Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Awesome Rece Davis paraphrase from Packer show today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,837

Awesome Rece Davis paraphrase from Packer show today

Nov 29, 2016, 1:29 AM

Packman asked him about Lamar Jackson and if he got such a lead in Sept that nobody had a chance to catch him..

Rece Davis:
(Big deep breath)... So you know I have a vote and can't day who I'm voting for. Jackson hurt himself these last games. You know, I have 1 Heisman vote I regret.. I regret it because a guy played amazing 1 season. Then the next season I, and I think lots of people in the media, held this player to a higher standard than other players based on what I had seen from him the year before.

That player should have won but didn't. I think lots of us in the media need to step back and really reevaluate. I think that's happening again this year, but I plan on not making that mistake and encourage anybidy with a vote to give that some thought.

Slam espn all you want, Rece Davis was just stumping for DW.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

YeP..my thoughts exactly in that DW4 Should have won in '15

Nov 29, 2016, 2:13 AM

And hadn't showed up enough this year to be out front (but he did beat Jackson head-to-head)..

But now DW4 is back in the race!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Awesome Rece Davis paraphrase from Packer show today

Nov 29, 2016, 6:14 AM

When does the voting open?

Lets just hope that some saw Laura's ?? last two games and held off voting early. DW has better stats against better teams. He also came out of games in 1 st and 2nd qtrs against teams Tigers were beating bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ballots have been out for 2 weeks, have to be in by

Nov 29, 2016, 11:23 AM

Mon after ACCCG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 29, 2016, 6:44 AM

They were padding Lamar's stats all year. Apparently the voters just ignore that. As said DW came out of the game early several times. Plus read the description of what the award represents - it is more than stats. Leadership, integrity, performance, etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2016, 7:31 AM

That's interesting. I don't like ESPN at all. But, I do like Reece Davis. The guy makes a good point and he's one of the reasons I watch Gameday. I hope the voters take his advice.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So who's the guy Rece regrets not voting for?

Nov 29, 2016, 11:36 AM

Was it Tim Tebow in 2008 after he won the award in 2007? Maybe Colt McCoy in 2009 finishing behind a couple of overrated RBs? Andrew Luck in 2011 finishing behind RG3?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic