Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney ran unofficial 4.47
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Clowney ran unofficial 4.47

Feb 24, 2014, 9:36 AM

Thank God this freak is done with the coots. They won't ever have anyone like him again. There's a reason they have won 5 in a row. It's because of athletes like Clowney. Thankfully they don't have anyone like this on the roster now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Which begs the question...why only 3 sacks bro?***

Feb 24, 2014, 9:42 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Because he didn't play against Boyd

Feb 24, 2014, 10:11 AM

every single game...just one at the end of each season.

Re: Because he didn't play against Boyd

Feb 24, 2014, 10:12 AM

He got dominated last year against Brandon Thomas. Don't act like he was the player of the game in 2013 like he was in 2012.

Your glory days are over ####.***

Feb 24, 2014, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Because he didn't play against Boyd ]

Re: Your glory days are over ####.***

Feb 24, 2014, 10:39 AM

And how many offensive playmakers did the Tigers lose this year? So Dabo can simply reload, but Spurrier can't, right? Let's be fair and realistic about this, O.K.? Honestly, SC has about as good a chance of winning the SEC as the Tigers do of winning the ACC this year. IMO, the odds are against both of them.

We're gonna beat the coots.***

Feb 24, 2014, 10:42 AM

Tell 'em capon

Feb 24, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Your glory days are over ####.*** ]

one level below coot

Re: Your glory days are over ####.***

Feb 24, 2014, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Your glory days are over ####.*** ]

Fair enough. I don't think either teams can just reload and not skip a beat, we aren't Alabama. It just comes down to who can "hold on" long enough until guys step into their roles and step up. If we come out of the gates offense struggling but defense playing well, we should be ok. If both sides sputter we could be 1-3 in the blink of an eye. The same can be said for South Carolina. Your offense should be fine. You lost some playmakers but Mike Davis is enough to keep an offense moving against just about any defense. If your defense comes out flat it could get ugly too. Both Clemson and USC have tough games in the first 6 weeks or so of the season.

So are you officially outed as a SCar fan? Because this post

Feb 24, 2014, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Your glory days are over ####.*** ]

is your official outing if not...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Seems pretty objective about both teams to me.***

Feb 24, 2014, 7:17 PM

Re: Clowney ran unofficial 4.47

Feb 24, 2014, 9:43 AM

4.48 in his second run. Very impressive.

I'm glad we won't have to deal with him again either...they'll still have a lot of talent, but nobody with the top-end like him.

Very impressed with Brandon Thomas's game against him

Feb 24, 2014, 9:45 AM

even more.

Re: Very impressed with Brandon Thomas's game against him

Feb 24, 2014, 9:49 AM

Yea we're really gonna miss Thomas next year. The guy really put together a great season. We had a lot of o-line problems this year and unfortunately he flew heavily under the radar because of that...but he wasn't part of the problem.

Re: Re: Clowney ran unofficial 4.47

Feb 24, 2014, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney ran unofficial 4.47 ]

Dude may be the most talented DE ever. If he can put it all together in the nfl he is gonna be one for the ages.

Re: Re: Clowney ran unofficial 4.47

Feb 24, 2014, 9:50 AM

Yea it's not his physical ability that comes into question, it's his motor and willingness to put in the time to be great. I obviously didn't want him to do well at South Carolina, but now that he's out I wish him the best and hope he can realize his full potential.

No way to spin that negatively...beast mode.***

Feb 24, 2014, 9:45 AM

He'd played for Tigers IF his MaMa had anything 2 do with it

Feb 24, 2014, 9:55 AM

but he was way gone to Coots/Friends by the time DabO got her/him on campus. Besides, I don't think he'd gotten on well with our Boys or Coaching Staff when all was said & done.

He's a pretty good young man overall I think..and will do very well in the Pros if he keeps his head and doesn't go through all the money & let the hype get to him.

Should be fun watching him play in the Pros. PS: his 4 1/2 sacks vs CU in 2012 really put him & his stats on the awareness board..and then the hit vs Michigan did it..and no way was he going to duplicate all that flash in 2013.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said..

Feb 24, 2014, 10:16 AM

Clowney is a physical beast, special talent with unmatched god given talent. BUT all this means is he'll be the fastest lineman every 3rd play. Results take effort no matter what your talent level is. See Albert Haynesworth.

Re: Like I said..

Feb 24, 2014, 10:29 AM

Yea he's got the ability to the next LT or the next Haynesworth. I feel like there's no middle potential here. He's going to either be fanastic, or a fantastic failure.

Re: Clowney ran unofficial 4.47

Feb 24, 2014, 10:43 AM

I got skewered last September for saying that he was sub 4.6

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That 4.47 will be adjusted to an electronic time of 4.58.

Feb 24, 2014, 11:57 AM

Still freakish fast.

Streak should have ended with 4...Clowney gets no credit

Feb 24, 2014, 1:34 PM

from me in his performance against us...

so what did his official end up being ? just curious ...

Feb 24, 2014, 6:14 PM

we all know the dude is fast , no matter what a clock says...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately

Feb 24, 2014, 7:01 PM

our HC has more to do with that streak than anyone on their campus.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic