Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone gotten the new Seat Equity Plan rate letter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,566

Has anyone gotten the new Seat Equity Plan rate letter

Oct 20, 2016, 9:20 AM

The way I read that, I'm going to have to donate $800 more a year for my four seats? So a $1,600 donation is going up to a $2,400 donation? Wow. That's a 50% hike. How many in here have gotten a 50% raise in salary since 2008?

One thing that's good is this will be the best year to request a better parking spot/seats with your points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Oct 20, 2016, 9:22 AM

Beats waiting for a bad season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Close to a 300% increase for me -- $120/seat to $350/seat.

Oct 20, 2016, 9:39 AM

I was already giving more than enough to cover the new rate due to parking but this seems extreme to me. A pure cash grab. I could understand going from $120 to $150 or even $180 per seat.

I understand that it takes money and I don't mind paying a little more to make sure we have a championship program. But ever since the debt monger arrived on campus they have been nickle, diming and dollaring the fans. They better watch out or they will price out the average fan and that home field advantage they have enjoyed will disappear along with the packed stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Close to a 300% increase for me -- $120/seat to $350/seat.

Aug 20, 2014, 10:52 AM

The seats have been undervalued for years. It isn't a "cash grab". I think the should run an auction every year for every seat in the stadium to find the true value.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only did some people get 300% increases,

Oct 20, 2016, 9:45 AM

myself included, they also made the more expensive sections larger and the cheaper sections smaller.

There is no way they didn't more than double their revenue from seat equity.

The seats have been undervalued, but to hit all at once that hard is insane.

If you had a gas station that was giving a gallon for $1.50 for a month and the next month it was $4.50, no one would say "but we've been getting a great deal so this is cool!"

Re: Not only did some people get 300% increases,

Oct 20, 2016, 9:56 AM

well as long as they sell out season tickets and sell out the stadium, prices will continue to go up. Pricing some of us loyal fans who are on fixed incomes out of the market.

Here's my problem with it:

Oct 20, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Close to a 300% increase for me -- $120/seat to $350/seat. ]

I've been paying at the $2800/yr level but because of demand have been sitting in the $1400/year level. They haven't offered to refund me that extra $1400/year. I've been OK with it up to this point but you're saying they're going to charge me that much more to still sit at a lower donation level? They should take all of the extra that I've paid since they re-seated and put it towards future years, but we know that won't happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. No... iptay is just trying to service its costumers

Oct 20, 2016, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Close to a 300% increase for me -- $120/seat to $350/seat. ]

Same with parking.

They will never empty the stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Has anyone gotten the new Seat Equity Plan rate letter

Oct 20, 2016, 10:03 AM

Am I the only one thinks iptay should run by seniority? My poor dads been a part of iptay for 40+ years now (he hasn't even missed a home game since the 70s) he's sat through it ALL good AND bad.. I just think that should make a difference somewhere in all this mess.

seats are still based on points (seniority)

Oct 20, 2016, 10:06 AM

They are just based on donation first, then points.

Re: seats are still based on points (seniority)

Oct 20, 2016, 10:18 AM

I honestly don't know that much about it. (I just checked out the points system) It just makes me sick to see my dad have to pay that much for the same tickets he's had for years. This might be a dumb question, but can you tell me why they keep moving our parking lot when he donates the same if not a little more every year?

Well they just recently this year closed a lot of lots

Oct 20, 2016, 10:30 AM

due to construction. So people had to move.

Last year they had weather damage, but other than that you should not have been moved really if you met the same level of donation.

Had to move people because free parking had gone bye bye

Oct 20, 2016, 11:00 AM

Now everyone is buying parking passes.

I guy donatiing 3000 shouldn't be in lot 24 when a guy donating 1000 is in lot 19.

There had to be a shift.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes..simple

Oct 20, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: seats are still based on points (seniority) ]

Your dad has been giving $100 for 40 years.
That is a total of $4000. Bam 40 points.

40 years giving..bam another 40.

Your dad has 80 points.

Now, he picks which seat he wants and then figures out how much he needs to donate to get them.
He does and then puts in a request.

Just so hapens some 1 died and 2 seats became availabe.

Now iptay decides who gets those seats based on points. Your dad has 80.

Some guy, new to iptay donates $8000. Bam he instantly has 80 points also.

Now iptay chooses your dad because of senority.

If that new guy donated $8100 HE WOULD GET those seats.

That is only for people requesting new seats.

If your dad wants to keep his seats he just has to donate enough to keep them. He will not be bumped, even for the guy who just donated 20grand. So, his senority is being honored.

Re: Yes..simple

Oct 20, 2016, 11:33 AM

Close, but just to clarify a couple things:

1) You get 1 point for every $250 you've donated over your lifetime, not 1 point for every $100.

2) You get points based on what level you donate at that year. So if "your dad" donates $4000, he'll have 20 points for this season (IPTAY Level), and the guy who donated $8000 will have 50 points for this season (Fike Level).
(These "donation level" points only count toward this season, and will be added to your total number of years donating, and total amount donated divided by $250)
https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/4376310.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28500&

3) The guy who donated this year as his first year, would still get 1 point for this being his first year as a donor.

Oct 20, 2016, 10:08 AM

I received my letter in the mail yesterday. I have to say I am very disappointed Clemson has chosen to raise the amount donated at a rate I find irresponsible. This is an increase that many life long season ticket holders will not be able to afford and will have to choose to let go of their tickets. I have been a season ticket holder since 1996. I was one of the fools who donated all through the Tommy West years. I bought the tickets to the Sister of the Poor games that I could not give away. The Tigers will not always be great as we saw from 1991-2011. And all the fat cats who have thrown a bunch of money for the prime spots will be gone if the winning ends. But all the new fancy buildings will still have the long term mortgages. It would be a shame if the fools like me who paid for their tickets in the Tommy West years were not around because the administration got greedy in the winning years.

Just ask the braves who got rid of the 20 game packages in the 90s. None of those fans are around this year to support the mess they rolled out these past seasons.

Oct 20, 2016, 10:37 AM

I got my letter. I have been an IPTAY member and season ticket holder for 40 years. I am not a big donor and not a rich guy.

I think seat equity plan was and remains an excellent way to help fund Clemson athletics. Like many long term season ticket holders my giving level has exceeded the minimum requirements. That fact suggests to me the minimum requirements were and remain underpriced. I think seat equity was set low to begin with and we are all enjoying a slow ramp up to real market pricing on Clemson Football tickets. So I am good with the increases and expect future increases of similar size to continue.

If our present level of success continues we will need more seats added to the stadium or a new process to allow and encourage younger fans to have access to tickets. Some sort of lottery for individual game tickets or one season only ticket packages seems likely to be necessary to accomodate people who want to attend games like they did as students.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me.. $800 , 2 SEATS top deck north***

Oct 20, 2016, 10:14 AM

And this is why it's silly when people complain about

Oct 20, 2016, 10:40 AM

Clemson tickets selling on the secondary market for more than "face value."

Personally I don't think 1600 for 2 tickets lower bowl 50 yd

Oct 20, 2016, 10:41 AM

line is too much to ask for the type of atmosphere Clemson is.

If you can't afford that, thats understandable, sit on the 30 yard line for half price. Hell I sit lower bowl basically the end zone in UL and I think the view is amazing. Almost everywhere.

Where I ask for tickets every year is top deck first row 50 yard line, I've been trying to get those seats for years and don't stand a chance. Those are only 1200 for two tickets.

Unfortunately winning takes money.

Re: Personally I don't think 1600 for 2 tickets lower bowl 50 yd

Oct 20, 2016, 11:38 AM

That sounds good in theory, but I'm in Section M, odd numbers ($600/ticket). I would gladly move 4 seats to my left and be in Section M, even numbers ($350/ticket). The view is almost identical, but in order to do that, I would likely have to donate $6000 or more to have enough priority for my request to move to a different location in the lower level to be granted.

Oct 20, 2016, 10:42 AM

Actually, what I think is you have to pay that much more PER SEAT. I don't think the Iptay donation levels have gone up to get into an area, but I think you have to pay that much extra per seat. We sit in the covered part of WEZ so I pay an extra $700 per seat per year for our tickets plus face value plus what I have to donate to Iptay to sit there. I think those 50 yard line seats are an extra $800 per seat so if you have 4 of them, you pay $3200 more per year for those tickets.

But what do I know. Maybe I read it wrong. I was a little shocked that this was so high.

The donation levels are meaningless now. You donate

Oct 20, 2016, 10:57 AM

What you want to get your seat or seats and they just send you an appropriate colored sticker.

Maybe they still mean something in baseball.

My Dead Great Grandparents

Oct 20, 2016, 10:44 AM

got theirs this week. :)

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

there's a ton of that going on between the 40's.

Oct 20, 2016, 11:08 AM

some even brag about how they keep paying dead grandfathers dues to keep "their" seats in the family. maybe this will raise the price high enough that they'll let some go.

also, a lot of people that have way more tickets than their priority. this may also shed some seats back into the pool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You can bet that IPTAY made sure EVERYONE got one of those***

Oct 20, 2016, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,566
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic