Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best ever opening TV show scene-Newsroom
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 857

Best ever opening TV show scene-Newsroom

Apr 6, 2020, 9:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEyUWKJFER8

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, Tiger2Time.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:59 AM

The love of that scene is always a great litmus test as to whether it’s worth my time interacting with a new poster.

null

Re: Thank you, Tiger2Time.

Apr 6, 2020, 10:07 AM

Not sure how to reply other than sometimes the truth hurts. Dispute those outdated facts, worse today by the way. Is the USA a great country, I think we were at one point but have lost our way. Can we be great again? Yes but we are going to have to think and go in a different direction to achieve it. It may take time to nudge it to where we need to go to be great as a radical change invites nothing but turmoil.

Apr 6, 2020, 10:30 AM

Isn't what you describe as "needed" exactly what has been going on since Trump announced his candidacy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 10:34 AM

Not hardly, or by any stretch of imagination. MAGA has been very harmeful in many ways to making this Nation great, it has been good for enriching the wealthy though by any measure. I do not decry the wealthy their earned wealth or think they should pay for all services but dang dude come on.

I’m sorry I can’t get that 4 min and 33 secs back

Apr 6, 2020, 11:38 AM

Re: I’m sorry I can’t get that 4 min and 33 secs back

Apr 6, 2020, 11:48 AM

Your loss but the FACTS stated have only gotten worse. I know you may not like the facts but they are facts none the less.

Apr 6, 2020, 11:52 AM

Apr 6, 2020, 12:03 PM

1st define criteria then we can talk. See, in the USA the ability to come from nothing and make yourself a millionaire is valued by certain sections of the population. Some may find education or health care the #1 issue, others national defense. No food insecurity, even though I despise the term, living wages and housing.

No system is perfect and all have their own limitations and liabilities but to proclaim the USA #1 across the globe is folly. My point is that we can do a shyte ton better for our population and maybe we can be great or greatest. Our Nation is made up of a diverse population and a lot of those are not living the dream, some of those counted by wildly outdated numbers to be considered middle class.

Apr 6, 2020, 12:18 PM

Apr 6, 2020, 1:07 PM

Once again let me explain, criteria on a personal level does not compute on a national level. My situation differs from the vast majority of citizens in the USA and I am cognizant of that fact.

I do not owe anything as far as debt, do not live paycheck to paycheck,great medical coverage for me / wife at $400/month. My kids were educated in private schools, their University paid for in cash. They are home owners without debt so their perspective is far different than than their peers.

The USA works for us, simple as that, but we know it’s a far different life than most. Now ask the workers at Walmart,Amazon warehouses/ deliveries or the waitress/waiter and they will have a far different point of view.

Apr 6, 2020, 1:29 PM

The whole clip is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDpZ7w9uNuc

Most people have the same opportunities here

Apr 6, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m sorry I can’t get that 4 min and 33 secs back ]

Must have been its best scene. It only made it 2 seasons

Apr 6, 2020, 12:22 PM

I guess there's only so much self righteousness and melodrama about working in a dying medium that anyone can take.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This discussion could be never-ending.

Apr 6, 2020, 12:30 PM

There is something special about the United States that I have a hard time describing. We are innovative and independent. But, even qualities that I like about the US could be viewed as negatives.

"Quality of life" is not something that is prioritized here. There is so much disparity in this country, and a medical bill can burden a family for years. I don't like that. I also hate our suburban development pattern, our conspiracy theorists, and ignorant people.

However, we live in a beautiful country that provides opportunity to creative, driven people. It is not perfect, but that is cool.

It's an interesting discussion! We're more stressed, spend more time in our cars, less happy, take fewer vacations, and are more obese than most countries we are compared to. It is embarassing to me, and I honestly would prefer that our society prioritize wellbeing for average people. I don't need a bunch of crap to be happy.

Replies: 14
| visibility 857
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic