Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bracketology (Early look)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Bracketology (Early look)

Dec 21, 2017, 2:44 PM

Currently an 8th seed and 27th in RPI. Not too shabby right before conference play. What would be the magic # for conference wins to clinch a spot? 10?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bracketology (Early look)

Dec 21, 2017, 3:58 PM

10 wins would be a lock I think at this point, especially with solid out of conference wins over Ohio State, Florida, and South Carolina. I think a 9-9 record would probably be good as well.

To me, 20 wins has always seemed like the magic number. Since we will be 11-1 (presumably…) after tomorrow’s game, 9-9 would get us to 20 with the ACC tournament left to go. With the strength of the ACC this year and no bad losses out of conference, I think we would be dancing.

However, I think we are more than capable of a 10-8 or 11-7 conference record, and I hope to see that. The ACC is STACKED this year so it will be an exciting season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bracketology (Early look)

Dec 23, 2017, 12:08 AM

We've never won 11 in the conference...so that'd be quite the feat for sure. Not saying it's impossible...just saying it's a tall order.

Knowing the trends for how things have shaken out over the last 5-10 years and being quite the analytics/metrics guy myself, I truly think 8-10 probably gets us in the Dance, assuming none of those 10 are against some of the lesser RPI teams in the ACC (Pitt and Georgia Tech are almost must-wins). We should feel very comfortable at 9-9, and anything more than that will see us serving as the home team in the Round of 64 (better seed).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic