Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you see
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 757

When you see

Apr 29, 2018, 5:35 PM

people shaking their fists at America and demanding entry, we are in
trouble if we give in.We have soldiers protecting other countries borders
but we can't protect our own.Folks who think these people want to be a
part of American ways are fooled.We need a better system.I pray for
America and for young folks who can't see what is happening.I pray
for my young Grandchildren but not for my children because they are
old enough to act.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

irmo

Apr 29, 2018, 10:05 PM

I think the bigger issue that your grandchildren will have to worry about is the insurmountable debt your generation left behind, not refugees seeking a better life in our country. And before you start belly aching about the welfare state, know that my generation is footing the bill for your social security, VA benifits, military pension, and your medicare, knowing full and well that these entitlements likely will not be there for us down the road.

And also know that when you fought in Vietnam, or Korea, whichever... it was not entirely about ending the spread of communism, but protecting and establishing the cheap foreign labor markets that ultimately undermined the working class in this country. So thank you for your service. (Insert sarcasm)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you see

Apr 29, 2018, 11:38 PM

Well-stared! Thank you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the best way to solve a big part of the issue is

Apr 30, 2018, 7:45 AM

to let everyone publicly state their support or opposition to such influx of foreign nationals. Once the numbers are in, Then implement a few things - to include:

- if you support it, you [are paid] a small stipend to compensate you housing some of these immigrants as you help guide them to citizenship. All materials and information to help you guide them also provided. You are completely responsible for your assignee's adherence to local and federal laws. Immigrants allowed in as housing permits.

- if you do not support the flood of immigrants coming in without limitation, you support the wall, then [you pay] a small stipend to fund more (better) border control.

Of course, you can can your mind at any time after fulfilling one years obligation with your decision. So, you could help pay for immigration control for one year or you could be paid a small stipend for housing immigrants for one year.

Now, with this, everyone can get what they want.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Are we talking legals or illegals?***

Apr 30, 2018, 8:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Legals

Apr 30, 2018, 10:15 AM

anyone housing illegals without reporting it to the gov't should face very stiff fines and/or imprisonment.

And, start, if you like, with those already in the country before letting more in. Get the program going before allowing more in - since there must be a home for them to stay in until they become citizens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does a wall have to do with legal immigrants?...

Apr 30, 2018, 10:18 AM

are there really people against legal immigration in general?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are misisng my point

Apr 30, 2018, 10:27 AM

A wall has nothing to do with legal immigration - but border protection will always be needed because of illegal immigration. You can, and do, have both simultaneously everyday.

Even those coming in legally are not necessarily doing it to be "legal" in every aspect. I don't believe you are naïve about this and am not trying to take a jab. I am only stating that those in legally should be under watchful care until such time as they are citizens. Those who want them to be citizens can help get them there by offering their help - not just by saying, "Welcome to America. Go, take, enjoy!"

Yes - we do have many who come and are very productive and provide needed/wanted services through their skill set. To those who do - Bravo! Welcome, take, enjoy!

Immigration is no easy thing to deal with - but it is much worse to let it tend to itself.

Nope nopity nope nope.

Apr 30, 2018, 2:16 PM

You need to go back and read your original post. You said people should have to voice their support or opposition of an "influx of foreign nationals". Those who support this should have to house them and be responsible for them, you said. Those who oppose should have to fund a border wall.

I asked you for clarification on this post. You said you were referring to legal immigration. So Flow's point is valid, and you missed the point of your own post: Why would we need a wall for legal immigration?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Nope nopity nope nope....is right

Apr 30, 2018, 2:23 PM

I stated an outline in my first post - then got a little more specific with my reply to you. I can even more specific with details if that is the conversation you want...but alas, that is not what you want at all.

And, I did give TWO options in my original post for a reason. And there is a reason why both options are worked in the reply.

I just think you don't like what I have to say because it is me.

So, what exactly do I want?

Apr 30, 2018, 7:08 PM

And flatter yourself, bro... I don't have any hang ups on you.

Now, back to the intentionally dodged point: Your original post states "influx of immigrants" and you demand every person's public opinion (we won't even go into the Constitutionality of that). And you gave your choice.

The problem with your choice is that it doesn't clarify between illegal and legal. The border wall aspect clearly addresses illegals. But the part about housing the immigrants doesn't clarify. So I asked for the clarification. There's quite a difference between people who want doors opened for legal immigrants seeking asylum and those who just want turnstiles for all (which I think those folks are few and far between).

Thus, your post needed further clarification, and you gave it as referring to legals. Therefore, I wonder why you are also tying in a concept that applies to illegals. Being okay with an "influx" of immigrants implies complacency with illegal immigration.

These are two separate issues, legal vs. illegal. I have a feeling that those of you who are so outspoken about the latter are also having a serious problem with the former. I hope that's not the case.

i missed the demand part***

Apr 30, 2018, 7:24 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i missed the demand part***

Apr 30, 2018, 9:13 PM

Oh, you thought what Hunt was proposing was an optional plan? Interesting.

Why should people who support legal immigration...

Apr 30, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Legals ]

Be forced to house them on the taxpayers' dime?

Why do we need a wall for legal immigration? You put both together.

Seems like everyone should be fine with legal immigration and letting them house themselves, right?

Nope nopity nope nope.

Apr 30, 2018, 2:25 PM

something something something.

Have a good day.

Re: I think the best way to solve a big part of the issue is

Apr 30, 2018, 3:30 PM [ in reply to I think the best way to solve a big part of the issue is ]

HuntClub® said:

to let everyone publicly state their support or opposition to such influx of foreign nationals. Once the numbers are in, Then implement a few things - to include:

- if you support it, you [are paid] a small stipend to compensate you housing some of these immigrants as you help guide them to citizenship. All materials and information to help you guide them also provided. You are completely responsible for your assignee's adherence to local and federal laws. Immigrants allowed in as housing permits.

- if you do not support the flood of immigrants coming in without limitation, you support the wall, then [you pay] a small stipend to fund more (better) border control.

Of course, you can can your mind at any time after fulfilling one years obligation with your decision. So, you could help pay for immigration control for one year or you could be paid a small stipend for housing immigrants for one year.

Now, with this, everyone can get what they want.

That's not a half bad proposal Hunt. At least it's fair. Wonder if we could apply the same idea to abortion?

Re: irmo

Apr 30, 2018, 8:04 AM [ in reply to irmo ]

I'm glad for your ignorant reply.#1, we don't just let people in
our country seeking a better life.These folks are running from so
called violence but we are one of the most violent countries in the
world.They are also shaking their fist at us and waving the flag of
their country.As far as younger people paying for my ss benefits,I
payed for 50+ years for older folks benefits and never complained,
so pay up and shut up.As far as VA benefits,I worked for several
years for this country and only made $110.00 a month and that was
gone in a flash.The only benefits I have received is a VA loan for
my home.

I don't care if others come to this country, my Great Grandparents
were immigrants from another country.So again,don't attack my comments
because you don't know the facts.As far as younger people paying for
debt, so be it.BTW, the Obama era raised the debt 10 trillion dollars.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 8:55 AM

These folks are running from so
called violence but we are one of the most violent countries in the
world.

We are, but we're significantly less violent than Mexico. All in all, though, border crossings are decreasing. Have been for a while.

On a more person level, why so angry, bro? You seem very angry with your posts all the time. Life is too short to be this angry.

Apr 30, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: irmo ]

There's just not much one can do with someone who just insists on believing what they want to believe rather than the facts.

According to the The World Economic Forum's Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report of the top 20 most violent countries in the world, America doesn't even make the list.

The top 5 are:

1. Colombia
2. Yemen
3. El Salvador
4. Pakistan
5. Nigeria

Of the top 10, 2 are in Central America and 2 in northern South America.

Not that facts are going to change your views...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/worlds-most-dangerous-countries-colombia-yemen-el-salvador-pakistan-nigeria-a7934416.html

Balm

Apr 30, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to irmo ]

I'm one of the Baby Boomers that was supposed to be the generation that
overwhelmed the Soc. Sec. system due to numbers.

I have never bought into that idea because there should have been a large stockpile
of funds because we worked for 40 plus years and the generation before us was small.
Instead of having a large amount ready for us to retire, it has been used up.

Entitlements and the use of those funds for social experiments have
depleted what would have been a healthy SSS. Your generation should not have
to have funded us, but our government extending benefits to people who haven't earned
anything or contributed to anything is the cause of our massive debt.

I agree with you that insurmountable debt will be the biggest problem our country will face
and that alone will cause a lot of unrest. Sadly, to a point unlike anything is US history before.

It's easy to blame the generation before you as being the problem but what I see your generation
pushing forth as a political agenda is only going to increase the debt and unrest.

I worry about my grandchildren's future with good reason...and guess what...they'll blame you

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree on the debt issue...

Apr 30, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to irmo ]

but don't think you can completely separate the issue of illegal immigration and entitlements (note I don't consider SS and Medicare as entitlements for this discussion's sake).

However, you never seem to be able to make a point without being a douche-nozzle.

You can thank your former Spender-in Chief for doubling

Apr 30, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to irmo ]

the debt in the last 8 years.

AND DON'T BLAME BUSH!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Both major parties are equally spend-happy.

Apr 30, 2018, 4:55 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/us/politics/white-house-budget-congress.html

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These specific people aside, I'm curious if you...

Apr 30, 2018, 8:52 AM

believe the US should offer any form of political asylum?

From what I've read, I'm not sure the people marching up from Central America deserve political asylum, but you seem to be against the principle in general.

Replies: 23
| visibility 757
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic