Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ticket Broker random thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Ticket Broker random thoughts

Dec 13, 2017, 3:11 PM

First time here in 11 months. Hope all of you Tigers are doing well.

Sugar Bowl should stay about where it is until at least a day or two before the game. Alabama fans don't like to pay too much but I think they will want to beat Clemson after last year and keep the game above $200.

National Championship will be Super Bowl like if UGA wins and plays Clemson. Prices will be much more than last year. If Oklahoma beats UGA, prices will start falling around the 3rd an continue to fall until game time.

Merry Christmas and Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good info....my thoughts.....

Dec 13, 2017, 3:30 PM

Good to see you again.

My thoughts are based on being a CLEM and UF season ticket holder (one of my best friends is probably one of the largest tix resellers at UF and I know several scalpers based in Gainesville who buy/sell for events all over the state of Florida)....

I agree with you about Sugar Bowl and CLEM/UGA game. Disagree a bit about OU--don't think that ticket drops much at all. Demand for OU will still be quite big---particularly with the Mayfield angle this year. In 2008, you couldn't get into the BCSNCG in Miami without paying $2K (I was there--hundreds were roaming (mostly OU fans) outside right at gametime trying to find tix. OU had a big crowd...as well as UF...I don't see why OU wouldn't bring a big crowd this time as well (shorter distance too). There may be a slight drop initially; but if it does, I see a rebound and slow steady march upwards. JMO.

Thanks for your insights...keep 'em coming if we make it to the NCG---its good to hear your perspective

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ticket Broker random thoughts

Dec 13, 2017, 3:37 PM

Appreciate your observations and comments.

Choklahoma fans will travel with this one

Dec 13, 2017, 7:54 PM

they haven't won the Natty since 2000. They are starving for one and are tired of the SEC/Clemson domination. They think that with the Bakerman that they can get it done. I do not see tickets dropping with ANY team combination. The big difference maker will be Georgia on a major level and Clemson due to proximity. If it is Jawga-Clemson...........it's gonna be super expensive.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Choklahoma fans will travel with this one

Dec 13, 2017, 9:20 PM

THIS....
they haven't won the Natty since 2000. They are starving for one and are tired of the SEC/Clemson domination. They think that with the Bakerman that they can get it done. I do not see tickets dropping with ANY team combination. The big difference maker will be Georgia on a major level and Clemson due to proximity. If it is Jawga-Clemson...........it's gonna be super expensive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2017, 7:58 PM

Thanks for the insight you were pretty much spot on last year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 28, 2017, 10:08 PM

Thanks for the info! I look for your analysis every year. Please continue to give your take because it is very helpful.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:53 PM

Amy, What do you think the prices for UGA / Bama are going to do leading up to the game? Thanks

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic