Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson isn't battle tested?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,369

Clemson isn't battle tested?

Dec 10, 2019, 11:29 AM

Sure we are. We played every game we won. Even those two "cherry picked" SEC teams during the regular season. Not battled tested my ####. More like all the battle training in the world didn't prepare our opponents for the blitzkrieg that is now Clemson.

And when it is all said and done for this year, we will still be able to say, "We didn't play anybody - not even the cherry picked SEC the committee lined us up against for the title."

BTW, did I mention that I believe CLEMSON wins another national title this year? :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

We’re battle tested in practice everyday

Dec 10, 2019, 11:30 AM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're not. We haven't played any teams nearly as good as

Dec 10, 2019, 1:31 PM

Ohio State and LSU.

That being said, the atomic bomb also wasn't battle tested either. Worked just as expected in battle though. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're not. We haven't played any teams nearly as good as

Dec 10, 2019, 1:57 PM

Ergo, we haven't used but about half our playbook. This gonna be good!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had to LOL at ESPNU radio the other day

Dec 10, 2019, 1:39 PM

They were saying that there was so much parity in the PAC that they couldn't get out of their own way. The fact that 8th place Arizona State beat 1st place Oregon was an indication of top to bottom league strength. They said that wouldn't happen in any other conference. But haven't they been bashing the ACC all year as terrible, and wasn't UNC about 8th in the conference when they gave us the "close call" we have all heard so much about? And doesn't the ACC have the most bowl eligible teams? And didn't 8th place SCAR beat superstar Georgia AT GEORGIA?

Why is the fact that we beat up on the ACC teams and they seem to have parity outside of us an indication that the other 13 are so terrible, and not an indication of just how good Clemson is?

Always the Argument

Dec 10, 2019, 1:44 PM

This is what they say all the time. And is basically the same tone and language they used "early" in the season after the UNC game to try and talk Clemson out of the playoffs. Committee members watch tv and hear the non-sense and got influenced by it. We have played the same teams and have beaten LSU(Atlanta Chic Fil-a-bowl), Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, etc. The very best of the best teams! Yet - they still come with this dumb A argument!

In 2017 the noise came back in full force - but that was more about our inability to challenge Bama vertically! It wasn't because we weren't good enough or "had not seen a defense/offense like this in the ACC"! It was about us; not them!

Oh well! Spot the ball and let the chips fall where they may. One thing about it - Clemson isn't scared!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have been playing with a target on our back for years

Dec 10, 2019, 2:01 PM

I love seeing other teams reach for the top and stumble. It’s really hard to win all your games in any league. We get several teams best coaching/effort every year. We have also elevated our level of play in the CFP every year.

Re: we have been playing with a target on our back for years

Dec 10, 2019, 2:36 PM

Great Point!

You get everybody's A game! The stars align and everybody on the opposing team is singing together and playing their best ball. They want to knock you off and well - it sometimes happens! The fact the Tigers have won 28 straight by itself is astounding given how people gear up for you!
One lapse in concentration and effort and a team you should roll - "sneaks up on you"!

I don't buy the ACC is weak logic a bit either as the ACC supplies the NFL with the 2nd most players by conference. Meaning - there are good players in this conference who are capable of making enough plays to make you have a bad day. Why the teams don't perform week to week I don't know; but the talent is there. And Clemson has handled that talent when it is motivated and playing it's A game for years as you stated T. Dominance!

Loosely translated: we get far more challenged than is thought by pundits! We get far more prepared as a result and are able to go out and perform with or better than those teams who have a tougher perceived schedule.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is gonna lose because they have not been battle

Dec 10, 2019, 2:07 PM

tested, but last year Clemson won because Bama was slap wore out from the SEC battles......YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We practice against the best defense in the country everyday***

Dec 10, 2019, 2:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson isn't battle tested?

Dec 10, 2019, 3:55 PM

In my mind there are 32 teams in this country better than our Tigers. Unfortunately for the teams in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and PAC 12, they're all in the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,369
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic