Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Better question:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 490

Better question:

Dec 2, 2013, 9:51 AM

Were you more satisfied with our program (1) under Bowden, winning no more than 8 or 9 games but beating SC 4 straight, or (2) under Swinney, winning 10 & 11 games a year, but not beating SC? What I want more than anything (even beating SC) is to have the best possible program at Clemson for many years to come. I believe Dabo gives us the best chance for that. Eventually, the wins at SC will come if our program remains strong. Overall, I have enjoyed Clemson football more in the last few years than I ever did under Bowden because we are a better program & nationally relevant for the first time in decades.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it differently

Dec 2, 2013, 9:54 AM

Under Bowden we lost games we shouldn't have, didn't win ACC Titles, but beat the coots.

Under Dabo we win games we should, we lucked into one ACC title, and can't beat the coots.

If Dabo can't reverse the trend with our rival, then I'd prefer to revert back to CTB days

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Better question:

Dec 2, 2013, 10:01 AM

I'll respect your opinion, but I can't relate to that at all. It was far more frustrating to be a fan during the Bowden era, even with all the wins over the coots. Beating South Carolina was the only achievement we had under Bowden. Now, if we don't win another ACC title or beat the coots over the next 5 years, that's a different story. I just feel confident that with the direction of our program, we'll do both again real soon.

I will take Dabo

Dec 2, 2013, 10:14 AM

That said, I will not let up on him until we consistently beat USuC. He is definitely a step up from Bowden but we need some mental toughness we obviously are lacking.

Waiting on Dabo...

Dec 2, 2013, 10:19 AM

A buddy of mine went to Florida. He is a huge gators fan. He went to SC for law school. When I told him how many people were calling for Dabo's job on here, his response was "you guys need to be patient with him. When Spurrier retires you guys are going to OWN this state." Interesting outsiders perspective.

Replies: 4
| visibility 490
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic