Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Classy email from a bama fan.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Classy email from a bama fan.

Jan 21, 2016, 12:45 PM

Now that the dust has settled and I've had a chance to digest the game, I really wanted to congratulate your team and fans on an effort that it's hard for me to describe. Incredible just doesn't do it justice. The game could not have been any closer and without the kick and run-back, Clemson wins it going away. Alabama fans are celebrating but if they're honest, they know that a few more seconds would have meant Clemson was hoisting the trophy and not the other way around.

As a long time Bama booster, I've watched a lot of championship games, but I can honestly say, that I've never watched a championship that we didn't lose, that felt less like a win than this one. It was less a win than just that time ran out before Clemson could get the ball back and score again. Your offense out played Alabama's vaunted defense and your defense "brought their own guts." Watson is worthy of every accolade. I have great respect for Dabo and love that he brings his own style to the game. He has cemented his place as one of the best coaches in college football. Clemson will be on the national stage for many, many years to come. I know it's no consolation, but Clemson's future could not be more bright. Congratulations and best wishes for great success going forward.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amen BrO..

Jan 21, 2016, 12:50 PM

And thX!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama Fans' Email

Jan 21, 2016, 1:07 PM

That was a nice email to receive from a Bama fan who gave a valid assessment afterwards.

He was clear and coherent and not like a lot of their fans that I know who are constantly talking down to anyone who is not a 'Bammer Jammer'.

I hope we get another chance to win the trophy very soon--maybe even next season which is when I thought we actually had the best opportunity to win it all.

Re: Classy email from a bama fan.

Jan 21, 2016, 1:02 PM

Thank you for the classy email! I was at the game; it was absolutely the most incredible football experience I can remember. And, I attended our National Championship game following the 1981 season. I didn't get to talk with many Bama fans, but I enjoyed the ones I met! Congratulations on a well-fought win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a bama fan. I'm just posting an email that I

received from a bama fan. I really liked the things he had to say about the Tigers and enjoy getting an outsiders view point of our program.

Jan 21, 2016, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Classy email from a bama fan. ]

thank you Bama fan. Its nice to know that at least one of you knows what all Clemson fans already knew. thanks again

Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments. Dabo always says that to be the best, you have to beat the best. We didn't quite get that done. Perhaps we can meet again next year. Many of us Clemson fans hoped to play Alabama, and many want to play the Tide again. Stay tuned.

You're right, it's no consolation***

Jan 21, 2016, 1:11 PM

Do I need to send you an orange "Roll Tide" cap..? ;~)***

Jan 21, 2016, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appreciate the kind words. Heck of a game. Had a "Bama" fan

Jan 21, 2016, 1:12 PM

tell me yesterday that they were laughing at how much USuC hated us. He said "they should be very nervous about how this state has turned", he then said "hell, we should be, too."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jan 22, 2016, 1:38 PM

bump

As much as I appreciate hearing about Bama fans reaching out

Jan 22, 2016, 1:43 PM

to tigers with complimentary gestures and even experiencing such gestures myself, it doesn't make the loss sting any less. It actually kind of makes it worse because Bama fans were given a championship they didn't really deserve. That is the hardest thing to stomach about this whole thing.

I felt that walking out of Univ. of Phoenix stadium, but I kept my head held high because Dabo and DW4's determination will not be denied in returning to that stage.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic