Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best Conference 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Best Conference 2017

Dec 16, 2017, 8:53 AM

With 5 SEC teams playing on New Years Day, two of them in the CFP.......discuss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh...NO !!!

Dec 16, 2017, 8:55 AM

From top to bottom the $EC, especially the $EC Last, is a total train wreck. The fact that Bama managed to bribe and backdoor their way itoe the CFP doesn't change that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And just to think

Dec 16, 2017, 8:57 AM

I used to sort of like that supermutt guy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Best Conference 2017

Dec 16, 2017, 8:57 AM

What does playing on New year's day have to do with anything? The bowls the sec plays in are contractual. This has to be the dumbest talking point I've heard.

Dags are obedient. ..not smart***

Dec 16, 2017, 2:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dags are obedient. ..not smart***

Dec 16, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Best Conference 2017 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 16, 2017, 8:59 AM

The Outback bowl - give me a break, two sorry a** 8-4 teams that could have easily been 6-6. All this shows is that the SEC is consistently overrated and they have better tie-in bowls than more deserving conferences.

Dec 16, 2017, 9:00 AM

They need to put Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, FSU, and Ohio St in the same conference. Then there would be no argument of SEC being the best conference. Because if you take all these teams out there is no more debate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 9:05 AM

The Bias to Sec teams is real. I mean how do you get rewarded for not playing for your conference title let alone you don’t have to risk injuries in an extra game? And also your schedule plain out sucks! All Bama had to do was lose and sit back and drink beer and eat potato chips.... ridiculous.

Dec 16, 2017, 11:11 AM

So was there big 10 boas last year when Ohio st got in the playoffs and didn’t play for a conference championship?

No, they had a ridiculous slate of wins

Dec 16, 2017, 12:53 PM

They had like 3 top 10 wins last year. That is why they got in. Different situations

Snowflake Basher........Out

UGA doesn't belong in the same sentence as the elites***

Dec 16, 2017, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Best Conference 2017 ]

Dec 16, 2017, 9:02 AM

Only 2 things you need to know, first is New Years Day bowl games aren't what they use to be because average bowl games had to take the place of the semi-final bowl games and second South Carolina is actually playing in a NYD bowl game so not sure I'd scream that off the top of skyscrapers.

The coots are the outright second place team in your division

Dec 16, 2017, 9:03 AM

Georgia is good. Your competition? Not so much.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best Conference 2017***

Dec 16, 2017, 9:03 AM

sec is way way down***

Dec 16, 2017, 9:07 AM

Dec 16, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Best Conference 2017*** ]

Given UGA’s apparent return to relevance this would be more accurate and just as amusing if the Bama figure were walking the dawg with a leash.

WL

Dec 16, 2017, 9:09 AM

If we want to play that game, I'll be perfectly fine looking back on the season and reflecting on the fact that the Tigers beat the top 2 teams in both divisions of the SEC. In actuality, however, it'll probably only be 2 from the west, 1 from the east, and the best the Big 12 has to offer. Thanks for mentioning, though.

Go Tigers!

acc is clearly the best conference and with that being said

Dec 16, 2017, 9:12 AM

its complete "fagginess" to even start a poast about conference. you could not possibly be any gay-er.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

A Composite of 115 DIFFERENT Polls doesn't see it

Dec 16, 2017, 9:16 AM

that way. If you want to delve in further and separate divisions, the SECleast comes in at 9th best division,last in the P%

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2017/conference/

You'll see, your DAWGS are propped by playing the worst division in P5 Football. That's just the facts, discuss that !

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dec 16, 2017, 9:17 AM

Yeah ,it's wrong to point out your own post, but wanted the flea bitten varmint to see facts and not the fantasy world he lives in.

If Georgia can get past Oklahoma...

Dec 16, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to A Composite of 115 DIFFERENT Polls doesn't see it ]

Clemson will absolutely stomp their a$$ in the Championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Southern Conference is better than sec east***

Dec 16, 2017, 9:20 AM

Troll posts like this are why I really TNet anymore if ever.***

Dec 16, 2017, 9:19 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 9:19 AM

But UGA plays in the worst division benefiting from playing teams that fired their coach.
The Dawgs are moving in the right direction I will give you that.
But this year it's all fools gold and you will find out fast when OU embarrasses your team.
Besides Auburn which beat you once y'all played nobody.
I hope we get to do the embarrassing but without a passing game we will not see you this season

Dec 16, 2017, 9:28 AM

So, how many of those bowls are actually conference TIE-IN games that happens every year? Funny how we live "rent free" in this butthead's mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 9:40 AM

With 5 SEC teams playing on New Years Day, two of them in the CFP.......discuss.

I'm thinking supermutt wants to change the subject from Salyer. Yall better hope Smart can close the deal this weekend pup!

A weak conference had a couple ok teams that

Dec 16, 2017, 9:45 AM

Played cupcakes all season. Bowl results should reflect the truth.

I remember a few years back the sec arguement for not having more teams on the top in big bowls was because conference games were tough so they kept beating each other up.

I cannot wait til Georgia wakes up Jan 9th

Dec 16, 2017, 9:51 AM

And realizes the reason they are where they are is because the SEC is so weak, if they make it that far

oklahoma will destroy uga***

Dec 16, 2017, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Discuss this

Dec 16, 2017, 9:56 AM

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 81.67 81.83 ( 1) 7 81.67 ( 1)
2 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 80.59 81.09 ( 2) 7 80.80 ( 2)
3 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 79.58 79.41 ( 3) 7 79.44 ( 3)
4 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 78.62 77.49 ( 4) 6 78.54 ( 4)
5 BIG 12 (A) = 78.05 76.90 ( 5) 10 77.93 ( 5)
6 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 76.39 76.56 ( 6) 7 76.49 ( 6)
7 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 76.37 75.95 ( 8) 7 76.22 ( 7)
8 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 75.93 76.32 ( 7) 6 76.17 ( 8)
9 SEC-EAST (A) = 72.18 73.57 ( 9) 7 72.54 ( 9)

You sound like a gamecock. All o care about is we would beat you on the field

Dec 16, 2017, 12:54 PM

If we end up playing you. We are a superior team that’s what I care about, underdawg. We would be the top dawg.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Riding that conference narrative, huh?

Dec 16, 2017, 10:07 AM

Shame you don't present your OWN merits. Always pathetic to see a team bow to the "conference" argument.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Dawgs have to, Big Brother Bama had to rough up

Dec 16, 2017, 10:11 AM

Auburn for them to have a chance. They owe their spot to the conference.

Boasting about your conference

Dec 16, 2017, 10:15 AM

Is arguably the stupidest thing in football. You're basically pulling for 14 teams instead of just 1. I like for the ACC to do good because it reflects on Clemson and we get money out of it but I don't really care in the overall picture. It's not something that you get a trophy for. If someone from your conference wins the national championship, do the other 14 teams get a trophy too? No, but they'd like one.

I'll bite though, the SEC is the 3rd best conference in the country. It's too top heavy and the rest is absolute garbage. When half of your conference fires their coaches, that's trash. When that Coot team can go 8-4 in the SEC Least, that's a problem. They didn't blow them out or anything, it was like watching two 95 year old women fight. It was outrageously boring to watch SEC football this year (outside Iron Bowl).

Tennessee = trash, they've been trash for a long time
Arkansas = trash
Florida = trash
Ole Miss = trash and now probation trash at that
Missouri = trash
Vanderbilt = trash
South Carolina = proven to be forever trash
Kentucky = trash

When was the last time LSU was absolutely great or terrifying to play? 2011-12? Auburn only has a good year every 3 years, *yawn*. Georgia is finally relevant in how long? Since 2012 with Aaron Murray? Still didn't really do anything then. Miss St. is carried by really good QB's (Dak and Fitzgerald) but the rest of the team are no better than Kentucky players.

Your conference isn't what it seems to be. If Clemson played in the SEC Least, you can gurantee us in the Championship every year.

The SEC hasn't been good as a whole since 2010-12. Don't give me that stupid my conference is better than yours. It's retarded and doesn't prove anything, nor do the football history books recall conferences being the best. Just pull for your team and be done with it there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 10:50 AM

We will find out after bowl season like we did last year.

I know, the SEC has been furnishing asz on NY day for...

Dec 16, 2017, 11:15 AM

over ten years now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We heard that crap last year...

Dec 16, 2017, 11:15 AM

...when the ACC went 9-3 in bowls and the SEC went 6-7.

Bark up another tree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Time of Death for Superdawg51’s dignity: about 8:30 am, 2/16/17...

Dec 16, 2017, 12:26 PM

...when he came onto the defending champion’s fan site to talk conference smack.

null

Dec 16, 2017, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

SEC gets better bowl games b/c they bring more fans

Dec 16, 2017, 1:31 PM

BC, Wake, Miami, et al are solid teams with no fanbase. Louis and NCst have a few fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 3:53 PM

I merely posted some factual information and asked for discussion. I never gave an opinion on the subject.

The SEC was the only conference with more than a single school vying for a playoff position as well.......3 as a matter of fact.

If you give the SEC credit for 3 potential playoff teams

Dec 16, 2017, 3:55 PM

you have to give the ACC and Big Ten credit for 2. Miami could've gotten in with a win over Clemson, Wisconsin was in with a win over OSU, and OSU obviously had a case to make it in as well.

Dec 16, 2017, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Best Conference 2017 ]

The SEC's top teams benefit on the mediocrity throughout the division/conference... When USC had a close game against the SEC champs, but took almost 4 quarters to get past the 50 against Clemson should be something to think about.

Who's the UGa asst' in charge of

Dec 16, 2017, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Best Conference 2017 ]

bail disbursement??

He should get a raise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic