Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big 10 should cancel ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Big 10 should cancel ...

Nov 18, 2015, 4:22 PM

Their conference championship game. They could have 2 undefeated 12-0 teams for the committee to consider. Notre Dame and whoever is in the Big 12 only have to play 12 games. Why take a chance in a 13th if those teams don't have to?

Same could be applied to any conference. Anyone eligible for the playoffs should have the same number of games. That game can't help but can certainly hurt...

Is 12-1 better than 11-1 where neither is a conference champion?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iowa only has a chance to get in if they can win the BIG CG.***

Nov 18, 2015, 4:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iowa only has a chance to get in if they can win the BIG CG.***

Nov 18, 2015, 4:30 PM

Fair point, but does Ohio State need it to get in? Could guarantee a playoff spot for a conference with only one undefeated going into the championship game. What if Iowa loses this weekend or next weekend and knocks off an undefeated Ohio state??

Nov 18, 2015, 4:56 PM

Too many what ifs, my head will explode. It obviously depends on all the other conferences. I think a 0 loss Clemson team is in. A one loss Clemson team very well could be out. A one loss UNC team I still think is out but would be on the cusp. A two loss Alabama team as it stands SHOULD be out. I get that's different than will be. However, if there are several 0 loss and quality one losses out there it shouldn't be. I think a Big 12 team has to be undefeated to get in. I think Ohio State needs to be undefeated as does Iowa (which would be by default if Iowa wins Championship). I do not believe in the system. However, I do think if we let this play out, it will be better than what most of us think. I'm actually more frustrated for other teams that ND is in than Alabama b/c in a sense if you're an undefeated OK State team (just for example) and you were left out in lieu of ND (I think a zero loss OK St jumps ND) you deserve to be ticked b/c in a sense, ND already had there chance to be in the top 4 and loss to Clemson. A lot of football left to be played, but we have to win out. Probably b/c of SEC bias, a one loss SEC team gets in. Rest should be zero loss if they want to be in for sure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma > Oklahoma State.... at least I believe so. ???***

Nov 18, 2015, 4:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oklahoma > Oklahoma State.... at least I believe so. ???***

Nov 18, 2015, 5:03 PM

Possibly, but good news, we find out in a week and a half. You do raise another good point. I think Oklahoma is the only Big 12 team with a chance to get in with one loss. That is more to do with their "brand of football" though I'm pretty sure we "branded" them last year. I was in Ethiopia thanks to Uncle Sam, woke up and watched that game at like 2 or 3 in the am or something like that. Where did they find that Cole Stoudt fellow?

Just think what DW would do....***

Nov 18, 2015, 5:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2015, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Iowa only has a chance to get in if they can win the BIG CG.*** ]

If Iowa/OSU play for the Big Ten Championship, winner will be in final 4 and the other goes to the Rose Bowl. Two teams won't get in.

this post gave me a headache.***

Nov 18, 2015, 5:00 PM

Re: this post gave me a headache.***

Nov 18, 2015, 5:01 PM

What I should have said . . . you schooled me . . .

depends.......

Nov 18, 2015, 5:06 PM

which team was a 2-point conversion away from "beating" clemson AT clemson IN THE MONSOONING RAIN??

Re: depends.......

Nov 18, 2015, 5:10 PM

They were 2 points from tying the game not winning.

Don't confuse the Coot....***

Nov 18, 2015, 5:13 PM

Re: depends.......

Nov 18, 2015, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: depends....... ]

Thanks for pointing this out, a lot of folks out there saying that they were two points away from winning. Which = a loss in my world anyways, but as you said, that only means you tied and got to go into overtime.

y'all just buy a new meter and then read again***

Nov 18, 2015, 5:21 PM

yes......hence the "quotes" around "beating"........

Nov 18, 2015, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: depends....... ]

i was referencing the constant reminder the MEDIA/ESPN wrongfully pushes on the viewers to pump Notre Dame that is unjustifiable IMO

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18328307

In a related matter...

Nov 18, 2015, 5:17 PM

Do you think conferences will consider dropping their championship games to protect their front runners. I think they would consider if the money weren't so big and would only work if every conference dropped their championship game.

Re: In a related matter...

Nov 18, 2015, 7:22 PM

Thanks Sam, that's my real question here. I can't see a scenario where any team loses the conference championship game and still gets in. Which could keep conferences out of the playoffs all together

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic