Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson has already beaten the best team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,242

Clemson has already beaten the best team.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:45 PM

Has Clemson already played and defeated the best team in college football?

If you look at it from a scoring offense and scoring defense perspective then the answer is yes.
Ohio State was the #3 best scoring offense and #4 best scoring defense in the country.

If you look at it from quarterback play, I'd say no. That's only one position, but Joe Burrow is by far the best QB that Clemson will play this year.

If you look at it from running backs...JK Dobbins was by far the best running back that Clemson will face this year. JK Dobbins finished the year with 2,003 yards rushing and 21 TDs. Travis Etienne has 1536 yards with 18 TDs.

LSU - Clyde Edwards-Helaire 1305 yards with 16 TDs.

If you go back to scoring defense, LSU is holding teams to 21.6 points per game. Is there a team similar that Clemson has faced? Texas A&M held teams to 22.5 points per game. Just under 1 point difference in the defenses who play in the same conference.

Clemson was able to beat Texas A&M by a score of 24-10 earlier in the season.

These are just a few of the things I have looked at so far but I think it's clear to say that Clemson has already weathered the storm with regards to a running back threat. They have shown that they can handle a similar defense. The biggest question is Joe Burrow. What can Brent Venables dial-up?

Let's say the biggest game of this season could also be the best game of his coaching career! Go Tigers!

Live Caller Houston Burnett talks about the upcoming Clemson Tiger vs LSU Tiger game in the College Football National Championship. He thinks Clemson has already played and defeated the best in the Ohio State Buckeyes.
https://youtu.be/zKXfiwl3jVE

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is the best team in the country again this year.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:53 PM

If had beaten Clemson instead of Clemson beating us in the first quarter against OSU the score would have been 44-17 like I predicted. Who knew Clemson players would come out flat in a game that big.

The best QB our defense has or will face this year is Trevor in good vs good. So Joe probably doesn't frighten em' a bit. The best RB...same thing.

The best defense our offense has played...same ole same ole.

OSU is the second best team to Clemson.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic