Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson_FSU rematch possible?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Clemson_FSU rematch possible?

Nov 5, 2012, 9:21 AM

I don't think a rematch is possible with tie-in's etc for all the conferences, but is there a scenario that COULD allow us to get an at large BCS bid and have a chance at a rematch with FSU? At the game Sat night a Duke booster sitting beside me who had been to the FSU game last week said that he just could not see how we lost to them with all of our talent (obv we were missing Sammy at his best and it cost us dearly). I know that rematches are not preferred but if we both go 11-1 regular season (which would mean FSU wins ACCCG and would be 12-1) wouldn't it be almost exactly like Bama LSU last year? Add to it that when we played there were a gazillion points scored and it was a slugfest until mid 4th qtr... add in #2 and this would be a HUGE TV draw, but is it even possible?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Nov 5, 2012, 9:24 AM

The Bama/LSU rematch was for the National Championship, which has a lot more meaning than an Orange Bowl victory. They played again because they were SUPPOSEDLY the best 2 teams in the country.

The Orange Bowl would select someone else, as long as they have the option to. The only thing stopping them from having the option would be if there are so many SEC teams in the top 14 that we're the only school left for them to choose (they have last pick in at-large bids this year).

Re: No

Nov 5, 2012, 10:46 AM

Orange bowl gets last at-large pick every year

Re: No

Nov 5, 2012, 10:46 AM

(seemingly.. im sure it doesnt actually work that way but it seems to)

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic