Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Call it whatever you want... but, IMO, the reality is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Call it whatever you want... but, IMO, the reality is

Dec 1, 2013, 1:21 PM

that SCU is bigger, stronger, and often faster than us at almost every position. Thus has been the case the last 4 years or so.

Maybe it's the SEC effect (truth)

Maybe it's Spurrier, who is a HOF coach

I don't know. I know it's foolish to suggest the SEC isn't a factor. Spurrier knows how to recruit that league, and knows how to win.

TO's, drops, playcalls, etc.... doesn't matter

They are bigger, stronger, and faster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Call it whatever you want... but, IMO, the reality is

Dec 1, 2013, 1:23 PM

That last TD they had was a great play call. Seems they had been setting it up all night and waited to use it when they need a knockout blow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that has been true, for the most part, for the last

Dec 1, 2013, 1:30 PM

4 years, but with all they lost (particularly on defense) after last season, I felt that evened out, and maybe even left us with an advantage. I still believe that. Either way, I think many Tiger fans fail to accept that the coots, under Spurlid, have built a team of very talented, very physical, very good football players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Call it whatever you want... but, IMO, the reality is

Dec 1, 2013, 1:34 PM

Agree except I really think we were the better team this year. Had we executed and not been outcoached, the game was ours to lose.

However, they had some better play calls and forced Turnover Tahj to play.

not this year

Dec 1, 2013, 1:37 PM

sammy was the best athlete on the field as he always is but for some reason doesnt seem to demand the ball..sometimes its like he walks his routes

vic beasley was the fastest and most athletic linemen out there and our d line dominated the line of scrimmage for the majority of the night..there best player was neutralized by brandon thomas for the most part

we lost because we repeatedly just gave the other team the ball

^^^^^this^^^^***

Dec 1, 2013, 1:39 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. It's as simple as that.***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:01 PM [ in reply to not this year ]

Yep***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:03 PM [ in reply to not this year ]

I agree above

Dec 1, 2013, 1:48 PM

They were in no way better this year... A more physical QB on the run yes and in certain positions but overall we have the fastest and more elite talent, we just seem to not play Clemson football this game. The coot fans I work with even complain that we always get the talent. I'll say it again where's the spread offense, where's Sammy, where's the run, where's the screens. Who's paying the dang coaches off

Agree to some extent....

Dec 1, 2013, 1:53 PM

but to suggest TO's etc didn't matter.... you are wrong.

The only place I see they have a clear advantage is OL. I think Tajh felt enough pressure all night to force him into poor decisions. We were never able to test them deep & stretch the field. Their OL, on the other hand, gave Shaw (and Cooper in the wildcat) adequate protection.

Several key plays in the game all went their way.... Tajh's fumble, Humphries' fumbles, Shaw's 3rd and 19 scramble, to name a few. But to suggest that these happened because they are bigger, stronger, faster, etc..... sorry, but I have to disagree.

Now you are getting into strength and conditioning

Dec 1, 2013, 2:06 PM

and Dabo has said that Joey is doing a great job. Scar's defensive line agrees. Don't change nothing.

Re: Clemson 6.2 Yards per play Usuc 4.1 Yards per play...

Dec 1, 2013, 2:11 PM

I would say the only problem we had last night was unforced errors... they (SCAR) played a perfect game, an A+. We played a C-, or even D game and still were in it until the end. The sky is not falling, we just got ZERO breaks last night. That was not coaching, team speed, toughness, or anything other than a lot of mistakes made by college kids... College kids that have won more games in three years than any other group in the history of our program.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic