Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BCS vs CFP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

BCS vs CFP

Nov 27, 2018, 7:48 AM

I’ve seen this argument pop up again over at FGF....... Clemson is only relevant bc the BCS went away. Don’t these idiots understand that we would have made the BCS Championship at least 3 of the last 4 years as we have been a top 2 seed, and that winning a natty now requires winning 2 games and not just 1. We probably win the National a Championship last year in the BCS system bc Bama wouldn’t have even been playing.

Cluckers gonna cluck

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BCS vs CFP

Nov 27, 2018, 7:56 AM

I prefer the new system, even though it has flaws!

Nov 27, 2018, 8:24 AM

Actually without switching from the BCS to the CFP, CLEMSON would have won the NC 1 year earlier as we were undefeated through 14 games (I think). Bama won our 15th game that year. The BCS did not have a 15th game. I think Dabo even commented on it that year, but cannot remember specifically how he phrased it. So if the CFP started ONE year later, we would have won 2 NC's in a row (I think).

Nov 27, 2018, 8:27 AM

^^Check years 2015-2016.

Nov 27, 2018, 9:05 AM

If we are going to revise history.

Without the CFP Bama would have one more title and one less title. Bama would have beaten FSU in BCS National title in 2014 instead of losing to Ohio St in the semifinal.

Bama would have not had the chance to get in last year so they could not have won.

2015 and 2016 could have possible been unchanged as those match ups were between the top 2 teams. The difference being we would not have played a semifinal and gotten Lawson and Alexander hurt prior to playing Bama. Advantage Clemson!

I'm not sure what we would have done with UGA in the championship game last year if that was BCS format. I like our chances better than what we showed against Bama though.

Nov 27, 2018, 9:20 AM

I'm not so sure Bama would have beaten FSU.

Every single starter on that FSU team, on offense AND defense, was drafted to the NFL and at least half a dozen of those guys are big names in the NFL now. Auburn only kept the game close due to coaching and FSU's injuries.

Nov 27, 2018, 11:12 AM

You're mixing the 2013 and 2014 FSU teams. In 2013, FSU played Auburn in the final BCS Championship Game. In 2014, 3-seed (and unbeaten) Florida State got hammered by 2-seed (1-loss) Oregon in the Rose Bowl in the first playoff game.

Nov 27, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS vs CFP ]

Tiger TV is correct. The 2013 team was dominant. The 2014 team was the team that needed multiple comebacks and miscues by the opposition in order to go 13-0 heading into the playoff. Then they promptly got embarrassed by Oregon.

In the BCS system the undefeated FSU team would have likely been in over the 1 loss Oregon team.

Russia got us in the playoffs.***

Nov 27, 2018, 9:05 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic