Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad may have a better ACC win %
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,079

Brad may have a better ACC win %

Mar 4, 2015, 12:17 PM

But im guessing win % out of conference, especially vs mid majors, is not that stellar...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than Hamilton at FSU and Gregory at GT...

Mar 4, 2015, 12:49 PM

(who is probably getting fired this year) Brownell is the worst performing coach in the ACC who has been at their current job more than 2 years. Hamilton, who has an ACC championship, is actually starting to feel a little heat too. I know BB isn't getting fired because of his insane contract, (maybe he'll take another job, lol) but the only guys he's finsishing ahead of are just getting started and possibly improving, while he should be at the point where he's got things settled in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that logic is a little flawed-- those other guys are just

Mar 4, 2015, 2:19 PM

getting started because BB was probably finishing above their predecessor

Re: that logic is a little flawed-- those other guys are just

Mar 4, 2015, 2:29 PM

Yes. If we win Saturday, that would be 4 straight years of .500 or better in ACC......and that's with a team that has been picked in bottom 3 all 4 years.

Idiots want him fired. It's not like this state or alumni base is full of basketball IQ. Leave the man alone. Those who know the game, truly know the game - not super fans who coach rec league- can see what the man is building. Are spoiled baby of a fan base is mostly basketball IQ deficient and wouldn't know the difference between a set and a quick hitter.

Stick to football you basketball we Todd did blubbering idiots.

Mar 4, 2015, 3:01 PM

Finishing 9th or 10th in the conference when you've been picked to finish 11th or 12th every year isn't exactly something to hang your hat on. I do know that.

Mar 4, 2015, 3:18 PM

We have finished....

4th
6th
10th
6th

the past 4 years in conference.

We beat ND we could be anywhere from 6-10 depending on what else happens.

null

Try 5-7th finish and predicted 13-15th...***

Mar 4, 2015, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: that logic is a little flawed-- those other guys are just ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

BB's average finish in the ACC is 7th over past 4 seasons...

Mar 4, 2015, 4:29 PM

so, I'll admit he's probably the 7th best coach in the ACC right now. Is that fair?

My point is most of the teams he's finishing ahead of right now will likely be improving in the next few years as the new coaches get their programs set up. How is that something to argue about?

I hope Clemson basketball improves too, but the trend isn't pointing that way.

Re: BB's average finish in the ACC is 7th over past 4 seasons...

Mar 4, 2015, 4:31 PM

Here is an idea why dont you stop purposefully trying to spread misinformation and bs as fact like you just tried above. Its not going to work here. Some of us are more knowledgeable and will call you out on it every time. I have no problem discussing things with you but this is not the first time you have tried to pull this crap.

null

Mar 4, 2015, 4:39 PM

4 + 7 + 11 + 6 = 28

28 / 4 = 7

Explain how this is misinformation or bs.

Mar 4, 2015, 5:00 PM

The BS part comes with you saying we will be 9th or 10th if we beat ND.

Much like you trying to claim that Clemson was 10th in the standings recently which was also BS we were in 4 way tie and you magically managed to pick the last slot in the 4 way tie.

null

I have no idea what you're talking about...

Mar 4, 2015, 5:11 PM

I don't remember posting anything like that. I don't think I would say anything about finishing 9th or 10th if we beat ND because I think it would practically take a miracle to beat ND at ND. Impossible, no - likely, absolutely not.

And for what it's worth, we are 10th in the standings professor, look it up. Why would that #### you off?

Uh, the trend is literally pointing that way***

Mar 4, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to BB's average finish in the ACC is 7th over past 4 seasons... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, the trend is literally pointing that way***

Mar 4, 2015, 4:57 PM

4th(y1)
7th(y2)
11th(y3)
6th(y4)
10th(y5-probably)

No it isn't.

Here's the actual pre-season poll vs final standings ...

Mar 4, 2015, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Try 5-7th finish and predicted 13-15th...*** ]

for Clemson basketball since the Brownell's first Clemson season. Pre-season polls in parentheses -

2010-2011 - 4th (7th)
2011-2012 - 7th (7th)
2012-2013 - 11th (8th)
2013-2014 - 6th (14th)
2014-2015 - 11th (10th -currently)

So other than last season, he's finished about where he's supposed to.

Source:
http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-baskbl/m-baskbl_day_poll_history.pdf

You have the preason/postseason #s reversed for 2015

Mar 12, 2015, 8:23 AM

and we finished 8th not 10th

Blah blah blah

Mar 4, 2015, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: that logic is a little flawed-- those other guys are just ]

Same old story with you pumpers.

Everybody that doesn't agree with you doesn't know #### about basketball and Brownell is building something special.

It's year 5 and we might not even make the NIT.

Who cares where we were picked to finish in the ACC?

What does that say about this program that we are always picked that low?

Re: Blah blah blah

Mar 4, 2015, 4:24 PM

TIL posting facts is "pumping"

null

Mar 4, 2015, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Blah blah blah ]

Until I read something educated from you, I stand by my comments.

Change my mind. I will gladly listen.

And it better be high level basketball info or its falling on deaf ears.

Mar 4, 2015, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Blah blah blah ]

Couldn't agree with you more ...the saddest part of all this is saying something so idiotic like look what he's done and where we were pretty season picked or look what he's done with the talent ....who the eff do these Ppl think recruited our players ....some Ppl are laughable and to be completely honest I am still fairly young and wasn't around during the good clemson football years but my whole life we were mediocre at best and owned usc and we turned the page and went with a guy that could take us there so I'm tired of all the non tradition bs Ppl throw out too....of we wanted to be good we could ...called dropping the right coin on facilities and coaches...

Mar 4, 2015, 7:40 PM

lol good lord to be so young and naive. Comparing Clemson basketball to Clemson football is not very smart.

null

Mar 4, 2015, 7:56 PM

No one said I'm comparing the two...I'm just saying for a long time we were mediocre and if you don't agree with that then you are just being ignorant...please tell me when we were anything but previous to Dabo and after say 1987 which is when I was born...lol and we had some good basketball teams with Barnes and op so it's not like we have no tradition...no one is asking for national title but we have proven we can make the tourney I think most tiger fans would be very happy with just that and winning a few every now and then

Mar 4, 2015, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: that logic is a little flawed-- those other guys are just ]

Wow, You don't check your facts very well. Went 5-13 two years ago in league. If we lose Saturday that will be a collective losing ACC record over 4 seasons .

Mar 12, 2015, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: that logic is a little flawed-- those other guys are just ]

Using your logic, we should expect to finish last every year in the conference so that if we do anything better than that, then we should be happy????

Your logic sucks on a good day. Please tell me you don't live your life this way.

Perhaps you need to bail out and leave logic to the rest of us that actually expect to win and don't accept being "last place" as the norm.

My opinion on this is pretty simple...

Mar 4, 2015, 3:27 PM

I think most people would agree that BB is a good basketball coach and his issue at Clemson has been a lack of talent and not an inability to coach. This actually makes his upside pretty high if he can raise the talent level a little bit. Right now I'm just much more willing to give BB a few more years to see if he can do that rather than blow everything up and start from scratch again with a new coach who could even be worse. Lets get the facilities upgraded and see if things improve. It's not like we are bottoming out here like we did under Shyatt.

Uh, you not reading posts?

Mar 4, 2015, 4:49 PM

Most people do not think he is a good coach.

People that flock to Tigernet after losses are not

Mar 4, 2015, 7:06 PM

representative of the general opinion. All of my non-Clemson friends think he's a very good coach and are afraid of him actually getting some talent to work with. I think their opinion of BB is higher than my own to be honest.

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,079
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic