Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Team Problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 884

Basketball Team Problem

Feb 18, 2013, 1:42 PM

I was at the game last night and I do applaud the team for really working hard and the crowd for really being in the game. However, there seems to be a disconnect with this team. They don't appear to play well as a team and have a confidence problem. I don't know who to blame but it needs fixing.

Ideas?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what you mean...

Feb 18, 2013, 1:59 PM

The defense last night was lights out. Scrambling, switching, constantly frustrating a high-powered offense....you can't do that with a disconnected team.

Now, if you meant the offense, I'd say Miami's sheer size inside had a lot to do with us not playing the inside-out game. It was frustrating and likely contributed to the slow start.

Plus overall, there were a lot of kids to be throwing into the biggest game thus far in their college careers. And, having two would-be top scorers never getting to dress out this year removes considerable depth.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure what you mean...

Feb 18, 2013, 2:39 PM

RevDodd, you understand the game and where we are as a program with 2 seniors, no juniors, and the rest freshman and sophomores. Miami's team is loaded with "upper" class men and size, they should win. One dunk late, or we would have taken the #3 team in the country to overtime. What other ACC program has done that? NONE!!! Brownell is a winner and I hope he stays here beyond the "instant gratification" alleged fans of Clemson. GREAT JOB BROWNELL, AND OUR CLEMSON TEAM!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Team Problem

Feb 18, 2013, 2:06 PM

since you know what the problem is, you shold know how to fix it.......hm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're dealing w/ a lot of kids who are playing way too fast

Feb 18, 2013, 2:08 PM

because of being so young....it happens to all basketball players no matter at what level...the game is just going too fast. I look for it to slow down for them next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Solutions to problems will come...

Feb 18, 2013, 2:13 PM

graduation, experience & recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why jennings gets so much PT is beyond me.***

Feb 18, 2013, 2:56 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: why jennings gets so much PT is beyond me.***

Feb 18, 2013, 3:55 PM

Who else can you play?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up