Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 615

Aug 6, 2018, 8:02 AM

Friday, really didn't do anything because resting up for Saturday.

Saturday up early to go take an inflatable kayak down the Nantahala. Got dumped, nearly died, will be ready to go again in a few days. We can do an AMA about that if ya want.

Sunday, sat around and tried not to move due to being a kinda sore I've never been before.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 6, 2018, 8:07 AM

Friday, did some chores, drank some beer, ate Basil for dinner.

Saturday, mowed grass and went to karaoke party at my mom's house. Got pretty intoxicated. Didn't pee myself.

Sunday, surprised mawmaw and pawpaw by showing up to KFC where they eat their Sunday dinner. Stopped by The Craft Stand on my way outta town. Cooked a steak and brussels sprouts.

Now i'm here. The end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Solid weekend

Aug 6, 2018, 8:12 AM

Friday after work I did some grocery shopping, came home and cooked dinner, watched a little Netflix and chilled.

Saturday I worked from home for a few hours while sonof helped his grandmother move into a new house. gf of ran some bday errands for TOTE1 as his bday is tomorrow. Daughterof couldn't stand to wait until tomorrow so she gave me my gift (clemson tshirt that says Touch the Rock lulz)

After work I headed over to a buddy's wearhouse to look for sailboat parts (another thread) and then took the kids shopping for back to school clothes. Hit up cookout for a burger and milkshake.

Saturday evening sonof went to a buddy's bday party so daughterof and I headed out to the lake to cruise around. A coworker that lives on the lake called us to come by her place to kill a snake. Turns out it was a 6 ft black snake that hid in the hole of a tree so no killing was needed. Headed home to crash

Sunday we cleaned house in the morning and had a late breakfast. Headed over to see the sailboat we're purchasing to make sure it was in good shape and had everything it needed. Told the guy we'd be back Thursday to buy it. Took daughterof to Wompus Woods to fill out an application to "work" there and then we headed home for the rest of the day. It was nice to see a weekend w/o rain for once this summer.

Aug 6, 2018, 8:13 AM

For srs

highlight: dinner with friends we hadn’t seen in a long while

lowlight: lunch at that crazy cat lounge in G’ville wife had fun so I guess I’ve started building hubby points for football season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: 6/10

Aug 6, 2018, 8:20 AM

was sick most of the day Saturday, but the weather was awesome all weekend. Makes up for something after all the rain.

Sunday, had dinner delivered from Sisters of the New South. Good ole soul food fixin! Fried chicken, ribs, mac and cheese, green beans, smashed taters, and cornbread. Yes, I am eating leftovers for lunch.

Was able to get a little trim painted on the remodel project, and finally closer to buttoning up that end of the house before moving on to the kitchen project.

All in all, decent. Still above ground this glorious Monday. Wood dew again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally, after 3 months of waiting beary patiently

Aug 6, 2018, 8:22 AM

step-sis was in town?***

Aug 6, 2018, 10:39 AM

Aug 6, 2018, 8:35 AM

Babysat all weekend. Didn't have to work. Wifes annoying friend stayed with us all weekend. Bottled my saison Saturday. Cooked a Grapefruit IPA Sunday.

4/10. would be a 2/10 if i didn't make beer

I enjoyed my weekend very much, thanks for asking.

Aug 6, 2018, 8:41 AM

Friday, took half day and went to RH Mom's and cleaned the pool since RH Sis was in Canton, Ohio for the Hall of Fame game and Brian Dawkins induction ceremony. Went home and drank a couple of beers to get that Friday buzz level adjusted, the off to the 50th annual Ed Brown Rodeo in Blacksburg, SC. Huge fun, but sadly it's a family event and no alcohol allowed on the grounds. Easy to see from many of the people there how that could quickly get out of hand. Still had a great time. Came home and drank a couple more beers before bed so my body wouldn't go into shock from low weekend alcohol blood level.

Saturday, got up and did the coffee, chores, ride to the dump with the pup then over to RH Mom's to hang out and let my pup with Joonyer's pup. hung out for a few hours, then back home to gather gear for LOUD rock and roll jam session. Started at 4:30 and played until 11:30 with only a couple of breaks. Had a guest guitarist join us for a few hours and it was fun running through some of his material. Had a blast but my back was a little sore after jamming for that long.

Sunday, lazy morning getting coffee-stoned by doing massive Keurig hits. Finally started working on spaghetti sauce with home-growed 'maters that were starting to get soft. Figured sauce was the best way to make sure they did not go to waste. Let it simmer all day, went to check on RH Mom, then to grocery store, then back to the house to bake the bread and cook the pasta. Put together a plate for Mom, got her fed and cleaned up then back home so I could eat. Spaghetti turned out awesome, ate too much, watched a few episodes of latest Orange Is The New Black season, the watched Preacher, then crashed.

Weekend was definitely RH Tig-worthy 11/10.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of face melting

Aug 6, 2018, 8:48 AM

Friday - Phish...had pretty decent seats, good show. Uber situation after the show was a complete and utter disaster, got stuck in the lot for an hour before finally finding someone to take us home.

Saturday - Phish, this time was in the pit with the wooks. First set melted any part of my face that was still left: Chalk Dust, Wolfman, Divided Sky and Character Zero. Left a little early because of Uber disaster from last night, found a cab and we just took it. Guy ran the meter and I can see why cabs are a dying business as it was almost $90 to get back into town.

Sunday - Hungover AF all day

not good: some bike, no boat, ball or booty! friday was meh

Aug 6, 2018, 9:37 AM

had to run some errands saturday and since it hadn't rained since friday morning i decided to take the harley. between the 2nd and 3rd errand a guy turned left out in front of me. it happened so fast i didn't even get out an oh ####. i went over the handlebars landed on the hood of his car and ended up in the road. my bike is effed up purty bad. i, by the grace of God, have nothing broken but i'm sore as hell (hence no booty)

yesterday i hung out with my new friend hydracodine,

Glad you are just sore

Aug 6, 2018, 10:12 AM

Sorry about your bike

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Well, it finally quit raining so that was nice

Aug 6, 2018, 9:39 AM

Had a bunch of fuel to burn this weekend, so we ran all over the lake. Friday didn't do anything, was too wet to cut grass so that had to wait.

Had some friends arrive Saturday morning, then we hopped on the boat to head to the marina to eat lunch. Food was good, but it took forever. Made a run up to the ###, up the Tugaloo a little bit, then back down around Portman. Pondered how nice one of those 30' cabin cruisers with air conditioning would be. Didn't get home till about 10:00, and crashed.

Took it easy Sunday, tried to get my Garmin to keep from cutting out. Still haven't fixed it, dunno w tf is going on but it works if we go slow so I guess that'll have to do for now. Thought we were going to get nailed by a storm, but Perry Noble must have intervened because it broke up right before it got to us.

Feels like the weekend lasted maybe 4 hours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How amazeballs did the lake feel on Saturday?

Aug 6, 2018, 10:53 AM

I guessed it was around 86. We did some laking at the in-laws all day Saturday.

It was actually about 85 degrees this weekend, so you were

Aug 6, 2018, 10:59 AM

close. That was down from 88 last weekend though, but I thought it felt warmer this weekend for some reason.

But yeah, this is prime time floating season. My favorite time of year, I almost don't want football to start so I can get more lake time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decent

Aug 6, 2018, 9:47 AM

Friday: nothing of note, watched some QB1 on Netflix, which isn't bad

Saturday: tax-free shopping for my daughter, could not find her sized, ended up buying on Amazon. Drove to a dealer and test drove a Hyundai, was planning on grilling on the hood later (zettner ) but ran out of time. Grilled chicken and green beans and bed early

Sunday: this is the most dreaded day of the year as Tharealdonjuan can attest. We meet over by Tiggity®'s place, maybe even ryanadidas too, scokker coaches all over the state to make our schedules for games. It's always a tdrake® show. It may be frustrating but at least you never leave thinking you got a good deal. Best part of the day was eating at the Cootlumbia Waffle House.

Watched more QB1

6.7/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got decked

Aug 6, 2018, 9:54 AM
IMG_8992.jpg(90.8 K)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

That's a small one

Aug 6, 2018, 9:56 AM

TXtigerfan likes a really big deck

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dogof had a pillow fight and won

Aug 6, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I got decked ]
IMG_8980.jpg(109.7 K)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he shed or she shed?***

Aug 6, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to I got decked ]

he***

Aug 6, 2018, 10:08 AM

Putting a roof on that?

Aug 6, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to I got decked ]

I've been thinking of doing that on mine. I should have just bought it with an entrance roof.

That's the next step, wanted to get the posts in the ground

Aug 6, 2018, 10:56 AM

and the deck on. Maybe this fall between Clemson games I'll start the roof. Thinking about going with the tin roof

Re: That's the next step, wanted to get the posts in the ground

Aug 6, 2018, 12:04 PM

always do sheds with metal. Faster, cheaper,longer lasting, and easier to install than shingles. I only do shingles If I come across some on the cheap

Holy chit

Aug 6, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I got decked ]

I think you need to get bengaline to give you some photography lessons

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

FIFY

Aug 6, 2018, 10:50 AM

Arrived at the family sea shack in North Dirty Myrtle Fri, 7/27. Proceeded to eat very unhealthy foods, drink way too much alcohol, stay up extremely late, and segx up the wife. In other words, it was fucking fantastic, thank you for asking. Managed to get a couple decent ninjas in WSB while there. Arrived home this past Saturday, exhausted and overweight. Immediately begin putting finishing touches on wedding re-ceremony for this upcoming Saturday.

69/69, wood dew again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's a wedding re-ceremony?

Aug 6, 2018, 10:53 AM

Do you have to go through the entire wedding again or something? I'd leave my family before I did that, I think.

We never really had

Aug 6, 2018, 10:58 AM

a real ceremony, we just went to the courthouse and got a marriage license. So we are having a wedding ceremony this weekend on our third anniversary. It's not really renewing of vows, so can't call it that either. I'm just not good at coming up with clever names.

How about "free beer for Flow0440 to make up...

Aug 6, 2018, 11:23 AM

for not giving him free beer when married 3yrs ago"??

Whatever you want to call it

Aug 6, 2018, 11:44 AM

Hope you like snooty IPAs

I like FREE snooty IPAs!...

Aug 6, 2018, 11:50 AM

now throw in a snooty Pilsner and we'll be in business.

You're going to kill SKF if you only have craft brews there with high alch%.

There will be plenty of

Aug 6, 2018, 12:02 PM

miller lite, bud light, budweiser available

good but i'm worried bout tiggity's water leak***

Aug 6, 2018, 11:02 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was exhausted from being rained out all week so...

Aug 6, 2018, 11:09 AM

I took the weekend off to recuperate. I'm still need a nap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than last weekend...

Aug 6, 2018, 11:20 AM

Still on crutches and still on an emotional roller coaster from the other incident. Been praying alot (yes, i really have)
Lucky I am alive.

Ready for college football!!

Spotthedangball

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Aug 6, 2018, 11:36 AM

Friday: Not much because of the rain.

Saturday: There was a strange yellow orb in the sky. It was warm, so I decided to clean the deck and mow.

Sunday: Morning on the lake. Beers, music and grilling on said deck in the evening.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Messin' with the federales

Aug 6, 2018, 11:44 AM
subs.jpg(57.5 K)

Only day that was memorable was Sunday.

Took the boat north to fresh water and rode around a bit past the naval weapons station. Those are the two nuclear propulsion training subs, and I think they have live reactors on them, and that's why they are guarded 24x7. See that boat in the circle? Yeah, he's got a BAR .50 cal on the back that when they start moving, is manned. He was heading me off at the pass so to speak.

That picture sucks

Aug 6, 2018, 12:00 PM

I'm not sure why T-net made it so small.

Here they are on Google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cooper+River/@32.9502358,-79.9270123,719a,35y,180h,39.26t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88fe70bc6b61aaa7:0xfc3eee450e561ab3!8m2!3d32.7785099!4d-79.903976

And a google image pic

Lots of great music

Aug 6, 2018, 11:51 AM

Phish had a great run in GA and Sunday night did not disappoint in the pit, loved the I Believe in Miracles bookends and Tweezer Reprise was awesome

Glad there is not another show tonight

Details:

https://www.jambase.com/article/phish-concludes-2018-alpharetta-run-recap-setlist-skinny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 38
| visibility 615
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic