ]

I hope those NFL caliber LBers show up. I can't wait to see Ramik "I need a break" Wilson and Amarlo "spin cycle" Herrara again this year.

Jul 29, 2014, 12:20 AM

They will show up..they'll just be wearing orange under Venables, sacking Mason...lol.

Jul 28, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Well super you can only tell someone that so many times and still get the same stupid crap splated all over your screen!

What?***

Jul 28, 2014, 1:16 PM

Re: What?***

Jul 28, 2014, 1:52 PM

What do you mean what? Every time somebody says our defense is going to be crap I've told them that your offense went up against freshmen and sophomores and a couple of juniors and one seniors last year. But your offense can be good even though y'all lost so much on offense but our defense can't get better! So that was what I was talking about when I put that about the crap all over your screen post to super!

Jul 28, 2014, 2:03 PM

So what you saying is that your D will still suck?

Jul 28, 2014, 9:02 PM

Yeah such as your offense will suck!

Jul 28, 2014, 9:15 PM

Maybe it will but not against your defense.

Jul 28, 2014, 9:47 PM

Well I can say the same thing about our offense against your defense so I guess we are at a impasse huh!

Jul 28, 2014, 9:50 PM

No we're not.

Hey, remember last year when your team waited at the bottom of the hill only to then start flopping once the game started and ultimately lose? How embarrassing.

And then when you cried on the phone after the game. That's even worse.

Clemson 82 UGA 17

Jul 28, 2014, 10:17 PM

You're a funny one!

Jul 29, 2014, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: What?*** ]

lmao....I've never seen a bunch get so excited over a 3 pt win. Remember 2003......now that's how you kick someones a$$. There will be a replay come 8-30.

Jul 29, 2014, 1:24 AM

Took you a while to get here. I guess they just don't make SEC speed like they used to.

I've never seen fans of a horrendous D be so delusional

Jul 29, 2014, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: What?*** ]

We beat you. Head up. Gave up a late TD playing prevent D. Your precious O Line let Erin get rocked as well. He's gone. And replaced with a subpar 3 star guy who is a career 59%er.

Your D is woeful. 79th, right. Needed double OT to escape a GT loss. Beat a 4 win UF team by what, 3. A UF team who lost to GA southern. Couldn't slow Vandy. Had A MONTH to prepare for Nebraska and still lost. You're D isn't "magically" getting better over the summer. The talent isn't there. Your better secondary player is gone. Meanwhile Vic Beasley, Grady, Lawson, Stephone and crew are back! Plus, our best CB is healthy.

Re: I've never seen fans of a horrendous D be so delusional

Jul 29, 2014, 9:41 AM

79th? you better check again and it may shock you.

Total defense

clem # 25 356.7

UGA # 44 375.5

Try losing your top 3 WRs and top 2 RBs, your starting QB and TE for a number of games.

Stoudt's put up some nice numbers versus 3rd string defenses.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:11 AM

79th ranked scoring defense. Because that's what counts you know. The scoreboard!

38-35

Jul 29, 2014, 10:47 AM [ in reply to I've never seen fans of a horrendous D be so delusional ]

Yeah but isn't prevent defense part of the game? Everyone uses that excuse any time it benefits their agenda! And yall can't even beat GT have the time so that part of your post is mute!! You do realize Florida had more players lost to injury than we did right? And we didn't even have half of our offensive play makers back from injury, so there is another mute point in your post!! Yeah the defense was woeful from a secondary pov, but the defensive front 7 played dang good!! And neither is your offense getting magically better over the summer either!! Meanwhile Gurley, Marshall,Bennett and crew are back! Plus we get our best receiver back after missing the whole season!!

Jul 29, 2014, 10:50 AM

Part of the game for the team that is winning. Listen you have a pretty decent team. We are just better. Best of luck beating the coots.

Jul 29, 2014, 12:24 PM

Same back at cha!!

Jul 29, 2014, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: What?*** ]

LOL, I've never seen someone so butthurt over a 3 pt loss.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:32 AM

or someone so giddy over a 3pt win.......at home.

Jul 29, 2014, 10:40 AM

Or someone talk so much crap to a BCS Bowl winner coming off a L to Nebraska.

Jul 29, 2014, 11:00 AM

well congrats 1 BCS bowl win in fifteen seasons.....at least you can hold that over the GC's heads.

Jul 29, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: What?*** ]

Well I guess if all you got is a loss and a buncha empty talk identical to last year, I can understand how the value of a WIN would be lost on you.

Don't worry. Keep rationalizing as hard as you can. I'm sure that will work out for you just as well as it did last year.

Jul 28, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: What?*** ]

Yeah I guess we will win again. Oh well. Good talk.

Jul 28, 2014, 10:14 PM

Well that's your opinion just like it's my opinion that we win!

Sorry, you lost me

Jul 28, 2014, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: What?*** ]

when you went into spewing something all over your computer screen.

I think our defense will be better than you think, and I think we're going to beat you. Again.

Happy trails.

Jul 28, 2014, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Jeremy Pruitt coaches against Clemson one time but he "owns" us?

Kinda like they were all over Vandy last year?

Jul 28, 2014, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

Riiiiiiight.

31-27. Vandy had over 330+ yards... LOL

Jul 28, 2014, 12:49 PM

Let Florida run 70 plays. Needed double OT to beat GT.

SMH

Florida ran 70 plays?!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I forgot Florida even had an offense last year!

Re: Florida ran 70 plays?!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jul 28, 2014, 12:52 PM

Now that's bad real BAD

bassackwards leghumper - bless your ignorant little heart***

Jul 28, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: This might help..... ]

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: bassackwards leghumper - bless your ignorant little heart***

Jul 28, 2014, 9:39 PM

Really? We're the ones bassackward's uh! Your Clemson brethren are the one's that keeps saying our defense is gonna suck just like last year, but your offense is just gonna keep on trucking even though they lost 80% to 85% of their offensive output. And on top of that some of you think that Louisville is going to be good with the same DC that coached the so called sucky defense of Georgia. And we are the ignorant ones HaHa!!

Hey backwoods poacher....

Jul 28, 2014, 10:18 PM

I heard we couldn't run last year prior to the game....but we did. And we will be fine in that department this year.

Our WRs returning over 230 catches and 20 receiving TDs. I heard losing Nuk would kill us but that didn't happen. It won't this season without SammyTron.

OL- Over 3,000 snaps and 151 game appearances. This doesn't include Beasley and Anthony. Plus Battle started in the Orange Bowl and played every snap. Thats great game experience. Not to mention Norton started against the mutts last year and also played every down.

They're touting their D but they lost to Vanderbilt last year. And Florida ran 70 plays on them. Plus JHC is gone. And their depth took a hit when Taylor was asked to leave. And there's sure to be more exits or arrest.

Plus you've got a 59%, 3 star QB at your helm. Good luck. You only had two guys over 500 yards receiving last year. You better hope girlie stays healthy. Cause you aren't gonna be passing. And we're loading that box.

Re: Hey backwoods poacher....

Jul 28, 2014, 11:43 PM

You say we're touting our defense,what's the difference when yall are doing the same thing with your offense? And as far as the Vanderbilt game you do realize we lost both of our top 2 running backs half of our starting wide receivers so we were having to depend on freshmen and walkons at both positions to play until Gurley and Bennett came back. I'm not saying the defense didn't suck last year but what everyone here isn't getting is that the front 7 played outstanding ball but our secondary sucked monkey balls. The Georgia fans call Grantham 3 and Grantham because he couldn't call a play to get the defense off the field on third down! And I don't know where you got that 70 plays against Florida at, I just checked college football warehouse and they didn't have anything on game by game stats. But with Grantham running the defense in that game I don't doubt it one bit!And what has Stoudt done? You do realize that we lost our no.1 receiver on the very first play in the game against yall? Neither will Stoudt be throwing!

Jul 29, 2014, 12:00 AM

A) I'm defending our O because all I hear is what we lost. I'm not posting the same stats again but it was what... 230+ receptions, 20 + TDs, over 3,000 snaps by the oline... yea, we're not forcing freshmen out there.

B) Your D isn't good. JHC is gone. So is Taylor. Others will follow. Our D is good. Only improving.

C) Florida ran 70 plays on you. Don't bother checking, I already did. If you can't find it, thats on you. If needed, I'll give a link. Sorry you're new to this internet finding stuff....

D) No one should lose to Vanderbilt. Especially when you talk like your team is Godly. And then patter excuses. If you don't have depth, thats on you. Besides, all I hear is SEC, SEC... thought you were mighty georgia of the sec?

E) I'm not worried about Stoudt. Over 20 game appearances. Hes been in Chads system long enough to run it. Now its his turn. You're stuck with Mason. Sorry we took DW from you.... You harp on one WR going down. We lost one to.

Jul 29, 2014, 11:25 AM

So what you are saying is our defense can't get better,but your offense can come out in the very first game and be lights out in another opponents stadium with a new quarterback,new runningback and with a few suspensions on the oline? How do you know if our defense won't be good? JHC could of been good this year but he chose the weed over playing for Georgia! And Taylor wasn't even in the running for a starting position or second string!! And y'all keep says that your defense is getting better but in the same breath you say ours is gonna stay the same as last year really??? And to your ignorant comment about being new to the internet is laughable!! When have I ever said sec,sec,sec-thats what immature teenagers say! We have depth but it was freshmen and a few sophomores in their third game against a pretty good Vanderbilt team that finished with a 9-4 record!! Well we say the samething about Mason he's been in Bobo's offense for 5 years now and sorry your stuck with Stoudt! And we weren't even recruiting DW he doesn't even fit our scheme! Yeah but he wasn't your no.1 receiver either and we lost him on the first play from scrimmage!

Re: Cole vs Mason

Jul 28, 2014, 12:57 PM

Quick breakdown on Mason:

Arm strength: 5 out of 10. Certainly less than Aaron Murray, who I would have put at 8/10 with a guy like Stafford at 10/10. He won't have the same zip that Murray had on the deep outs, and does tend to float some passes that may have needed a little more oomph to them. That being said he still does have enough arm to keep opposing defenses respecting the deep routes, just not as dangerous as UGA's previous QB.

Accuracy: 8/10. Usually throws a very catch-able ball by putting it in a good spot for the WR. Can at times let his footwork get a little sloppy leading to a less than stellar ball. Footwork has been a main focus this offseason.

Arm mechanics: 8/10. Has a short, quick, compact delivery. Release point is good. Gets a little sloppy when throwing off his back foot. Needs to step into throws at all times to get the proper velocity.

Running ability: 4/10. Can move around in the pocket well enough and can scramble effectively. Not a threat to run on a consistent basis, but can surprise a defense by keeping on a read if they overplay the RB. Won't break off a long one nor run over a defender.

Leadership/Poise: 8/10. Has been said that he is a more take charge type of leader than Murray was. Showed poise in a comeback OT victory against GT and lead the team twice to the red zone for a comeback against Neb only to be thwarted by dropped passes. The jury is still out, but the early returns are promising.

System Knowledge: 10/10. Fifth year in the same system. Knows exactly what each play/check is intended for.

They are similar on one way.

Jul 28, 2014, 1:31 PM

Neither has been photographed wearing a murse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be so sure...***

Jul 28, 2014, 1:33 PM

Replies: 138
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic