Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coffee......warning, this is a crummy commercial.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 313

Coffee......warning, this is a crummy commercial.

May 6, 2020, 8:31 AM

A) thanks for all the coffeemaker suggestions. I think soccer made the rec that I ultimately went with...sweet French press from amazon for $25 or so....love it so far.

B) there are a lot of cool and unique things within convenient driving distance of me, but a good coffee roaster is not one of them. Tried these guys out last week ($5 shipped...a no-brainer) and it’s really solid coffee. Ships same day the roast it, and free shipping. Just throwing out a rec for anyone in the same coffee desert I’m in.

https://bixbycoffee.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, what do you have against Maxwell House?***

May 6, 2020, 8:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Fresh Market had opened up down the street

May 6, 2020, 8:36 AM

I'd go with a press. But, as it stands, I'm fine with my Keurig.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m telling you if you’re going to that much trouble

May 6, 2020, 8:36 AM

Take the next step and roast your own.

Green beans are really cheap and you can play around with your own blends and roasts.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Home-Coffee-Roasting--C199.aspx

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I’ve gone to that level of nerdiness with many pursuits,

May 6, 2020, 8:40 AM

And it almost always ruins them for me. That just seems like work....I’m right up against my effort/reward line just cleaning the plunger screens every day on this press. I get it though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just rinse it off for a week, then take it apart and throw

May 6, 2020, 12:09 PM

it in the dishwasher, less hassle on it.

Also make sure you're grinding your beans on a coarse setting so less gets trapped in the filter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I’m telling you if you’re going to that much trouble

May 6, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to I’m telling you if you’re going to that much trouble ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jittery Joes in Athens, GA has been good to me

May 6, 2020, 8:40 AM

You can get on a subscription, I think.

I only bought them for the Panic and DBT tins though, but the coffee was good.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The owner (one of them) is more of a journeyman

May 6, 2020, 8:49 AM

He used to be an actor (He was in Gods and Generals)

He used to be a singer (Hes actually good at this and put out some great covers/videos)

Now hes a coffee guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cPuaqGZGro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-ch_yJaF0

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Jack of all trades, master of none.

May 6, 2020, 8:55 AM

I like the guy already.

You see jack of all trades

May 6, 2020, 9:03 AM

I see a lacking pallet market unexplored.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I swear by a Chemex.

May 6, 2020, 10:01 AM

Love mine.

I usta buy coffee from happymug.com. Great stuff and reasonably priced. I've gotten away from it recently and just stockpile on Counterculture when it goes on clearance in Lexington, or whatever other Lowes food house brands seem good.

Chemex is the shizz though.

It's about to be cold-brew season, though. You need to get on this train.

108 grams of coffee, 32 oz mason jar. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours and strain. Makes a concentrate that you'll cut 1:1 with water. So smooth. Add heavy cream or whatever. Really brings out a bunch of nuanced flavors in the coffee. So good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

It's expensive but I love my...

May 6, 2020, 11:34 AM

Technivorm Moccamaster. Weird name, but brews the perfect cup of coffee.

My local Whole Foods has a great coffee selection from Allegro, some good options.

During this lock-down I've ordered from Raven's Brew on Amazon. Great stuff, the Three Peckered Goat is the best.

Good luck

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 313
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic