Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson football on the radio this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,527

Clemson football on the radio this year

Oct 10, 2012, 12:34 AM

has about a five second delay from what has transpired on the field. Very annoying. It used to be strictly live.
Anybody know why it has gone that route?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're watching on a satellite tv it is simply the time

Oct 10, 2012, 12:47 AM

it takes for the signal to go from the stadium to a satellite back to a tv station control center to your tv. Cable is typically less time. In the older days there was very little to no delay in the signal going from the stadium directly to your tv via the old antennae system.

Progress huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if on TV, only TV broadcast can be live, while radio

Oct 10, 2012, 7:45 AM

must be on a slight delay.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Want to really get stymied? Watch TV muted while listening

Oct 10, 2012, 8:33 AM

to the game on radio!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saturday's game had a delay for about the first 10 minutes.

Oct 10, 2012, 7:38 PM

After that the delay went away. I always take my headset inside and listen to the broadcast. It happened a couple times last year too, but the delay went away on those games also.

I wouldn't mind a delay on away games so that the radio would be synched with the satellite. Even the over-the-air digital signal is slower than the radio signal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, guys - interesting. I was at the game

Oct 11, 2012, 1:16 AM

with the radio on. The Clemson football network on WCCP used to be in sync with the play on the field - not anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson football on the radio this year

Oct 11, 2012, 8:19 AM

I think the delay this past week was more like 7-8 seconds. I tried to mute the TV and listen on the radio but I couldn't handle that long a delay. Last straw was on a kickoff. I watched the KO on TV. The guy took the touchback and was trotting off before the kicker on the radio even kicked the ball.
On the other hand, the week before at BC, the delay seemed to be only a couple seconds and I could handle that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,527
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic