Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BTW, is Dabo really serious about playing Deshaun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 384

BTW, is Dabo really serious about playing Deshaun

Dec 1, 2014, 11:16 AM

in the bowl game and postponing surgery? Or is he just trolling the bowl selection committees into giving us a better bowl and then "changing his mind?"

Surely he understands that it's more important for Deshaun to be 100% next year vs. trying to win the Russell Athletic Bowl or whatever crap bowl we get punted to?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prevailing theory is the trolling thing.

Dec 1, 2014, 11:18 AM

Deshaun sells tickets. Cole sells...concessions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hair product. Cole sells hair product.***

Dec 1, 2014, 11:19 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd feel much better with Cole selling concessions.***

Dec 1, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Prevailing theory is the trolling thing. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Cole will not play. Schuesler will play.

Dec 1, 2014, 3:12 PM

Shoosler will be the back up next year. May as well get is prep time started now.

Not if he see's TAINT_PAINT's petition.***

Dec 1, 2014, 11:18 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Pays TI and not Crump ^^^***

Lettuce Beef Cereal, Greenr pays NO MAN for inside Clemson

Dec 1, 2014, 11:21 AM

information. I just go call up Daybo on my Orange Bat Phone.

SRS/10 - got this one at home and it still works.

Oh do you split an account with RNEEG?***

Dec 1, 2014, 11:24 AM

Does 3- 4 weeks really matter all that much?

You're talking about probably 8 months of rehab, right? So it doesn't seem like it makes that much difference. Does anyone know if the rehab is different for a partially torn ACL? Maybe he would be back quicker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does 3- 4 weeks really matter all that much?

Dec 1, 2014, 11:21 AM

It might not, but why not give him as much rest as possible? Peake's injury time was certainly longer than expected and Watson is by far 100x more important to this team than any other player

Also, why risk further injury? I know the doctors claim he couldn't injure it further, but I don't buy it

You can make a lot of progress in 3-4 weeks of rehab

Dec 1, 2014, 11:24 AM

No, he can't really injure his ACL further, but what he could do is injure something else in his knee. Not having an ACL puts a lot of stress on the other ligaments, and I think it would be foolish to risk that for some B.S. doesn't matter bowl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either.

Dec 1, 2014, 11:20 AM

If it wasn't bad and he weren't going to have surgery, then I could see it. But if he's going to need surgery, for goodness sake, do it today.

It could make a difference for pre-season rankings next year

Dec 1, 2014, 11:25 AM

I can see Clemson's offense looking pretty bad if they've got to go out there with Stoudt and a new OC, especially if we play a team with a defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think so...the media knows who Watson is

Dec 1, 2014, 11:27 AM

and how good he is. Clemson's pre-season ranking next year will be just fine, if that's a concern.

WHAT ABOUT PRODIGALS PRESEASON RANKINGS?!?!***

Dec 1, 2014, 11:28 AM

Juss sayin, if Clemson's defense is any good...

Dec 1, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Don't think so...the media knows who Watson is ]

then they have potential to be a championship contender. I'd hate to see them starting out somewhere in the 20-25 range because they finished outside of the top 25 this year with a bowl loss.

Ranked 20-25 is a fine place for a championship contender

Dec 1, 2014, 11:31 AM

As long as they win the games.

I don't know what Clemson's O-Line situation is next year. If they improve there, they've got an elite offense.

Stoudt? No...hell no...he's done

Dec 1, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to It could make a difference for pre-season rankings next year ]

you watch your filthy mouth saying he will be back next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting blown out in a bowl WVU style

Dec 1, 2014, 11:41 AM

would really kill our preseason ranking. Will this 30 days make that much of a difference? Have they given a particular recovery time with Deshaun? Cleary if the month or so will cause him to not play next year, I would take the potential blowout loss.

UPDATE:
this is germans

Message was edited by: hleapha®

the feeling around campus is that we open at Miami next year

Dec 1, 2014, 12:51 PM

need him for that one fer sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel that we won our bowl game. Let's get Deshaun

Dec 1, 2014, 12:04 PM

healthy for next season. Cole has a month to get ready. Let's let him finish it. Get him sports psychs and plenty of reps. At the bowl game just call the plays he feels confident about.

Re-name it the Mulligan bowl.... let DeShaun rehab.

Just run Shuessler out on to the field on passing downs.

Dec 1, 2014, 12:08 PM

Sure, we'd be telling the defense that we're passing, but that's actually better than letting Stoudt actively seek out a defender with open field in front of him to throw it to.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson's doctor and other doctors have said

Dec 1, 2014, 12:09 PM

playing with a brace has zero risk of further damage to his knee

Re: Clemson's doctor and other doctors have said

Dec 1, 2014, 12:37 PM

Sooner or later he's gonna need to get that operated on. He'll need some rehab before he should play again unless they just want him to wear a brace next season too.

My understanding is certain people CAN play with a torn

Dec 1, 2014, 12:28 PM

ACL. I read somewhere Tajh Boyd played several games at the end of his high school career with a torn ACL. My only concern is if the delay effects the quality of the repair surgery. I mean to have that thing torn for almost 2 months will cause it to be harder to repair, right? Not to mention the toll using it will take on his knees.

I'm not sure I would wait until after the bowl game. If we played next week that would be different, but just going a month (even without games) will be hard on his knee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly depends on the "tear", but I didn't have an ACL

Dec 1, 2014, 2:33 PM

for 40 years. There was literally nothing there.

Now I have the ACL of a 23 year old (well, actually it was his achilles tendon...)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I played hard sports on a torn ACL for 3 years until I wound

Dec 1, 2014, 2:37 PM

up hurting it worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Define "worse". Once the ACL is severed, replacement

Dec 1, 2014, 2:51 PM

is pretty commonplace anymore. And I would think 3 years of wear & tear on an injured knee would damage all the other xxL's, miniscus and one's piece of mind. A month or so and one game, with a very well-designed brace, is a bit of another story.

But as I mentioned in a buddybook post this am, it really comes down to the player making an informed decision. It's not like Dabo trades him if he doesn't play in the bowl game. Watson and his family need to make the call.

And I wasn't implying that Watson's acl is severed, or that

Dec 1, 2014, 2:56 PM

I know any more than has been published. I was assuming that would be "worst" case, unless there is a whole lot more going on has been put out there.

Yea, mine was severed***

Dec 1, 2014, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I didn't know my ACL was torn because the Redfern

Dec 1, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Define "worse". Once the ACL is severed, replacement ]

(LOL) "doctors" said it wasn't torn and were positive about it.

My knee would just hurt after any time I'd do anything strenuous on it, walking was fine, but after a jog or certainly after a soccer or frisbee game it would hurt. I just lived with that.

But 3 years later I was playing frisbee and wound up planting the foot and having lateral movement on the knee and it hurt, a lot. That's whenever I tore my meniscus and it folded over, causing pain at all times, finally got my knee looked at by an ortho.

My knee always felt a little unstable during those three years, but I could deal with it.

Watson will have a special brace on his for the peace of mind, so he won't do damage.

Replies: 31
| visibility 384
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic