Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we do something about cops that have no business
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Can we do something about cops that have no business

Sep 6, 2020, 9:21 AM

being cops? And dirty sheriffs? What would be something to do there? Can we agree that it would benefit every race (white, black, asian, native american, hispanic, jewish, arabic, irish) if we could make sure all the cops and sheriffs honest and just really good people it would be awesome!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better yet, lets just eliminate all evil.***

Sep 6, 2020, 9:25 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Better yet, lets just eliminate all evil.***

Sep 6, 2020, 9:45 AM

Now why hasn't anybody ever thought of that before!?

Let's do it!

Re: Better yet, lets just eliminate all evil.***

Sep 6, 2020, 10:56 AM

It's only unthinkable if nobody's thought of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gets my vote***

Sep 6, 2020, 9:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can get rid of the criminals with badges, the good

Sep 6, 2020, 9:34 AM

ones would be pleased.

Can't argue with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we do something about cops that have no business

Sep 6, 2020, 9:35 AM

You should become a cop, get back to us when your dealing with thugs all alone. While doing so don’t carry a gun and be polite at all time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 10:16 AM

We should pass a law that says if you break the law you go to jail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 10:20 AM

Yesss! let's don't let any of the bad people be in law enforcement. I'll be the judge.

Let's get this done Tigernet!

You must be a very tired tiger

Sep 6, 2020, 10:34 AM

Is there a groundswell for hiring and retaining rogue cops? Who supports that? What's your solution? Do cops have a monopoly on rogue behavior? I would be interested in your proposals. While you're at it, let's look at politicians, the clergy, lawyers, doctors, contractors, uh everyone. The proposals of defunding the police and closing prisons seem just a wee bit shortsighted to this simple man.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must be a very tired tiger

Sep 6, 2020, 11:06 AM

Most of our problems can be laid at the feet of our politicians on both sides of the aisle. Why do we continue to elect career politicians who are responsible for many of our problems? How can we expect those who create problems to find solutions to those problems?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 11:25 AM

100% correct. We should be in the streets demanding term limits. There should absolutely not be a vocation known as a politician. Serve and go home. Next up. Problems would actually get addressed and compromise would not be viewed as a dirty word.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 11:49 AM

It would be much better if those elected to run the country were astute businessmen and ladies who care more about the country than being elected to a position. As it is now, the Republicans will have an impossible job of allowing anything to happen in America that would be positive for the citizens of this great country because the Democrats don’t want them to be successful. And this same narrative is true for the Democrats. The Republicans don’t want any of their ideas to be good for us all. And who suffers under this kind of “leadership”? YOU and ME.

The checks and balance system is a total failure. But I fear we are stuck with what we have.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: You must be a very tired tiger ]

"There should absolutely not be a vocation known as a politician. "

I was recently pulling up some historical context to convince a friend against the overwhelming current laziness that views the Confederates as traitors (like calling a person who divorces and remarries "adulterer" or "bigamist" simply because YOU refuse to acknowledge the dissolution of their previous legal relationship.) That is not the topic of this post.

But what we discussed is that the State of Maryland in 1861 was not only a pro-slavery state with a pro-slavery governor, but he proclaimed his state to be neutral in the conflict, thereby prohibiting the Federal forces from crossing Maryland in an attempt at fortifying DC. (They violated Maryland's 'sovereignty' anyway by doing it at night by train. The troops boarded the trains in PA, crossed over MD and rode into DC, never setting foot on the soil of MD, and therefore tacitly 'respected' Maryland's sovereignty. )

He was disappointed that he wasn't able to persuade the state to secede with the other pro-slave states, but the topic of secession didn't arise during the normal BIENNIAL legislative session. In other words, once the legislators went home in summer of 1860, they were not scheduled to return until spring of 1862. TWO YEARS between legislative sessions. He was able to call them back for a special session in spring of 1861, but by that time whatever secession momentum existed had been countered by President Lincoln, so the vote failed.

Which today we would acknowledge was a good thing.

My point is simply that the concept of a politician as a vocation is a modern and unfortunate development in our country.

Sep 7, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: You must be a very tired tiger ]

First of all, term limits are unconstitutional.

Secondly, I think people who acquire experience and expertise would do a better job than newby amateurs.

It IS possible for someone to be a long serving Congressperson and continue to be dedicated to serving their constituents for the good of the country. In fact, I think there are a number of them serving right now. The problem is that they don't accrue any real power because they are not for sale to the lobbyists of the rich oligarchs in this country.

If you want to see Congress become more responsive to the American people, get the money out of politics - campaign financing and lobbying.

Just curious, Sir.

Sep 6, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: You must be a very tired tiger ]

What problems are you speaking about?

Sep 6, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to You must be a very tired tiger ]

Rogue cops are in the minority. Looters, criminals, arsonists, thieves, vandals, and assaulters appear to outnumber the good cops. Give a solution to that since the mayors and governors of these fine states don't care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2020, 7:23 PM

First of all, let's not denigrate all of the mayors and governors across the nation.

What if we paid the police more and did a better job of psychologically screening them before accepting them into training programs ? What if we trained them to protect and serve everybody's rights ? What if we taught them techniques for de-escalating violent situations ? What if we reminded them that the courts are in charge of innocence or guilt and the punishment thereof ? What if we encouraged them to exercise authority instead of power ?

I know that there are plenty of bad guys out there and the police can't just wave a magic wand, but what if they could be trained to make it better. Other countries seem to take a different approach to criminal justice and they have not descended into chaos.

Sep 6, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to You must be a very tired tiger ]

When I was a youngsterthe only guys who I knew that wanted to be a cop or trooper was the guys who liked to drive Fast, carry a gun, Wear the sexy tight unis to impress the young lady’s. I suspect that hasn’t changed a lot. .

Sep 6, 2020, 11:46 AM

Agree let's do something-vote.

Sep 6, 2020, 11:56 AM

I fear that just voting Isn’t the answer. There are few ‘professional politicans’ That have the savvy to solve America’s problems. The Democrats as a whole can’t do it nor can their counterparts in the Republican Party. It’s going to take clever people working together for a common cause. Good luck with that. Election Day will give us four more years of the same old same old. You know I am telling the truth!

Sep 6, 2020, 12:16 PM

Can we get rid of boss’ that try to sexually harass their employees? Can we get rid of the Ponzi schemes and the guys that take advantage of the poor? Could we also do away with pastors that are only there to profit?

The problem isn’t just in law enforcement. Peoples lives are ruined every single day by people like the above.

Can we do something about people that have no business

Sep 6, 2020, 1:40 PM

...being politicians?

...being librarians?

...being doctors?

...being teachers?

...being car mechanics?

...zookeepers?

...coaches?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 1:56 PM

better pay, shorter hours (more officers), pension would probably attract better candidates, add a new penny sales tax for each municipality to fund it

Sep 6, 2020, 5:25 PM

We did those things already, and most of us thought the problems were solved.

But until you can find a way to get convicted felons facing a third strike or a 300-pound man high on drugs to stop resisting arrest, apparently more "bad" cops gonna show up.

Sep 6, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we do something about cops that have no business ]

I’m not sure we can buy better police officers. As I posted earlier, there is a special kind of Individual who aspires to be a cop, I was looking through a local newspaper recently and there was a story Of This years high school graduates. And their Plans for the future. Nearly all the young guys hoped to go to the local community college and study criminal justice with hopes of become state troopers. I knew several of these kids from local athletic teams and I suspect they would not be a credit to the force! But that is where the guys now in the news comes from. (My phone is going haywire so excuse the ‘extras’! Bbbb need comes l pans oh an

Officers are protected by unions...

Sep 6, 2020, 9:36 PM

Sheriffs are an elected position and usually do not need a law enforcement background.

Break the unions. Vote for the other guy.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic