Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bourrett said we've scored the same number of points....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,654

Bourrett said we've scored the same number of points....

Sep 29, 2016, 11:13 AM

In the first four games this year as last. On ESPN they said we've also averaged the same number of points per game this year as last. Is that a coincidence or what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 games in and we are just getting started, last week

Sep 29, 2016, 11:20 AM

we improved greatly, still not there yet but much better. This week is going to be a huge test and I'm sure our coaches and players will be ready for prime time. Watson feeds off of the atmosphere of big games, and I expect he and our D to be as prepared as you can be. I am a bit surprised that the points are equal to last year as had not thought about it much but we certainly had our scoring struggles early last year as well. Considering we have had several TD passes dropped, several overthrows of open receivers, that should not be the case but it is and Clemson is 4-0 again!

This will be a good game and I am excited for Saturday night to be here but am enjoying all this chatting and thinking one or the other team will be blown out. I highly doubt it but crazier things have happened.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are we using Coot math, Obama math, gov't deficit math,

Sep 29, 2016, 11:21 AM

or the kind that got most of us through Engineering school?

Re: are we using Coot math, Obama math, gov't deficit math,

Sep 29, 2016, 11:30 AM

Not an engineer but I do understand 4-0. 5-0 is better.

Go Tigers!!

Common core of course

Sep 29, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to are we using Coot math, Obama math, gov't deficit math, ]

except that there is nothing "common" about that core math.....

Are expectations are much higher.

Sep 29, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to are we using Coot math, Obama math, gov't deficit math, ]

That's the main difference.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Expecatation get heavy and it can be hard to live up to

Sep 29, 2016, 11:40 AM

the elite level. The weight of lofty expectations has caught a lot of teams by surprise and rarely do those met!! 4-0, looking for 5-0 right now. All we can do is win, no matter the point spread just win the dad gum game and move on, learn, and get better. Clemson seems to be doing just that and I am excited as heck about Saturday night!

the fans are the same from year to year, which is

Sep 29, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Are expectations are much higher. ]

why the importance of each team being able to grow on their own

is so undervalued by the fans.

Coaches keep saying that last year no longer matters.

The fans have been stubborn to listen.

Saturday what the fans want will not matter....

which is the best position for "fans" to be in.

Show up, stand up, raise hail for 3 hours, go home spent, happy or sad.

It ain't hard.

Re: Bourrett said we've scored the same number of points....

Sep 29, 2016, 11:51 AM

Stats can always be interpreted the way the person telling the stats wants them to appear. The difference between last year and this years scores to this point is that we dominated the teams that we should have dominated. This year, a lot of confidence has been shaken because of the teams performance against Troy and Auburn.

Throwing out the scores that heavily skew the numbers in either direction, you will see that last years squad was scoring almost 5 points more/game than this years. Truth is, this is going to be a tough game to win given what we have seen from our offense thus far. Its going to be hard to run on this defense and our receivers need to address the drop's. Our Defense will keep the game winnable if we can contain and pressure jackson, but it will be on the offense to capitalize on what the defense gives them.

That being said...Tigers by 3.

Sep 29, 2016, 11:55 AM

If stats can be presented to make any point that the presenter wants to make, how do the Gamecocks spin their offensive stats this season?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2016, 12:58 PM

They don't call them the 4 letter network for nothing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only number that matters is that

Sep 29, 2016, 1:07 PM

they've averaged the same number of wins through four games as last year.

I expect them to keep their average the same this week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,654
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic