Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BOT Chair's telling message
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

BOT Chair's telling message

Nov 21, 2012, 11:54 AM

He said that academics still trumps everything else, If that is the case UofL will NOT get the invite. we will be looking at UCONN or Navy to Join.
WHEN that happens expect FSU to throw their hands up and bolt as they said they would. FSU has national brand recognition and i could easily see the BIG12 taking them along with UofL.

At that point the ACC is toast, NC St goes to SEC with VT as most think.

Leaving us to hope for a B1G / BIG12 invite to get them to 16 super conference at a LATER date. during which time (ACC/Big east left overs) programs & recruiting goes down hill. I do not want that to happen.

Yes i know this is our BIG rivalry week (i will be at the game.) BUT this too is BIG news... our Football programs future is potentially at stake!

Time for action, even if its just making some phone calls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone in NC know....?

Nov 21, 2012, 12:05 PM

Does NC state need UNC ' s permission to leave? It was my understanding that the UNC board runs the entire public University system.

nailed it****

Nov 21, 2012, 12:07 PM

Re: BOT Chair's telling message

Nov 21, 2012, 12:08 PM

I frankly don't see any of the teams being discussed as viable to help improve this conference. If adding FSU, Miami. and VT didn't make us a prominent conference, I don't see who would.

without us or FSU in the football the value of the tv

Nov 21, 2012, 12:10 PM

contract goes down considerably. The other schools don't bring enough eye balls or put enough importance on it. Also don't believe the garbage about college basketball. The top regular season basketball games don't draw the same audience as a lower tier bowl game. College basketball regular season is meaningless for the tv folks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic