Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got vote by mail applications from Trump. He's encouraging
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 273

I got vote by mail applications from Trump. He's encouraging

Sep 13, 2020, 9:33 AM

us to vote by mail. I prefer to vote early in person, but it was a nice gesture. He's also solicited contributions from me by mail every day for a week. Not planning on doing that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Voting by mail, either solicited or unsolicited is risky...

Sep 13, 2020, 9:44 AM

if you want to ensure your vote is counted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems weird that he would encourage it

Sep 13, 2020, 11:12 AM

based on your comment and what Trump has said often. Seems like he would prefer I vote for him in person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He probably wants you to vote for him.

Sep 13, 2020, 11:21 AM

I can't know this but that's usually the goal of someone running for public office. I suspect, though again, I can't be sure, that Trump intends to let everyone, including liberals, know that a mailin ballot is more surely accepted as valid when it's solicited by the voter rather than being send without request.

There are real problems with this which I haven't seen discussed. The first and most obvious to me is that some are not quite as familiar with where unsolicited ballots go. Many may be sitting home and thinking the address on the voter rolls is updated automatically by the USPS when they move.

I do not assume that those who have traditionally voted at the polls know that, do you? Might Trump's mailer have been a positive for those people?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have voted by mail since 2004 since I travel on business.

Sep 13, 2020, 9:53 AM

The Florida process has never been in question until the competency and integrity of this administration. The Florida process requires the registered voter to first request a ballot by mail, online or phone.

A legitimate issue is whether Universal ballots should be mailed to all registered voters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think I understand what you are saying with this...

Sep 13, 2020, 9:55 AM

sentence.

"The Florida process has never been in question until the competency and integrity of this administration.

CT88 - thanks for asking. The capability of the USPS ....

Sep 13, 2020, 10:34 AM

has never been viewed as an issue. Under this Administration, doubt has been created. Any Administration should ensure that the USPS is fully capable of certain basic services because it provides critical services to both rural and lower economic communities. Mail-in ballots, financial services and prescription delivery are amongst those critical services.

Widespread election fraud has never been proven under any other administration given numerous post election studies. The one house race in N.C. is an exception. Never has any POTUS suggested and even encouraged that a US election be comprised. A POTUS with integrity and leadership would take all necessary steps to ensure an impartial and fully inclusive election process in both actions and rhetoric. He would willing agree to abide by the outcome of an election.

FL Govs. Bush and Scott, both Republicans, never openly questioned the validity of Florida mail-in ballots. The whole voting issue is an admission of incompetence given that the power to address many election issues was held by the administration and from January 2017 to 2019, a Republican Senate and House.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was it the chicken or the egg?

Sep 13, 2020, 11:06 AM

I don't recall who cried about election fraud first. I can point out that political parties are well versed in doing something wrong then accusing the other party to deflect criticism.

Did the dems not call for universal mailin, unsolicited, ballots and Trump addressed the problems with that or did Trump claim the election would be corrupt first? Sometime so much racket in the room is confusing.

Was it Trump who initiated the problem with USPS or was that others?

Is this really an issue comparable to FL absentee, solicited ballots? I don't think it it.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Replies: 7
| visibility 273
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic