Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson fans....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Clemson fans....

Nov 6, 2017, 9:21 AM

As I have read over the boards the last few days, there are a lot of stories and opinions on the NC State (among other) fan bases being classless and quite frankly, embarrassments to their respective universities.

As fans of Clemson, lets make sure we do everything in our power to not allow this to happen to our school. We all like to point fingers when its other teams, but there will come a day when we lose a game in similar fashion, and we'll find out what we're made of.

Its a game. A game we all love and are passionate about, but lets remember we hold the players and coaches to a high standard and we should conduct ourselves the same.

Ok, let me dismount my high horse.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson fans....

Nov 6, 2017, 9:23 AM

When you have vile fans spit at and verbally attack your spouse and children, please get back to me with your comments. I'd be curious to see how you would feel.

I've never treated a visiting fan with anything other than courtesy---I've had plenty at our tailgate over the years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

i think you must have misread my post...

Nov 6, 2017, 9:25 AM

i was simply saying lets make sure we dont stoop to their level.

what exactly did u read me say?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something about a high horse PETA?

Nov 6, 2017, 10:54 AM

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans.... ]

You sure that wasn't drool? Hard to ### the saliva with missing teeth..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should I call PETA about your horse being high?

Nov 6, 2017, 9:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Should I call PETA about your horse being high?

Nov 6, 2017, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Most PETA horses ARE high.***

Nov 6, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Should I call PETA about your horse being high? ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean like Pitt last year and the phantom calls???

Nov 6, 2017, 9:36 AM

There were SO many calls we could have pointed out that game....EVERY Clemson fan I talked to after game said either, "Well, we shouldn't have been in that position." or "We had our chances, but we blew it."

Where were the stories of Dabo blaming media or fans throwing #### at referees after game? Our fans as a whole are on a different level, win or lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

pretty sure there were people posting the head ref's address

Nov 6, 2017, 9:57 AM

all over the this website and facebook. people threatening to go to his house and mess with his property.

so, yea there were some.

i guess we need to remind ourselves, however, that its a small portion of the fanbase but still not a good look

Re: pretty sure there were people posting the head ref's address

Nov 6, 2017, 10:33 AM

You are equating fans being loud and boisterous by calling out a coot referee and his crew for no less than 2 obvious phantom pi calls on 3rd and long.To fans who threw trash and spit at refs, and police officers? Remind me again where Clemson fans did that in the Pitt game. I'll hang up and listen.

Nov 6, 2017, 10:17 AM

Plenty of good fans in every group. Sometimes there are a few bad.

For the GT game my aunt and uncle left the game early because Clemson fans were getting in a physical altercation in front of them because they were fighting about seats. Another Clemson fan right behind them threw up everywhere. On their seats too!

I was disappointed for my aunt and uncle because they get to one game a year. They are Ohio State fans that also really like Clemson. You got to know they went back to Ohio and told everyone about their experience at Clemson. One really bad experience will overshadow the numerous good ones they had.

Nov 6, 2017, 10:57 AM

Because Ohio State fans are so much more well behaved ... REALLY!?

But I agree there is a strong trend towards what can be described as 'prick-ish' behavior amongst the fanbase.

INCLUDING CONSTANTLY QUESTIONING OUR STARTING QBs ABILITY WHEN WE ARE 8-1 and in the CFP top 4!!??? Some real winners posting on these boards of late ... wow.

Nov 6, 2017, 11:21 AM

I don't pretend Ohio State fans are better. Some of the worst fan behavior I have ever seen was at the Orange Bowl against Ohio State.

Nov 6, 2017, 11:41 AM

I can't imagine our home fans displaying the widespread behavior that was seen at NC State, but I do think you make a point that everyone has its share of bad fans including Clemson. I think it's also fair to point out that the poor behavior of a few bad fans can come across as widespread poor behavior. I think what makes the NC State stuff the worst for me are all the reports of Clemson fans being treated poorly in the stands, before the game, leaving the game, etc... as well as the whining of the coach. I can believe a few stories here and there or opposing fans running across a few bad apple Clemson fans, because when you have 80,000 people you're going to have some idiots. I just can't see it being so widespread, and I can't ever see Dabo making excuses like that either.

With that said, I can recall being at the bowl game against LSU a few years ago and was embarrassed by the behavior of some of our fans. We were in the Clemson section, and there were two LSU fans sitting in the middle of all of us. I never saw the LSU fans do anything wrong. They did of course cheer for their team, and there were four Clemson fans sitting in front of them who more than once told them to shut up, and that they were in the Clemson section so they needed to take the cheering for LSU somewhere else. Eventually one of the very obviously drunk Clemson fans got up and told the LSU guys that if they didn't shut up he was going to shut them up himself. Me and my friend ended up telling the Clemson fan that he needed to calm down and that the LSU fans should be allowed to cheer for their own team. Luckily things calmed down after this, but it was embarrassing. I obviously know that doesn't represent the behavior of 99.99% of our fans, but I hate to thing that for those LSU fans they may have that long lasting negative opinion of our fans based on that since it's often hard to separate the actions of a few from the whole.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic