Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman chances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Heisman chances

Dec 2, 2016, 9:54 AM

What does DW4 have to do tomorrow stat wise to win heisman?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know it might sound odd

Dec 2, 2016, 9:59 AM

But I actually think the game needs to be compelling and somewhat close throughout. I think he will need a good statistical performance (300+ yards passing, 3 TD's, no ints, and 75+ yards rushing with a TD), and there wil need to be some moment where he takes over the game late against a defense that has looked decently strong throughout the game.

A blowout victory is certainly good for my heart, but as far as Heisman hopes go, I think there needs to be a moment or two that makes voters take notice that he is *THE* reason we won a conference championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know it might sound odd

Dec 2, 2016, 3:00 PM

If his body of work over the last three years doesnt make him the favorite now, then the award has become meaningless. I would perfer that he wows the NFL scouts that are so important to his future.

Needs another $CU type game

Dec 2, 2016, 10:02 AM

I think he gets it too. He needs 4-5+ total TD's and 1 INT or less. He's been lights out lately. Great time to hit a stride. Let's just hope they haven't already awarded it to Lamar. Lamar has been stellar and his numbers exceed Deshaun's, but there has to be value in the ability to "get it done" when the game is on the line and NO ONE does that better than DW4

Re: Heisman chances

Dec 2, 2016, 10:11 AM

IMO we do to Va Tech anything close to what we did last week and he walks away with it hands down. I vote for a total dismantling of the turkeys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heisman chances for Deshaun

Dec 2, 2016, 10:21 AM

My opinion:

DW4 would rather be playing in Tampa for a NC regardless of how the Heisman Vote turns out. He can control only what is presented to him in regards to game situations and the corresponding results.

He cannot control the Boogers and Pauls that vote.

Beat them badly...

Dec 2, 2016, 10:22 AM

I'll be happy with a win. However, DW4 winning the Heisman would be awesome. I think Watson needs to be accountable for 4-5 TD's and play a clean game with little to no turnovers. I'd rather see a blowout, than a close game.

I hope we play lights out and bag this Championship & DW4 wins the Heisman Trophy.

Go Tigers!!!

Beat the brakes off VT!

Run the ball 400 times, fumble, and lose the game

Dec 2, 2016, 10:36 AM

That seems to be what espn cares about

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You act like the guy doesn't have nearly 5000 total yards

Dec 2, 2016, 10:50 AM

and 51 TDs. Jackson wasn't great in November but he was already 2 laps ahead of the field at that point and I'm not sure there's enough race left for anyone to catch up.

That wasn't enough last year for DW4 to win***

Dec 2, 2016, 11:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun was at 4400 total yards and 41 TDs when the

Dec 2, 2016, 11:30 AM

voting occurred. 5.3 yards per carry and 8.4 YPA.

Jackson has 4930 total yards, 51 TDs, 8.9 YPA and 6.6 YPR. There also isn't an overrated Bama RB for everyone to drool over this year.

Re: You act like the guy doesn't have nearly 5000 total yards

Dec 2, 2016, 1:13 PM [ in reply to You act like the guy doesn't have nearly 5000 total yards ]

Unfortunately I think you right. As much as I want to see DW4 win his Heisman I just don't see the voters voting for anyone but LJ. But ESPN and media can persuade voters by their coverage. Let's see how DW4 does and how he is covered by the media.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he also has 3 loses

Dec 2, 2016, 1:59 PM [ in reply to You act like the guy doesn't have nearly 5000 total yards ]

one to a 6 win team and will be playing in the toilet bowl game

He needs huge numbers. He probably also needs a game

Dec 2, 2016, 10:49 AM

where he bails the Tigers out from a bad defensive performance or something which i would rather not see happen. And even with those things he's still going to be a pretty big underdog to Lamar.

7 td's, 400 yards, no int's*****

Dec 2, 2016, 11:32 AM

They try to make it compelling but it's probably already too

Dec 2, 2016, 11:43 AM

late, seeing as people voted for Derrick Henry for heisman just a few weeks in to the season last year

Re: They try to make it compelling but it's probably already too

Dec 2, 2016, 12:43 PM

Henry wasn't even the front runner until after the LSU game. It was the month of November that won it for him. Bama started running him like 40+ times a game from the LSU game on. Over half of his total yards on the season came in November or after. Up until that point it was Fournette. November was what won it for him and Deshaun has had a great November compared to Lamar. Go Tigers, Go #4.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct sorry. They said many voted VERY early in the season

Dec 2, 2016, 1:58 PM

not necessarily voted for Derrick Henry...

Play for all 5 quarter at peak!***

Dec 2, 2016, 2:00 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic