Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football 2020, most important thing in the world???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,041

Clemson Football 2020, most important thing in the world???

Aug 3, 2020, 7:24 PM

I've removed myself from FB. I've also never been a social participant on any other of the Social Media forums. They are creepy, when it gets right down to it. Also, the realization that professional sports are un-necessary is a positive realization, at least, for me. They have ALWAYS MADE WAY TOO MUCH MONEY for what they've contributed to our well being, as a society. Professional sports athletes need to be reined in and made to see that they are some of the most privileged peoples on Planet Earth. Huh!???!!?!? Are u effing kidding me? School teachers should be making that coin, not someone who can throw a basketball through a freaking hoop from 18 feet...duh...I mean DUH!!!

So, if this "wake-up-call" leads to something positive for the world and for all of us here at Clemson, I'm all for it. But, it shouldn't lead to the total destruction of college sports and a restructuring of all things capitalist. America is founded, built, and structured upon the "capitalist economy" and 'capitalism' as a whole. The problem I've witnessed with "Capitalism" is simply "crony capitalism".

True "capitalism" is a beautiful concept and could certainly work, but only with checks and balances that remove the dishonest and crony concepts that have riddled it from the very beginning.

The shiniest "apple" MUST go to market, instead of being "bought" by the company that has the 2nd "shiniest apple". Otherwise, the entire concept becomes corrupt and completely disfigured.

Capitalism, in it's "rawist form", is the answer to heal the world. The best go to market and fight with all the other "bests".

It is SO unfortunate that capitalism has been usurped by greed. Peace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Re: Clemson Football 2020, most important thing in the world???

Aug 3, 2020, 7:36 PM

You are right.....except you miss the part that capitalism is in fact what drives the extremely high salaries. People who buy the product are willing to pay the high ticket prices and buy what is advertised on television. Just like any other business, if no one bought the product, the prices would drop and the salaries accordingly. It all comes back to the consumer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,041
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic