Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tavien Feaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Tavien Feaster

Oct 2, 2016, 1:29 AM

I know we are all pumped up on the win and we should. I noticed that Feaster was pulled from kick return duties. Thankfully he was because we needed that Scott return to get us back in the game. Feaster just looked like he was running timidly and half stepping. I remember during camp the coaches talking about him not running full speed all the time like they need him to run. I still think he will be great for us but it looks like he needs to develop and learn the nuances of what makes a RB/returner great. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just needs more playing time. Right now he has a lot

Oct 2, 2016, 1:32 AM

of vets ahead of him on the depth chart. He'll be a good one for Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tavien Feaster

Oct 2, 2016, 1:34 AM

Thought he was on the other side of the field but the kick went to Scott?

CJ Fuller was still on the other side***

Oct 2, 2016, 3:24 AM

I think he did well.He return all those 5-10 yard deep kick beyond 25 yard line and protected the football. He should be one of most important key players for us for few years to come.

I agree.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:36 AM

I think he did well too. For players with no experiences like that, anything that did not include losing yards, turnovers or any stupid mistakes trying to be a hero is considered as good with me.

Ray Ray had that same demeanor but now he has learned to hit another gear and is maturing nicely. Feaster will do the same.

He's a freshman ... the college game will come to him.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:35 AM

Meanwhile, Artavis Scott shows why experience is so valuable.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - he's got the goods. Just playing in a game like

Oct 2, 2016, 2:22 AM

tonight is great experience for him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

If he's just going to return kicks

Oct 2, 2016, 1:39 AM

he should've redshirted. I seriously thought he'd get some plays in big games as a change of pace guy. I'd love to see him get a few of the old spiller wheel route plays. kinda like albert Huggins last year burning a redshirt for like a dozen garbage time plays

It was only game #5. If we can work him in by the end of the

Oct 2, 2016, 1:43 AM

season it will still be well worth. You just can't redshirt potential impact players that could easily leave before their 5th year anyway. The shirt is totally waste if he doesn't play for us in 2020. Yes, 2020.

I know what you are saying, but he has the potential to win

Oct 2, 2016, 2:24 AM [ in reply to If he's just going to return kicks ]

games for us returning kicks. He could go all the way anytime. I think that's why coaches burnt his redshirt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He just looked timid and really hesitant. He was running

Oct 2, 2016, 1:41 AM

at about half speed, and he was getting hit really hard. I think he was actually a fumble risk with the way he was returning them.

He just needs more experience and more confidence.

Oct 2, 2016, 1:49 AM

I'd love to see him on a jet sweep with a blocker setting the edge. He has mind blowing speed, but I agree he looked unsure of himself on KRs.

He just needs to build up his confidence

Oct 2, 2016, 2:27 AM

He still looks like he's playing not to make a mistake instead of playing to make a play. He'll come along.

Oct 2, 2016, 3:42 AM

Dont worry...When the light comes on for him he may out do Spiller. He is gonna be a great one!

Oct 2, 2016, 4:17 AM

Feaster will be just fine but in very big situations like tonight I think Scott should be returning. Artavis' dynamic presence returning was obvious when they put him out there. I also think we need to get back to using Scott more on the bubble and slip screens. I think he's better on the jet sweeps too. Ray Ray is faster so I guess that's why they have given him a lot of the touches Scott used to get. Scott is just dynamic with the ball in his hands in space. Hopefully they start feeding him again in big situations.

My thought is that we burned a redshirt for nothing***

Oct 2, 2016, 5:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic