Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know what Perry Noble said at NewSpring church sun.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Anyone know what Perry Noble said at NewSpring church sun.

Nov 28, 2011, 11:54 PM

I bet it wasn't pretty after what he said after the NC State game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably some rant along the lines of "They say..

Nov 29, 2011, 12:02 AM

we don't preach out of the Bible here, well..." bla bla bla.

The few times I've been all the guy does is rant about what people say about Newspring.

Well I say it's a cult. Go rant about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Probably some rant along the lines of "They say..

Nov 29, 2011, 12:12 AM

So you're a member of a cult then, huh?

Nov 29, 2011, 12:14 AM

It's not a cult.Go try it.I think you'll like it

Yeah, singing Lips of an Angel in church is awesome.***

Nov 29, 2011, 12:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NewSpring is not for everyone

Nov 29, 2011, 12:54 AM

I wish you the best and hope you find a church that's right for you.

LOL, no.***

Nov 29, 2011, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably some rant along the lines of "They say.. ]

Nov 29, 2011, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Probably some rant along the lines of "They say.. ]

Sorry you feel that way.Perry is bringing in thousands of kids who love what there doing for them.Lots of kids off the streets learning about God

That sounds like a good thing, but a preacher has no place..

Nov 29, 2011, 12:15 AM

to #### and moan about a football game during a sermon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That sounds like a good thing, but a preacher has no place..

Nov 29, 2011, 12:19 AM

He only speaks alittle on it because he is the CHAplin for the football team

oh, my question is was he pissing and moaning about it or...

Nov 29, 2011, 12:22 AM

did he just touch on the topic good heartedly for a moment or two?

Is he giving these "kids off the streets" a job, because

Nov 29, 2011, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Probably some rant along the lines of "They say.. ]

that is what they need.

Re: Is he giving these "kids off the streets" a job, because

Nov 29, 2011, 12:20 AM

He actually is giving job to certain kids,

kind of hard to find jobs for kids, when manufacturing jobs

Nov 29, 2011, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Is he giving these "kids off the streets" a job, because ]

have been outsourced overseas. And middle class jobs have been outsourced within the USA to immigrants on H-1 visas.

Good God....

Nov 29, 2011, 7:09 AM

Sounds like you need a psychiatrist, not a church.

So a preacher is pissing and moaning about what happened...

Nov 29, 2011, 12:14 AM

in a football game. Dude needs to get a priority check. He is a preacher not a coach. What kind of church is this?

Re: Anyone know what Perry Noble said at NewSpring church sun.

Nov 29, 2011, 12:15 AM

what did he say after NCST?

Re: Anyone know what Perry Noble said at NewSpring church sun.

Nov 29, 2011, 12:22 AM

I cant remember all he said he only spent a few minutes on it kids love it there

I podcast him all the time, never heard

Nov 29, 2011, 12:26 AM

That. I have heard hundreds of people being saved though. That dude is getting it done over there. Its not your granny's church, and that bothers people for some reason. Lives are being changed; isnt that what it is really all about?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a for-profit church. That's all you need to know.***

Nov 29, 2011, 12:29 AM

I happen to love that church and I'm sorry you feel that way

Nov 29, 2011, 12:51 AM

Considering I did get saved there. NewSpring is not for everybody. I hope that you find a church that fits your needs.

once again I have to wonder how you can consider one moment

Nov 29, 2011, 12:55 AM

as getting saved. Faith is a lifelong process. If you believe its great but you must live like a God-fearing man.

you're exactly right***

Nov 29, 2011, 12:56 AM

I was saved this past Easter

Nov 29, 2011, 12:58 AM [ in reply to once again I have to wonder how you can consider one moment ]

I wish you the best in your walk with the Lord. Have a nice day. :)

so your home free then?***

Nov 29, 2011, 12:59 AM

I'm ending this discussing

Nov 29, 2011, 1:01 AM

Have a nice day. :)

And by saved,

Nov 29, 2011, 1:00 AM [ in reply to I was saved this past Easter ]

I mean I prayed the sinner's prayer and Jesus came into my heart and forgived my sins, just like he can for every other sinner who believes. I may not be perfect but I am forgiven.

Easter is the name of a pagan fertility Goddess….

Nov 29, 2011, 1:10 AM [ in reply to I was saved this past Easter ]

that's where the bunny rabbits and eggs come from in relation to Easter. It's funny how paganism gets weaved into Christian Holidays.

so at what point do people become saved?

Nov 29, 2011, 12:30 AM [ in reply to I podcast him all the time, never heard ]

is it like getting a vote in an election. One time deal and that's all she wrote?

Our priest moans about the Eagles all the time

Nov 29, 2011, 12:29 AM

It's a light-hearted thing to set up a sermon

Perry isnt the Chaplin. He is just a fan.***

Nov 29, 2011, 12:30 AM

Re: LOL, no.

Nov 29, 2011, 12:32 AM

Church isnt about life change? What is it about then?

a ppace where people can all get together with common

Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM

beliefes and judge people who don't share the same beliefs

It does change some people for the better though***

Nov 29, 2011, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL, no. ]

People are saved when they believe

Nov 29, 2011, 12:38 AM

Jesus is God. When they believe Jesus is God become a man, who came here to live the life people couldnt live, and died the death people deserve, in our place for our sins. And that God resurrected Jesus from the dead, so that people can be reconciled back to God. Thats what salvation is.

Re: People are saved when they believe

Nov 29, 2011, 12:41 AM

They have campuses in Anderson,Greenville,Columbia,Florence and Charlestown.Believe me,this thing is working.Go to newsprings.cc and check it out.

Salvation is falling what the Torah and Tanak teaches and...

Nov 29, 2011, 1:07 AM [ in reply to People are saved when they believe ]

following the teachings of Yeshua (Jesus) and his disciples, which are based off of the Torah and Tanak. Simply stating that you believe Jesus was resurrected is not salvation, if you don't live by the teachings of Yeshua and his disciples which were based off of the Torah and Tanak. Nobody is perfect, but you need to strive to abide by what is taught by the Torah, Tanak, and the teachings of Yeshua (Jesus) and his disciples.

A lot of so called Christian's need to get back in touch with the judaism of what Yeshua (Jesus) taught. Instead of following theology from the 17th or 18th century, or following the flawed teachings of New Age Christianity.

Originally Christianity wasn't a break away sect from Judaism. Originally Christianity was a sect of Judaism whose followers were called Nazarenes. The term Christian was originally applied to the gentile followers of the Hebrew God.

Re: Salvation is falling what the Torah and Tanak teaches and...

Nov 29, 2011, 7:04 AM

I think you meant following instead of "falling." Jesus did quote from Torah and the Tanach frequently as an observant Jewish Rabbi would. John tells us that He was the Torah made flesh, so one needs to simply put their faith in Jesus as Messiah to be saved. However if you want to go deeper, by all means read and study Torah and Tanach,(writings and prohets) to grow your in your faith. (Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.)

Go Tigers!

Was curious what was said so looked up the video

Nov 29, 2011, 12:42 AM

He told Clemson fans to shut up about being disappointed. Ironic that he says he's a Clemson fan but is at home and not at the Wake Forest game supporting the players and University. There where plenty of tickets available and I am pretty sure he can afford tickets with the amount of members that church has. Until he actually invests in Clemson then he might want to think about what he says about others. He also might want to pick up the Bible and read this verse: Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Here is the video. Skip to 55:30 http://newspring.cc/series/the-life-of-job/getting-past-the-performance-trap/

I go to NewSpring and love it

Nov 29, 2011, 12:53 AM

There is no such thing as the perfect preacher, including Perry. I go to the church and even I don't agree with everything he says. However, it was where I came to know the Lord.

And, for that, I am thankful.

You just described religion. Christianity

Nov 29, 2011, 12:44 AM

Isnt a religion. Religion is all about what people do to be closer to God, Christianity is all about what God did to be closer to people. People have perverted Christianity, but people cant change what God intended. Hypocrisy is prevalent in church today, but you shouldnt throw out the baby with the bath water.

That verse means that by the same

Nov 29, 2011, 12:55 AM

Standard you judge others, the same standard will be applied to you. Its simply a lesson on hypocrisy...of which all people are guilty.

Being saved isnt about what you do

Nov 29, 2011, 1:00 AM

Its about what He did. Its like getting married. You say "I do" in a single moment and you are married. Then you spend the rest of your life growing closer together. Being a good spouse doesnt make you married. Being saved is a belief that you are married. Christians dont live God fearing lives so that they can be saved, they live it because they are saved.

Jesus said he came to fulfill the Hebrew

Nov 29, 2011, 1:33 AM

Laws, not to abolish them. The Law was just a shadow of what was to come. If people are saved by keeping those rules, why arent there animal sacrifices anymore? The sacrifice of animals as atonement for ones sins was fulfilled by Jesus as the final sacrifice. Jesus completed all the requirements of the Hebrew Law for people who believe. He gifts his righteousness to us. Thats not 18th century teachings, thats the New Testament. Christians dont have a license to live however they want. God knows that if you truly understand the grace, you will live a life that strives for good. Again, we dont live good lives so God will love us, we live good lives because he loves us.

Laws is a mistranslation of the Hebrew word Torah….

Nov 29, 2011, 1:55 AM

Torah when translated to English means instructions, not law. You're right about the Christian view point about animal sacrifices. But even the Jews don't practice animal sacrifices any more, because they only believed in doing animal sacrifices in the Holy Temple of Jerusalem when King Solomon built it. Here is a link explaining that: http://judaism.about.com/od/abcsofjudaism/f/sacrifices_stop.htm

You're contradicting yourself about Yeshua (Jesus). You state he came to fulfill the Torah. Yeshua stressed the importance about following the Torah. Salvation comes from believing in Elohim, believing that Yeshua the Messiah was the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, and following the teachings of the Torah, Tanak, and the teachings of Yeshua and his disciples. Modern Christians misinterpret what the New Testament says about the Torah. The sacrifice of Yeshua (Jesus) did not abolish the teaching of the Torah and the Tanak.

It would benefit you greatly, if you did some research on the original followers of Yeshua (Jesus) and what they believed in and what Yeshua taught. Oh and one thing about the New Testament, Paul only wrote 7 of the 13 letters attributed to him. The others were written in his name, trying to use his authority to validate the view of the original writer. The pastoral epistles attributed to Paul, were not written by him. This has been confirmed through analysis of his writing styles. And even the ones Paul wrote have been mistranslated and changed to fit the view of the scribe writing or translating the text.

Here are some books if you want to learn about the real paul:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/misquoting-jesus-bart-d-ehrman/1100833134?ean=9780060859510&itm=3&usri=bart+d+ehrman

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/peter-paul-and-mary-magdalene-bart-d-ehrman/1101126116?ean=9780195343502&itm=9&usri=bart+d+ehrman

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/in-search-of-paul-john-dominic-crossan/1100616332?ean=9780060816162&itm=10&usri=john+dominic+crossan

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/first-paul-marcus-j-borg/1101352608?ean=9780061430732&itm=4&usri=john+dominic+crossan

Our preacher is a coot fan, after sc beat Bama last year

Nov 29, 2011, 7:20 AM

He began the announcements by saying, "Isn't it a great day to be from SC!" which prompted cheers from the coots in church.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic