Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Athletics pulled a Jack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,363

Clemson Athletics pulled a Jack

Mar 17, 2015, 10:17 PM

and "left the pitcher in 1 inning too long." Causing utter catastrophe....

Listen, I like Jack. I love Clemson Baseball (once the freezing night games pass lol), more than football and that's hard for most to say.

I think this is clearly a case where the best thing for Jack and the program was for him to step down last season. He stayed 1 year too long, we let pride, politics and legacy get in the way of an obvious sound business decision.

Now they're in a situation where Fans are in mixed emotions of anger/frustration with the program and sort of feeling sorry for Jack and how he's "slipped". Like it's been pointed out, bears similar resemblance to Bobby Bowden.

I don't know what It woulda been like to watch the titanic head for that iceberg, but I can imagine it'd be like this. Maybe it's just me and I don't know what I'm rambling about...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Athletics pulled a Jack

Mar 17, 2015, 10:26 PM

Unfortunately, I think the only thing that will get this administration's attention is to have a lot of empty seats. I realize that you do not want to quit supporting your team but that seems to be the only way to send a message.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2015, 10:43 PM

We all seen exactly the same as you saw, and now our kids and our fans will suffer for it. It would be easier if we all had Jacks pay check for doing little to nothing, and sticking with the same Cliché as we're not ready to push the panic button yet....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2015, 11:10 PM

It reminds me of the Tommy Bowden situation. It was obvious for several years to most, except Clemson Athletics, that something needed to be done and Tommy had to go. Even though I didn't want the Tigers to lose, when we lost to Wake Forest, I knew it could be a good thing and for the best, because Tommy would be fired. And, the rest is history. Look what Dabo is doing and how the football program is doing better.

We are a low point in many ways in Clemson Athletics because we are more concerned about "looking good" rather then "being good" (by building and renovating) because the excuse is we need better facilities and must catch up. We hired Terry Don who was a builder and expander and now Rad who says we must renovate Littlejohn by having fewer seats and adding box seats.

Meanwhile look at the downward spiral for many years of men's baseball, men's soccer,women's soccer, golf, women's basketball, volleyball, etc. Isn't it obvious to many coaches and players the ego of Clemson Athletics, Clemson's presidents and others is about being like the Joneses when it comes to saying look at our facilities?

If one shoots for awards like Barker did for years one will eventually get them by persistence, wearing the awarders down, and practice at telling them what they want to hear. Don't get me wrong. I think it is good to be a top 20 college, but is it more important to look good than to be good?

Get great coaches and great players and the improved facilities will follow because of the success of winning programs!

you are dead WRONG,he stayed 5 yrs, too long,we could

Mar 17, 2015, 10:52 PM

recruit then because young players could see a chance to play post season & compete for a championship. now life long tiger fans are signing with the gamecocks, basketball is in the same boat. at least in basketball we were never that good

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you are dead WRONG,he stayed 5 yrs, too long,we could

Mar 18, 2015, 9:14 PM

I agree he stayed 5 yrs too long. So has Jack. So how am I dead wrong? I didn't say how many years in my first poet.

Basketball is not in the same boat, yet. Basketball has routinely beat the coots and been to post season for several seasons and won one game in the NCAAs which OP never did.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic