Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The sad thing is the coots are probably eating this up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

The sad thing is the coots are probably eating this up

May 20, 2012, 1:59 PM

watching us fester about where we end up.

I'd hate to read their board right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:You listen to the Coots. Someone of you will listen

May 20, 2012, 2:00 PM

to anything.

Re:You listen to the Coots. Someone of you will listen

May 21, 2012, 11:32 AM

Seriously is English your first language?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They are grieving inside at the thought of having to recruit

May 20, 2012, 2:03 PM

against Clemson if the rumors have any truth in them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then

May 20, 2012, 2:18 PM

tell local recuits we both want: "Come to Carolina where most of our road trips are much, much shorter than road trips to the Midwest and Southwest. Your friends and family can make shorter and less expensive road trips to watch and support you in person, if you come to Carolina."

That argument was made by a Tnet staffer in a printed "face off" over the pros and cons of jumping to the Big 12.

Re: Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then

May 20, 2012, 2:20 PM

> tell local recuits we both want: "Come to Carolina..."

Why would you want your recruits to go to UNC?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

May 20, 2012, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then ]

> tell local recuits we both want: "Come to Carolina
> where most of our road trips are much, much shorter
> than road trips to the Midwest and Southwest. Your
> friends and family can make shorter and less
> expensive road trips to watch and support you in
> person, if you come to Carolina."
>
> That argument was made by a Tnet staffer in a printed
> "face off" over the pros and cons of jumping to the
> Big 12.

I'm sure the recruits parents will love driving to Missouri and Texas A&M now that they are permanent fixtures on your schedule. Of course, given the recruiting integrity of SCar's coaches, I'm sure they would try to sell it just like you say.

Then he is as full of chit as you.***

May 20, 2012, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2012, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then ]

Depends on where your recruits are from. We will be fine. Just try not to worry so much about your rival. i know you guys really aren't concerned about Clemson. All your posts on our board really screams not interested.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you sarcastic SOB!!***

May 21, 2012, 1:12 PM

we still out recruit even though y'all are in the sec and we

May 21, 2012, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then ]

are in the acc. Being in a stronger football conference would be more attractive to recruits. About the parents road trip thing, there aren't many player's parents that go to all of the away games. So that really makes no difference.

and Columbia, MO and College Station, TX aren't far away?***

May 21, 2012, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then ]

But my retort would be

May 21, 2012, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Most of us want you to go to the Big 12 because we can then ]

1. I'm doubtful that many parents attend away games that are more than 100 from their home.
2. Opponent schools now are mostly an overnight stay away.
3. Travel destinations!! Recruits will have the chance to go to places they've never been. It worked for the Navy.
4. A little more money from the conference affiliation is allowing us to upgrade these facilities.
5. Make a name for yourself in places that have never heard your name before. A different set of sportswriters watching you in person will increase your chances for post-season honors.

#5 would be the deal sealer.

May 21, 2012, 11:56 AM

we're not talking other southeast sportswriters, we would be talking southwestern and midwest reporters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The sad thing is the coots are probably eating this up

May 20, 2012, 2:21 PM

U misspelled CERTAINLY!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My coot friends don't want to talk about it.

May 20, 2012, 2:29 PM

I have had big Coot donor friends incredulous at our level of recruiting currently. They know if the rumors are true we Will blow by them and not look back.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My coot friends don't want to talk about it.

May 20, 2012, 4:18 PM

That's funny. You realize we're bringing in more than $20,000,000 more now and are looking at a renegotiated television contract that will outpace anything the big 12 gets, right?

May 20, 2012, 4:35 PM

VERY true.

And since the SEC shares revenue

May 20, 2012, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: My coot friends don't want to talk about it. ]

equally, we get a big payday from the new SEC/Big 12 deal while the rest of the Big 12 will have to settle for what Texas wants them to have..

Re: And since the SEC shares revenue

May 21, 2012, 7:37 AM

you do know the big12 also went to equal shares,don't you? well,you do now,anyway.the tier3 is the only monies not split.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

May 20, 2012, 9:43 PM [ in reply to My coot friends don't want to talk about it. ]

You wont blow by us. Those days are over. Like it or not we have changed the way we do things and we now have the resources to sustain success. I could see how some of our fans could selfishly want clemson to get left out. Could help us in the same way y'all were helped by us being independant for so long. We produce alot of talent in this state. If one team could dominate the other again they could field some very good teams like y'all had in the 80s. That being said i hope clemson makes the move. I have alot of clemson friends and family who have given too much money to be repaid by being left out.

Busted, you got us...

May 20, 2012, 10:13 PM [ in reply to My coot friends don't want to talk about it. ]

we are all scared s-less.

May 21, 2012, 12:34 AM [ in reply to My coot friends don't want to talk about it. ]

To be honest Clemson's recruiting doesn't scare any South Carolina fans. Confuse maybe, but not scare.

Until Dabo's recruits start beating us and Clemson starts winning in the trenches this won't change.

We still out recruit you every year***

May 21, 2012, 12:40 AM

Re: We still out recruit you every year***

May 21, 2012, 12:47 AM

That doesn't bother me one bit. As I said, when Dabo shows that his recruits are capable of beating us, I will start to be afraid of them.

Our recent classes have been great and we have signed many contributors in the last two classes that have helped beat Clemson. The fact the ESPNU has Clemson's recent classes ranked a dozen spots ahead of ours in February doesn't change the recent results on the field.

May 21, 2012, 7:43 AM

but, the number of coaches that left usuc means that the recruiting gap will get larger,resulting in clemson wins and usuc losses.

May 21, 2012, 10:02 AM

The loss of coaches did not really affect any recruits last year. Our class was wrapped up by then for the most part. And to be honest, the coaches we lost were poor recruiters outside of Jay Graham.

May 21, 2012, 11:47 AM

ej? if he couldn't recruit, i guess he could just coach'em up pretty good. still think that his loss will hurt the coot d pretty bad.

May 21, 2012, 5:38 PM

I agree. It hurts, but I also think Ward is solid. Not EJ, but I think he could be a good replacement.

EJ was definitely an Xs and Os guy, he brought very little on the recruiting trail.

May 20, 2012, 3:59 PM

Who really cares what the pullet or cockerels are thinking or saying about the Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a win - win for us

May 20, 2012, 6:35 PM

right now recruits don't know what conference they're being recruited for. If it's the ACC, all they have to do is read any number of articles saying the ACC is dead as far as big time football is concerned. If it's the Big 12, they know half their conference games will be played against a team they care nothing about a 1000 miles from their home so it's not likely their families will ever be able to attend. The other half will be played in Clemson with very little attendance from the visiting team and less interest from Clemson fans because all old rivalries will be gone. The recruits won't get to compete against many of their HS teammates and rivals as is the case now. Good luck!

Re: This is a win - win for us

May 20, 2012, 6:42 PM

Yeah right Chicken. Oklahoma, Texas, OSU, FSU, TCU, TTech, KState. None of those teams will draw any interest. Right.................

Cool story toogie, but most players want to play for schools

May 20, 2012, 6:44 PM [ in reply to This is a win - win for us ]

with national recognition and ones who can compete for national titles. Most players are more concerned with the proximity of the school to their homes than where the school travels to. And Clemson already sells a lot of tickets in spite of the lack of traveling fans from some of the ACC schools.

Nice try and good story, but you'd be better off trying to convince the numbskulls of your concerned fanbase (on, cough, cough, your message boards) than the smart folks here.

I am Toogie. I am not Bookmaker.

May 20, 2012, 7:07 PM

Bookmaker's info says he is a print shop owner from Lexington.

I do not live in Lexington. And everyone here knows that you already know all to well where I live.

And when it comes to multiple handles on Tnet. Give it a rest ok? You are the king.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Yes, of course, toogmaker...

May 20, 2012, 10:31 PM

And I live in Rio de Janeiro.

I have no earthly idea where you live, nor do I care. You were called out on that BS long ago. You've made many enemies over the years. That's not my fault. Look in the mirror for the cause of whatever went down in your personal life.

I have one handle. My name is Stanley. I am not classof09, shelby05, bookmaker03, etc. Why do you always put years at the end of your handles anyway? LOL.

You're a liar. Not trying to hurt your feelings. Not namecalling, just a simple fact. You've been busted several times over the years in pure acts of lying.

This is no different. Your first post, as bookmaker03 was a work of fiction, and so is this one. Is shelby05 going to jump in next?

Re: Yes, of course, toogmaker...

May 21, 2012, 10:25 AM

I put 03 on mine as a way to express my respects for Dale Earnhardt. It has no other significance.

Welcome back Toogie

May 21, 2012, 9:46 AM [ in reply to I am Toogie. I am not Bookmaker. ]

It's good to see you're alright.

LOL. ^^This is one for the archives...

May 21, 2012, 10:33 AM

Certainly not the first time you've been on record as talking to yourself, but this one is a keeper. You're a riot.

Re: This is a win - win for us

May 20, 2012, 6:45 PM [ in reply to This is a win - win for us ]

Hmmmm never knew a recruit signed with a school based only with the conference
Just think if that was fact the Tigers could have had top 5 classes and not top 10 the past few years, if only we had known and been in another conference, oh wait maybe the ones who signed with FSU did not know either

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations - you win!

May 20, 2012, 6:52 PM [ in reply to This is a win - win for us ]

I have never before replied to a cootie, but just couldn't resist this one. Give yourself a ring for the stupidest, most idiotic statements ever made on this or any other board. You delusional people never cease to amaze even some of your own flock! Again, congrats!

makes no difference to me

May 20, 2012, 6:53 PM

I'm just giving you the view from the Gamecock boards. We're almost giddy over this fiasco for y'all.

Re: makes no difference to me

May 20, 2012, 6:56 PM

Thanks don't know about any one else but I could care less what is being talked about on a pullet/cockerel board

And you think we care?

May 20, 2012, 6:57 PM [ in reply to makes no difference to me ]

It's amazing how intimidated you cluckers are by everyone who has owned you for generations.

Re: And you think we care?

May 20, 2012, 7:15 PM

. . .but, as I've read in one form or another on this Board for years: 'The sun don't shine on the same dog's posterior area all the time'

Right now, there's no team that 'owns' USC. Ahh, maybe the Arkie Porkers, but we will see that little matter settled in Columbia in November.

All this and SOS very quietly announced this weekend that he's good for at least another 5 years as HC of the Gamecocks!

Let me be clear

May 20, 2012, 8:45 PM

Again, you're here on a rivals board, announcing this response to me, someone who has no interest in what your team has done, not done, or ever will do or not do. Your opinions are irrelevant!

Re: And you think we care?

May 20, 2012, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: And you think we care? ]

Well said 44Gamecock
'The sun don't shine on the same dog's posterior area all the time'
Its time for the pullet & cockerel to get back in the shade, Tigers are not the only ones going to have a feast

Re: makes no difference to me

May 20, 2012, 10:17 PM [ in reply to makes no difference to me ]

Giddy you say? Well, all indicationas are Clemson along with FSU will eventually make the move to the Big 12. I'm not sure just how giddy you'll be when that turns out to be true. Right now Clemson has to sell playing Duke, Wake, BC, UNC etc to our football recruits. How much better of a sell will it be to replace those with Texas, OU, OSU, WVU, KState, Baylor etc? Several football programs who have been perpetual known names in football. Do you really think you'll be giddy when we continue to wax your a$$ in recruiting?

Do you really think you'll be giddy when there is no longer a multi million dollar difference in revenue?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2012, 10:09 PM

Of course we are eating this up. Basically you guys are in a position where all you can do is hope you end up with the lesser of several "evils."

We would prefer, of course, the ACC implodes and you guys get left out of a BCS conference altogether (unlikely). However, we are fine if you guys end up remaining in the ACC as it is, remain in the ACC minus a few prominent members out of the likes of FSU, NCSU, VT, GT, Miami, etc.; end up in the Big East; or end up in the Big XII.

No matter what happens we know we are fine.

You will be fine again, after you go back down this season..

May 21, 2012, 12:45 AM

by actually having to play a tough schedule the past two years in the sec least. And by the way UT and UF aren't going to stay down forever. So yes you will be fine. You will be back to losing, and you will be back to packing up your gamecock clothes into the attic, and wearing clothes of other SEC schools.

May 21, 2012, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: The sad thing is the coots are probably eating this up ]

This coming from a team who did not win their easy division and who knows---

they will NEVER win an SEC Championship.

and you never will win a Big 12 championship

May 21, 2012, 10:29 AM

If Clemson is short sited enough to move to the big 12, it'll be decades before you ever even challenge for a conference crown unless Texas and Oklahoma leave as is rumored.

You never will win a sec football championship

May 21, 2012, 10:36 AM

That 69 ACC flag will die alone in willy brice. Care to guess how many Clemson has chicken ?

Re: You never will win a sec football championship

May 21, 2012, 11:04 AM

SEC Championships? I gonna go out on a limb and guess none. And we saw last year how prestigious the ACC championship is.

Message was edited by: Bookmaker03®

remember usuc's seccg score?

May 21, 2012, 11:29 AM

guess y'all don't want no more of that, either. at least ours was in a bcs bowl,after winning our cg.

Reading their board just makes your IQ lower***

May 21, 2012, 12:35 AM

thanks for this post, it brought out the coots that I can...

May 21, 2012, 12:41 AM

now put on ignore.

Wha? They want no part of Clemson in the Big XII.***

May 21, 2012, 8:31 AM

the only way to make the Big 12 move look attractive

May 21, 2012, 1:03 PM

is to compare it to staying in a depleted ACC without FSU & VT.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic