Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey grandpa what's for supper?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Hey grandpa what's for supper?

Jan 19, 2020, 6:52 PM

Tonite I'm by meself as granny has gone to the lake with her two sisters.

me had pork loin, brown rice with pork gravy, and string beans. Hmmm good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pork chops, English Peas and Cauliflower Rice***

Jan 19, 2020, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brunswick Stew from Major Q

Jan 19, 2020, 6:54 PM

ate the brisket earlier.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

made tacos for momma n dem

Jan 19, 2020, 7:03 PM

When did they invent square bottom taco shells?

None of that fancy Tex Mex stuff
Ground beef with Ortega seasoning, shredded white cheddar, slivered romaine, diced romas, and mom had homemade sour cream

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Mamanem!***

Jan 19, 2020, 7:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey grandpa what's for supper?

Jan 19, 2020, 7:11 PM

I had some left over pork tenderloin from yesterday that I didnt want to waste, so I chopped it up in small pieces, fried some taco shells, diced some onions, grated some cheese, made some guac, and ate a few tacos, and now I am having a couple beers watching football. That was my dinner. Solo with my dog.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heading to Grumpy's Sports Bar

Jan 19, 2020, 7:25 PM

for bar food, beer and watching football. Usually get the wings because they are awesome, but feeling like maybe something else tonight. We will see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Heading to Grumpy's Sports Bar

Jan 19, 2020, 7:39 PM

Any chance you end up getting a few drinks and then not feeling hungry and just abandon the food part? I always eat before the bar. The meals never workout for me if I drink first at a bar. I end up later though at home eating everything in my fridge.

I am known to do that too, but not tonight

Jan 19, 2020, 7:43 PM

Going with the wife and kid #3, plus I'm pretty darn hungry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: I am known to do that too, but not tonight

Jan 19, 2020, 7:49 PM

Yeah...short leash and priorities. Makes sense.

I ordered Chinese food from the place next to Local Que.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:28 PM

It was very good and quick. No kids here bc holiday tomorrow so just having a lazy night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been scared to try it cause some of the reviews were less than stellar.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:36 PM

Best takeout Chinese in Greenville (they don’t deliver and yes I’m talking American General Tsos, sweet and sour, moo shoo pork and what not Chinese) is over in Cherrydale. Great Wall off of Poinsett Hwy. Since I moved from that side of town, a year and a half ago I have found nothing comparable. I will try Mei Garden soon. Hope it’s as good as my old joint.

Go with Happy China on verdae if that's not too far.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:42 PM

or Kannika's Thai Kitchen on Haywood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haywood Road

Jan 20, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Been scared to try it cause some of the reviews were less than stellar. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beers are flowin here.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:30 PM

Hoping the wife catches me off guard with some good takeout on her way home later.

Re: Beers are flowin here.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:35 PM

Any chance that happens?

She has to eat too and I didn’t cook.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:37 PM

If not, I got leftover sghetti and some taco meat beggin to be eaten.

Re: She has to eat too and I didn’t cook.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:42 PM

What would be the preferred fast food?

Bro, if she asks as many questions as you’re asking...

Jan 19, 2020, 7:45 PM

I’m eatin sghetti tonight.

Love you bae.

Tomato. Cucumber. And a shake.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:40 PM

10 lbs down since the natty.

Finally reintroduced food today. Should only be 4lbs a week or so from here on. Actually you lose less and less as you shrink.

Around 210 exercise starts and it drops like a rock again.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

W T F you shakin?

Jan 19, 2020, 7:43 PM

Ain’t enough shake in the world keep me full on just mater and cucumber. (Though it is a refreshing salad.)

Congrats on the weight loss. I gots to get to gettin myself.

Diet goes like this:

Jan 20, 2020, 11:43 AM

One week of nothing but 5 shakes a day (3 hours apart with maybe 30 minutes of room for error) and drinking 120oz of water a day which is super important, oh and vitamins at night for supper. Bewm, 10 lbs lost. Also ZERO exercise or even strenuous activity. Oh, and have to see a doctor before the first week, and get a bunch of tests done. EKG and blood work mainly. Then they monitor you.

I bailed early because the only side effect I have is constipation. Your bowels shut down on 500-600 calories a day. I cried uncle at day 6.

After that week (or six days for me), then you transition to 3 shakes a day, same vitamins, and you can drink clear liquids and 2 cups of coffee a day but stay away from artificial sweeteners. Then you can have 8-9oz lean protein and 4-6 cups of veggies a day (no onions, carrots, roma tomatoes, and other high sugar veggies preferably). SO you do a shake 9am-ish, noonish lunch is a McDonalds Grilled bacon ranch salad (using 1/4 the dressing) or something similar. 3pm you have shake #2. 5pm you chow down on a ton of veggies, basically all you can eat. 8pm shake #3. End the day with 800-1000 calories. Total carbs is around 30ish. They call this 3 and one, 3 shakes and a meal. Also can reduce water to 60-80 oz a day with this one. You can exercise a little, but no more than walking.

Do that until around 210 lbs then start easy exercise. Walking 30 minutes. Then power walking 30 mins. Weight will come off fast again. Slows again around 185. Then you add in a cup or two of fruit and run a mile. Then run 3 miles. Then you go to a maintenance diet and just watch your carbs/exercise. As long as you exercise VIGOROUSLY 30+ mins 3-4 times a week and eat right, weight stays off. Keep calories around 1800 a day, low carbs, 3 to 4 3 mile runs a week, and it stays off. Complex carbs are basically a permanent nono, unless you want to run more than 5-6 miles 3+ times a week. No potatoes, breads, baked goods, and anything with enriched flour as a main ingredient. Crackers, etc. Meat, dairy, veggies, and fruit is mainly what you should eat.

I know the first part is a crash diet, and sounds harsh. But honestly I tried MANY times to do the 3 and 1 diet without the crash diet period and it just didn't work. Got hungry. I have not been hungry at all this time around. On 500 calories a day you will not be hungry. You WILL lose energy, feel week, feel like crap, and get headaches. Day 1 is easy, day two starts to suck. Day 3 sucks worst. Day 4 is better. Day 5 is better. And day 6 you feel basically fine. It is amazing how your body can adapt. Basically you're going through carbohydrate withdrawal. On the other side you're capable of following a diet easily.

One more tip, do not take any liquid medication when doing 500 calories a day. Especially codeine cough syrup ;) The sugary syrup will be absorbed WAY too fast and you will basically OD on whatever it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey grandpa what's for supper?

Jan 19, 2020, 7:58 PM

Dood, I don't even know. I might go with a cup of instant noodles or a sandwich. I'm wound up tighter than a mouse's ear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic