Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson/GA....somebody wanna take a stab??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Clemson/GA....somebody wanna take a stab??

May 22, 2013, 9:44 AM

I know this board has PLENTY of "Armchair QB's" and "Game breakdown geniuses" 8-), soooo

Anybody want to logically play expert and break it down (in fun) for us???

My observations:

1. BOTH are offensively explosive
2. Clemsons defense needs improvement
3. Jawja has a young D
4. Both teams have All American/Heisman quality Quarterbacks
5. Both teams will be ranked top 10 coming in

What will be THE difference in this game as SOMETHING has to give?!?!?
What say you T-netters?????

(No Tiger/Dawg bashing...just thought out analysis only please)

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll just give a score

May 22, 2013, 9:47 AM

I think the Tigers win by anywhere from 7 to 10 points

45 - 35

I think our D will play better against their style Offense than their D will play against ours. Both O's will move it and score, but I think our D gets more stops than theirs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Exactly how i see it. Perfect call. +1.***

May 22, 2013, 9:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta think the crowd can be the difference***

May 22, 2013, 9:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson/GA....somebody wanna take a stab??

May 22, 2013, 9:51 AM

Can't disagree with any of your points, although I believe (hope, pray)that our defense will be better than many think. I think the biggest difference is the "home field"....sure am glad we're playing them in Clemson.

Stab? Ohhh, the poor football!

May 22, 2013, 9:58 AM

Sorry, flashing back to the Football Massacre last year!

Giving that both defenses will be trying to rebuild/improve over last year, and granting that both offenses are seasoned and powerful, where will the differences lie?

Georgia's offense is built for punishing. Clemson's is built for blitzkrieg. Georgia has the ability to wear opponents down with a seasoned O-line and excellent running. Supposedly the passing game will be better, or at least good enough to prevent selling out for the run on defense.

Clemson offense is built to give the Tigers a chance on any defensive mistake ... and with speed, mistakes will be made. The running game is less certain with new faces, but there's not denying the passing game.

If either offense turns the ball over, count on the opponent to make them pay. So, playing error free offense or at least making fewer mistakes is the key.

Can Clemson get far enough ahead to force the Dawgs out of their run-first comfort zone? Can Georgia hold the ball long enough to limit Clemson's offensive opportunities?

Consider that a key to the game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2013, 10:04 AM

I'm hoping UGA can control the pace of this contest with our oline and running game thus allowing the play action to work it's magic.

I think we're finaly going to see linebacker play like

May 22, 2013, 10:09 AM

out of Clemson that we haven't seen for many years. We win by 2 TDs.

null

Yep.***

May 22, 2013, 10:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the way, just gave you 10,000th.***

May 22, 2013, 10:12 AM [ in reply to I think we're finaly going to see linebacker play like ]

i'm sure he'll brb to thank you...

May 22, 2013, 10:14 AM

after he's done chest bumpin the chick in the next cubicle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leave GWP outta this.***

May 22, 2013, 10:15 AM

null

So they call that chest bumpin???

May 22, 2013, 10:22 AM [ in reply to i'm sure he'll brb to thank you... ]

good to know!!

;)

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Back atcha.... yes, I've been putting up with GWPTiger

May 22, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to By the way, just gave you 10,000th.*** ]

for many years....

null

Preciate it.***

May 22, 2013, 10:18 AM

You misspelled "overshadowed by"***

May 22, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Back atcha.... yes, I've been putting up with GWPTiger ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dsp, you wanna take this one? Go Tigers!***

May 22, 2013, 10:22 AM

null

he & dave have been tanning in the joung for sometime now...

May 22, 2013, 11:05 AM

the woohooing starts once they break out the coconut butter.

i'm sorry lbu, but you're on your own.

all in, all the frickin time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

home field

May 22, 2013, 10:13 AM

and fans

I agree that the difference will be Linebacker play.

May 22, 2013, 10:17 AM

UGA has a couple greta RB's but I think our Linebackers will neutralize them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

And the reason for that will be the DLs occupying blockers.***

May 22, 2013, 10:21 AM

May 22, 2013, 10:19 AM

Clemson – UGA Game: Keys to the Game

The three big battles that could decide the game the most, in my opinion are:

1. Clemson’s ability to stop the run WITHOUT loading the box.

If Clemson’s front 7 can contain the run game, not necessarily shut it down, but keep it in check then that will give the secondary a better chance at slowing down Aaron Murray. If Clemson has to bring in an extra hat or two to stop the run then look for a few big plays from UGA. Additionally there would probably be a few big runs before Clemson did stack the box and therefore look out for early scoring from UGA. I do see this being a higher scoring game anyway.

2. Will Chad Morris take what the UGA defense gives him?

The #1 reason I firmly believe why Clemson lost to USC is because in the second half Clemson stopped running the ball on 1st and 2nd down. We were running it and running successfully and took a lead into the half. Came out and had to throw 2 – 3 times per 4 downs and couldn’t get it going. In the LSU game the QB run was working and Chad called it over and over and over and over again, to the point the announcers were yelling “MERCY!” But it worked and it opened up the pass game. I do not think UGA will come out the gate with a young D and be able to shut down everything. Chad needs to take what works early and do it until they prove they can stop it, at which point something else should open up.

3. A little cliché I know, but whichever team wins the turnover battle should have an advantage in this game.

I fully expect this to be a relatively high scoring game; I would probably set the total over/under at 78. With that many points, a bad turnover can quickly lead to an insurmountable lead for one team. The team (or QB) that takes better care of the ball on offense and the D that does the best at capitalizing on mistakes will give their team a better shot at winning.

I think we walk away in awe of the CU defense after a

May 22, 2013, 10:20 AM

great win in another great Clemson/UGA football game. I think a few new stars emerge from this game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we win 63-17

May 22, 2013, 10:23 AM

My observations:

1. Our offense is explosive, theirs will look average
2. Clemson's defense has improved and will look like a completely new unit this year in BV's 2nd full season
3. Jawja has a young D, and will fake cramps. I can't wait to see Chad's gameplan for their D.
4. Clemson has an All American/Heisman quality Quarterback who will shred their young
5. Both teams will be ranked top 10 coming in, but the visiting team will leave barely within the top 25.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 22, 2013, 12:06 PM

Special Teams and Secondary, if we have improved in these areas we can win .

Tigers win 40 -24. The speed of the game gets

May 22, 2013, 6:50 PM

UGA D early (barring turnovers early) and they are just too bushed to stop the run late.

We hit WRs early with short stuff, hit a long one in 2nd qtr and D consistently pressures Murray the whole game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers win 40 -24. The speed of the game gets

May 22, 2013, 6:55 PM

If so, the town of Clemson might just catch on fire!

Re: Tigers win 40 -24. The speed of the game gets

May 22, 2013, 7:03 PM

We have the best kicker and punter that I can remember. In a closely matched game, that will be the difference!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic