Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seat equity plan?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 2,842

Seat equity plan?

Jan 2, 2016, 11:59 PM

I recently just graduated from Clemson 2 weeks ago and have a question about how the seat equity plan works.

So how does it work, haha?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seat equity plan?

Jan 3, 2016, 12:00 AM

Did they teach you to Google in school? Sorry man, but you're a young buck...not a computer illiterate person like my dad that I have sympathy for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2016, 12:04 AM

http://www.iptaycuad.com/fls/28500/pdf/tickets/2012-13/seat_equity_plan_brochure.pdf?SPSID=704658&SPID=117828&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28510

Sorry...didn't mean to be rude...just figured this one was pretty easy for anyone to find since I Googled "Clemson Seat Equity."

Ahh, you beat me to it...

Jan 3, 2016, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity plan? ]

Google is so easy and fast to find out virtually anything. It's usually 10x faster than creating a topic and awaiting a response.

There's no such thing as a dumb question. A lazy question, on the other hand...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: Ahh, you beat me to it...

Jan 3, 2016, 12:20 AM

It wasn't a lazy question. I didn't understand how the plan worked.

Relax.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2016, 12:22 AM

Fever basically said what the website says. Was his post somehow easier to read?

Jan 3, 2016, 12:24 AM

I don't think it had all the Orange paws and authentic looking Iptay logos that frankly most find distracting

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2016, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Ahh, you beat me to it... ]

You're absolutely right. I apologize. It's just that there have been so many questions lately that have been sooooo easy for the asker to find themselves in less than 10 seconds.
It often seems like if someone knows how to use a computer, they should just use Google or Yahoo for simple questions. It's the ofttimes confusing details of those "simple" questions that sometimes require the one-on-one advice that that you were seeking. You came to the right place.

Good luck out there!

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Jan 3, 2016, 12:03 AM

Not sure if you studied economics or not but the more you give the more equity you have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2016, 12:04 AM

Are you guaranteed lower deck seats if you donate a certain amount?

Jan 3, 2016, 12:07 AM

you say you just graduated from Clemson?

Yep.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:08 AM

Congrats on your degree bud. USE IT! :)

Jan 3, 2016, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity plan? ]

What area are you living now

Jan 3, 2016, 12:12 AM

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity plan? ]

Sigh...be nice, I'm trying so hard. You should too. ;)

First off, join IPTAY

Jan 3, 2016, 12:10 AM

Was trying to say, first off join IPTAY YA! immediately... 90% off donations year 1 (so the benefits of a $1400 yearly donation only cost you $140 year 1, $350 year 2, $700 year 3, etc.).

Jan 3, 2016, 12:11 AM

Yep, I know about this.

I'm honestly just trying to see if its possible for a 1st year donor to get lower deck tickets.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:13 AM

Of course anything is possible, write the school a 100k check and you will love the view from those seats.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity plan? ]

Then that should have been your question. The more you pay, the better your seats. Contact IPTAY or go to the office to get a better idea of how much it would take.

Also young man, uppers in the first 15 rows are nothing to turn your nose up at.

Hope this helps.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:16 AM

I have some friends with those uppers on the clemson 50 first few rows, they love them

Jan 3, 2016, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity plan? ]

I have some friends with those uppers on the clemson 50 first few rows, they love them

Jan 3, 2016, 12:18 AM

Yep. Plays developing are so much easier to watch.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity plan? ]

Also, not sure if $1400 even guarantees you lower level tickets anymore. When I joined back in 2008 it did (Section Q, Row X) but that was back before the Tigers are what we know them to be now.

Basically this....

Jan 3, 2016, 12:15 AM

In order to buy a season ticket, you need to be an IPTAY member. You can join IPTAY at many different levels. Seats in DV are divided into sections each having a different seat equity value, which is basically the "minimum" amount you have to give to IPTAY in order to be allowed to buy seats in that section (even if you've had them for years). The amount is per seat, so in order to buy two tickets in a $500 section, you have to be giving at least $1000 that year. This amount does not include the actual price of the ticket (~$330), just the privilege to buy it. The number of tickets that you can purchase also depends on the level of your giving that year.

But the real kicker is "priority". There are many people who have been giving for years. They have earned points which places them ahead of you when it comes time to assign seats. You get one point per year, plus 4 points for each $1000 you've given over your lifetime. There is also temporary bonus points for your current level. So, when tickets orders are fulfilled, they start with the highest level and work down. Within each level, they go by priority points. You can give $10K one year and jump ahead of a lot of people, but keep this in mind... Once you have good seats, nobody can take those away from you as long as you give at the minimum seat equity level.

There are very few tickets in the lower bowl that are not renewed each year. You can't get the ones that are renewed no matter how much you give, if those owners meet the minimum. So, don't give $1400 and expect to get two tickets in the $700 section - you will get upper deck.

Hope this helps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basically this....

Jan 3, 2016, 12:17 AM

Thanks Fever for the great explanation!!

Jan 3, 2016, 12:20 AM

Hey, if you like the easy route...you could just create a donation page to fund your donation to IPTAY. Seems all the kids are taking the easy route today. ;)

Jan 3, 2016, 12:23 AM

I saw that and cringed.

I start my career the day of the National Championship. I don't need anyone to fund me, haha.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:26 AM

Good. Don't mean to be so hard on you. But you are in Clemson, closer to the IPTAY office than 95% of us.

Guess we're flattered you think so much of our opinion...but we're also a bunch of hard ##### here. You know this.

Congrats on your career and your step into being a donor. Hope you find the seats you want. But be patient. Those folks you see on the 50 yard line under the overhang in the shade...they didn't get there overnight. :)

Jan 3, 2016, 12:31 AM

I find it hard to believe, with as good of an education as you leave with at Clemson they don't have these students set up with Iptay before they go. Someone is dropping the ball.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:33 AM

Such a great point.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:36 AM

Maybe this guy didn't have time for football while he was up there studying and just now got into the whole process. Imagine being up there in school and not even attending a game. Crazy isn't it

Jan 3, 2016, 12:39 AM

Wait...there were classes when I was in Clemson? Like actual classrooms?

Where? Are the in Tigertown Tavern or TD's...cause I swear I've hit on women in every corner of those places and didn't see a desk or chalkboard anywhere.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:42 AM

There must have been some changes because I thought as a student you were already........nm

Jan 3, 2016, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Basically this.... ]

Haha, yea nearly every time I post on here asking questions I catch h311.

Thanks for the kudos.

Join IPTAY, will inform you***

Jan 3, 2016, 12:17 AM

Thought they taught The Google these days at CU..........

Jan 3, 2016, 9:09 AM

Personally, I had to use the mainframe during my time, and punch cards part of that!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 2,842
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic