Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boys, we are in Tall Cotton right now. I remember going
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Boys, we are in Tall Cotton right now. I remember going

Apr 15, 2018, 10:18 PM

about 15-20 years where we didn't have a single receiver that could be in the top 5 or 6 right now. A time when any of our QB's on the team now could have been the starter. A time when tailbacks ran 4.6 forty yard dashes. A time when corners got out run by 6'7" cajun tight ends. I can honestly say, we had teams that did not have a single player that would be in our 2 deep right now.

One of these days, you youngsters are gonna be saying,"Back in the 10's we had it going on!"......hopefully, the 10's and 20's..........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boys, we are in Tall Cotton right now. I remember going

Apr 15, 2018, 10:40 PM

A kid myself, but old enough to remember the Bowden days and the struggles we went through in early 2000s. Blessed to see one of the brightest centuries of Clemson football in its history. Hope Dabo & Co continue their work for a long time coming!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you always have to talk down to people to feel good about

Apr 15, 2018, 10:41 PM

yourself? The constant referring to yourself in 3rd person and always referring to us as "boys" I find off-putting

I suspect you're probably a nice guy. But you scream narcissism

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Boy, ol' Bengal Billy thinks you're awfully sensitive.***

Apr 15, 2018, 10:47 PM

Re: Boy, ol' Bengal Billy thinks you're awfully sensitive.***

Apr 16, 2018, 7:22 AM

He should add "Fragile Snowflake" to his Slum Lord profile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lighten up, Francis***

Apr 16, 2018, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Do you always have to talk down to people to feel good about ]

Re: Do you always have to talk down to people to feel good about

Apr 16, 2018, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Do you always have to talk down to people to feel good about ]

Wow! If this isn't pure sarcasm, you need to get a grip. The reference to "boys" in this context is clearly a term of endearment, as though one is speaking to close, personal friends. There's nothing in his comments that are in the least condescending. So lighten up. You're among friends here. Why not focus on the positives rather than looking for a reason to be offended? I've been a Clemson Tiger for over 50 years and can say authoritatively these are "the best of days." So take a deep breath, smooth your ruffled feathers and have a great day! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you always have to talk down to people to feel good about

Apr 16, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Do you always have to talk down to people to feel good about ]

That is our fishing Jesus leave fishing Jesus alone

You're probably..

Apr 16, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Do you always have to talk down to people to feel good about ]

a nice guy as well but you scream a$$hole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. The asst coaches Dabo has hired and developed

Apr 15, 2018, 10:44 PM

and the players he has recruited and developed with these assts is making these the "good old days" of Clemson Football history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup!***

Apr 15, 2018, 10:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Glad you said Tall Cotton.

Apr 16, 2018, 6:00 AM

Just don't say Cotton Pickin. It may get you a suspension. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad you said Tall Cotton.

Apr 16, 2018, 8:20 AM

Dude, just the word cotton is offensive. I threw away all of my cotton clothing just to keep from offending anyone.

The word Tall is offensive too. Just ask Bob. (At least that

Apr 16, 2018, 10:35 AM

is what posting history would indicate.) Never personally met the "vertically challenged" (politically correct term) individual.

Come to think of it, "individual" is offensive too. We should all be considered part of the Collective. Where, O where will it end?

Re: Glad you said Tall Cotton.

Apr 16, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Glad you said Tall Cotton. ]

Dude, just the word cotton is offensive. I threw away all of my cotton clothing just to keep from offending anyone.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic