Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brainstorm on how to deter faking injuries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 823

Brainstorm on how to deter faking injuries

Sep 3, 2013, 7:47 AM

To be clear it is the abuse of a rule that is there to protect the players, that will ultimately hurt College Football. When a rule related to players health is used as a part of game strategy, either that rule will be changed or it will give justification to try to actually hurt a player.

Things that might help:

When officials call time-out for injury
1.Initially the injured team must stay on the field an make no communication with their bench during the injury time-out. (i.e. Coaches and players cannot signal plays or bring the team to the sideline to huddle-up).
2. The non-injured team may immediately go to the sideline.
3. If the trainers report that the injury is serious (i.e. not cramping, a shot to the rocks, breath knocked out, etc.) or the delay will require longer than a 3 minutes, the injured team may then go to the sideline.
4. If, during a non-serious injury, the injured team communicates with the sideline (other than related to the injury) a 5 yard penalty will be acessed.
5. If the injury is deemed serious (see 3 above) the injured player must sit out 4 consecutive plays a non-serious injury requires the player to sit out one play.

This process protects players who are seriously injured, an provides a deterrent for those that would abuse a faked injury. The communication inequity provides also incentive for the non-seriously injured player to exit the field as quickly as possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brainstorm on how to deter faking injuries

Sep 3, 2013, 7:53 AM

I do think if you are so badly hurt as to need assistance off the field and stop the game you should have to sit out for a period of time. Not sure if it should be for the remainder of the possession or a given number of minutes. if people like Saban are so concerned about player safety why not ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 8:02 AM

The penalties need to be more severe. Injured player (not taken off the field with an obvious serious injury) should be required to stay pout until a change of possession or 10 minutes whichever is the lesser of the two. I like you other ideas.
Second idea is that if a team fakes an injury, we run up the score big time if given the chance. Take it as high as possible and then after the game Dabo et al coaches simply tell the opposing coach when we play you and you cheat this is the price you WILL pay.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it ethically wrong ... Yes no doubt But...

Sep 3, 2013, 8:01 AM

When you have coaches making millions of dollars where winning is everything you have to do what you have to do. Would we complain if we faked injures to slow down Oregon in Pasadena??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it ethically wrong ... Yes no doubt But...

Sep 3, 2013, 8:03 AM

If I saw Clemson do this cheap trick, they would lose a fan then and there. This school and coaches are much too classy and ethical for this crap!

The cone of silence...

Sep 3, 2013, 8:21 AM

If the defensive players has the "cramps", leg type not menstrual, the rest of the defensive players must huddle in the middle of the field and the cone of silence will descend over them to prevent them from talking to their sideline...

Seriously...one cramp per half...after that start taking away timeouts

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Sep 3, 2013, 8:41 AM

If an injury stops the clock and play, that player
should sit for the remainder of the series.

Replies: 6
| visibility 823
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic