Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Difference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,597

Big Difference

Jan 3, 2018, 11:57 AM

In playing Alabama fresh off of a month break vs. playing them 2nd week of January? I really believe giving Nick Saban 30+ days vs 5-6 days to prepare for us was all the difference. But at the same token we also were in the same boat but Bama had a few extra days off not being in the SEC Championship.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Difference

Jan 3, 2018, 12:01 PM

We did great to make the CFP, but DW4 was extra special. Add Williams, Leggett and a few others and well we all know the story. Still, I would rather have played them in the Final regardless.

My thought is we didnt have a real downfield passing game...

Jan 3, 2018, 12:02 PM

all year. If you play Bama on a short field, you lose every time. KB had a great year considering, but he's a manager and you cant manage your way to a victory against Bama. Our offense want built to move the ball on them, but with Lawrence coming in or Johnson emerging we'll be right back there next year and we'll beat them.

Bama wouldn't have beaten UGA

Jan 3, 2018, 12:02 PM

the first week in DEC ,with their injuries. By sitting out,healing up,not having to play, they'll now have Fromm running for his life.

People will have to decide whether that's right/fair or not.

It's the second time since 2011 that Bama has gotten a second bite at the Apple ,after not doing what they were supposed to do in the regular season.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:12 PM

Pac Ten officials were the difference in 14 points of the game. holding, pass interference, need any other crews would have made a great difference.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:43 PM

Officials weren’t great. But they didn’t beat us.

Not being able to throw the ball more than 15 yards killed us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

turnovers killed us nothing more/nothing else***

Jan 3, 2018, 12:53 PM

Jan 3, 2018, 12:27 PM

The difference is the hungry vs the full. We owned that trophy we were "full". We were the target. Last year Alabama was full and they were the target. Mentally Physically whatever, it is always easier to be pumped up when you are chasing after something than when you own it. Possibly why in the 4 years of the playoffs no one has won back to back championships.

Also with this playoff system Dabo said it best it is a play here or there that turns the tied in a given game. Ask Oklahoma a botched squib kick right before half, a missed tackle on a quarterback on 3rd and forever. A blocked chip shot. Small things.

Didn't look like our offense prepared at all. Looked like

Jan 3, 2018, 12:33 PM

we thought it was going to be easy as long as we just ran our typical vanilla offense.

Go back and watch the OU-GA game and check out all the misdirection and "special" plays OU had to try to overcome a good GA defense.

Didn't look like we had prepared anything "special" for Bama. "Just line up and do our thing and everything will work out" looked like our attitude to me.

Just an Opinion, but I think,a large part

Jan 3, 2018, 12:39 PM

of the Special Gameplan went out the window when Tee went down. He's that next Freak that'll make 50/50 balls 80/20 like Mike.

Our special wrinkles are saved for big games.***

Jan 3, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Didn't look like our offense prepared at all. Looked like ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 3, 2018, 12:43 PM

They had an extra week to rest and get ready compared to Clemson. They also had almost home field advantage from playing so close to home in New Orleans. Pretty nice setup for a team that barely got in at #4.

Like a lot of Tigers: PROUD.... BUT...

Jan 3, 2018, 1:07 PM

Our offense was limited all year long. We just had more talent than everyone else. Maybe having Co-Offensive coordinators is brilliant because the fans don't know who to blame. Much like the loss to Syracuse, this one was certainly on the coaches. I don't think I saw decent adjustment until it was WAY too late on offense. Do we not have a decent RB screen, or any run-pass options that are not read-options? We never slowed down their D-Line a tick.

Unfortunately, we needed to pass to try to open up the run and just couldn't do it.

The QB battle in the spring should be interesting...

Still proud of the year we had and look forward to doing it again next year!

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,597
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic