Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad Brownell quote for all the impatient fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Brad Brownell quote for all the impatient fans

Jan 12, 2014, 3:06 PM

"We lost a lot after my first year. We've had to work to build it back. It's going to take even more time. Most people don't want to hear it, and that's fine. I get it. But that's the way it is; if you're trying to do it the right way, you're going to have to build. You're going to have to recruit guys who are gonna be here a while and get experiences like this one."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad Brownell quote for all the impatient fans

Jan 12, 2014, 3:09 PM

the moronic what have you done for me today crowd will not like that. those idiots really matter nothing in the big scheme of things however. the powers that be know what we have in coach brownell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The funny thing is, I'm watching the same at Purdue

Jan 12, 2014, 3:14 PM

Purdue pretty much turned over it's entire roster 2 years ago, and guess what, they are struggling because they play mostly Freshmen and Sophomores. For the most part, these are 4* players, but Clemson played better against Duke than I have seen my Boilermakers play all season. Matt Painter has been named Big 10 coach of the year 3 times, and yet, he is struggling with a young team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2014, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad Brownell quote for all the impatient fans ]

Well the good thing is, they will get the chance to see how good or not that Brownell is with the rest of us. Bnownell isn't going any where. The real people that do the firing will give Brownell the time he needs as long as he's showing forward progress. IMO, I think he is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2014, 3:24 PM

i like the man & i think he knows what he's doing.
i question why so many guys have left us however, but there could be many reasons behind the scenes for that...
very similar to Dabo, he is correct about having to build the program & recover from the bad luck we've faced, with recruits & coaching turnover & down years.
we've still been as good as most years, so i don't know how we can get too upset, even though i love us winning alot more. we need to win in some tourneys & finish this season strong. I think the Duke win will be a major confidence boost.
we have to be more patient as fans if we want big things to happen & alot of those 1st steps are already in the works. why get rid of the coach that has these improvements to the program of his top priorities?
basketball is a very clear 2nd (or 3rd) to Football here at Clemson, but if the facilities can be improved then i think the success & excitment for b-ball at clemson can do well
if we can do it in our other major sports Like football, Baseball, & Soccer, then why not for Basketball?
similar to Dabo, i feel that Brownell is genuinely interested in building our program because he knows he's got alot of negative support, but doesn't care because he knows what it takes to get us there. he knows it sometimes takes longer than we want to wait. at least he isn't just apologizing & making excuses only, he's proactive & coaches the players all game long. mostly the guys seem to like him & respect him. i see some improvement when they're playing with confidence & together.

Go Tigers!

Pretty easy to see the player turnover

Jan 12, 2014, 3:27 PM

B.B. had to roll the dice on some kids. If you don't play defense, you don't play for Clemson. If you don't play, you look for somewhere else to play. I look for the attrition to slow down now that B.B. doesn't have to offer recruits just to fill out roster spots.

That is the natural progression...It's not like he's the 1st

Jan 12, 2014, 4:23 PM

Tiger BB coach to have transfers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you question why they are leaving.

Jan 12, 2014, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad Brownell quote for all the impatient fans ]

Ask yourself this. Do you let your children rule the house?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Bball fans at Clemson are not knowledgeable and fair weather

Jan 12, 2014, 3:26 PM

Even Coach K said as much in his press conference.

Opening ACC game against FSU... Full student sections all the way up in the upper levels. Empty seats everywhere along the sidelines and behind the player's benches.

Maybe if we beat VT, people will show up against Wake. Even then, I'm still skeptical.

Caddie, Clemson AD's & Administration's have rarely

Jan 12, 2014, 4:13 PM

put an emphasis on fielding quality teams. Would not blame it on the alumni and fans. When Clemson fans attend games and speak accurately about poor play on the court ... they are called disloyal or Coots or worse and lose interest.

I came to Clemson from VA in 1979 primarily to watch ACC basketball and enjoy the warm climate. Enjoyed watching the ACC talent (mainly on other teams like Sampson, Jordan, Worthy, Bias and many more) but always pulled with everything I had for our Tigers. Every once in a while we were rewarded with an upset. Discovered Clemson was a football school but so much more ... Looks like McDaniels and Blossomgame are worth watching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You came here in 79?

Jan 13, 2014, 11:00 PM

and "Every once in a while we were rewarded with an upset." Really?

Clemson went to the Elite 8 of the NCAA tournament in 79-80. It was our best basketball run ever.

"Mainly other teams had the talent." Really? Clemson was led by future and multiple NBA all-star Larry Nance that year.

Clemson's AD and Admin over the years would not agree with the assessment that they haven't made winning in basketball a priority. For decades, they did not, but that started to change in the mid 70's. Since 1975, Clemson basketball has made the post season (NCAA or NIT) 24 of the last 38 seasons. They never once went to the post season before 74-75. 62 straight years of no post season.

Message was edited by: Colapaw®

I have no problem with building a SOLID foundation...The

Jan 12, 2014, 3:30 PM

smoke and mirrors of the last guy disappeared when the lights turned off...

Re: impatient fans

Jan 12, 2014, 3:55 PM

DePaul Blue Demons Coach Oliver Purnell has to be Fired
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-basketball/2013/02/01/depaul-blue-demons-coach-oliver-purnell-has-to-be-fired/#G3v38ihgIK3ufjv1.99

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

WOW...You would think Chicago residents would enjoy his

Jan 12, 2014, 4:21 PM

exciting brand of Basketball...Well what does Chicago know about Good Basketball anyway? ahahahahahaha

If I'm making $1MM plus per year, I'm telling my bosses

Jan 12, 2014, 3:59 PM

to be patient and expect positive results to take a while as well ... that way if its doesn't work out (and in Brownell's case I hope it does), I earn enough cash in 3-4 yrs for my retirement and my kids' retirements before I accept another position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I'm making $1MM plus per year, I'm telling my bosses

Jan 12, 2014, 4:06 PM

you get a tip for that ;)

easy money though right?

When you make 1M yr the IRS makes sure they steal most of it from you.

Jan 12, 2014, 4:33 PM [ in reply to If I'm making $1MM plus per year, I'm telling my bosses ]

That's why most of these coaches have set up foundations. At least they can decide how to be charitable with their money and not some federal bureaucratic clown.

Re: When you make 1M yr the IRS makes sure they steal most of it from you.

Jan 12, 2014, 4:39 PM

absolutely.. very well said..it is a PURE SHAME what the USA govn does to those people that are productive!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2014, 9:28 PM

Me thinks you are being sarcastic......And I wouldn't disagree that coaches that make that kind of money are over paid.....but conversely. A good program makes enough money to warrant paying a lot.

There are plenty of people that provide good jobs and products that the government does rob. Because they make "too much money". But the measure must be applied evenly to all.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 13, 2014, 11:33 PM

well i'm all flat...should alleviate any difference as a ratio ;)

Re: Brad Brownell quote for all the impatient fans- Boeheim

Jan 12, 2014, 4:20 PM

said yesterday in a feature you need a couple good seniors and a really good young guy or two but you have to have seniors to be successful. He should know (though I dont care for him).

Also think where we will be when Blossomgame and Rokks are Sr and JR respectively after their extra year to mature.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic