Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson deserves a bb team at least in the top 69.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 865

Clemson deserves a bb team at least in the top 69.

Feb 11, 2017, 10:29 AM

Think about it. There are 69 teams to be in the ncaa tournament. Don't you think our school and fan base deserve to have a team that is at least in the top 69 of the country. Maybe not top 20 as usc is, maybe top 30, or 40 or even top 50. I don't know where the problem really is but i think it is pretty embarrassing to have top teams in other sports and hardly a scratch in visible college basketball. I'm all for a change in something, whatever something is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Not nearly as embarrassing as...

Feb 11, 2017, 10:50 AM

1. The football coach, who you've recently erected a shameful, idolatrous banner of on your stadium, retires on active duty and stops recruiting a year before quitting on you mid-season; or
2. Losing to El Cid, or
3. Hiring a pompous blowhard who couldn't get it done at Florida, or
4. Having your "top 20" basketball powerhouse getting beat by such hoops nobodies as Clemson and Alabama, or
5. Becoming primarily a ladies' basketball school, or
6. A chicken for a mascot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not as embarrassing as you talking Southern Cal and still

Feb 11, 2017, 10:59 AM

Trolling after the embarashment of your football team

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson deserves a bb team at least in the top 69.

Feb 11, 2017, 11:42 AM

Not best 68 teams. Many are one bud leagues and we could beat those teams. We would be a top 4 team in the SEC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Deserves got nothing to do with it."

Feb 11, 2017, 12:27 PM

- William Muny "Unforgiven"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDkYZWeeVg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson deserves a bb team at least in the top 69.

Feb 11, 2017, 1:45 PM

You deserve only what is put into it. The Clemson admin and the the AD hasn't put enough into Clemson Basketball to have a top 69 team. They put some lipstick and a touch of makeup on LJ, and Hired a coach that has never coached at a D-1 power five level program. That screams a soft commitment to basketball if the honest truth was told. Given enough time it all may work out, and maybe we all were wanting to much to soon. Talent, talent and more talent is what we need for Clemson basketball to play in the big time basketball league. And the admin and the AD should do what ever necessary to bring Clemson basketball to the big league, or it will never happen. We will continue to be the same O same O Clemson basketball program as always. They have proven by giving Dabo their total support to bring Clemson FB to being a big time FB program, and they will have to do the very same for our basketball program, or we will remain being the same BB program that we have always been, and that isn't nothing that we can all be that proud of!!!

When coach Brownell came to Clemson, I actually thought that with his experience he had gained with the schools that he had been the HC at, and had gotten those schools in the tournament. I felt like he could do the same at Clemson, and I have held firm with the belief that he would do the same for Clemson. Coaching at Clemson, and playing BB in the ACC, I now believe that the ACC competition is way over his head for the reason that he isn't known as a top tier coach, and his name just isn't recognized in the same class with Krzyzewski, Calipari, Pitino, or a Bennett, those guys and all the other big names are going to Blister Brownell in recruiting mainly bc Brownell was never an assistant coach under any of the top basketball coaches, and that has left him not that well know as a good coach that I personally believe that he is and would prove that he is if he had enough top talent to coach and prove that he should be mentioned with the top known names. When or if he gets fired at Clemson, the best thing he could do for his career if he wants to coach big time basketball. I believe, he should go and be an assistant with the big time names in basketball whether it be with the NBA or college big named coaches before he tries to be a HC in the big time basketball league....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 865
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic